Upcoming Epic Guild Tasks (in 4.7)

I sense that some guilds will blitz epic tasks in the first few weeks to ascertain the actual rewards that Salty is unwilling to disclose. Their findings will I am sure be posted here and this could be a very rapid death to epic tasks unless the rewards are much better than we anticipate.

1 Like

You won’t need to do all that. You’ll be able to easily see the various rewards just like you can see them currently for regular guild tasks.

I think that a lot of guilds that are going to be cost driven out of legendaries are going to do what I suggested to my guild. Ignore epic tasks completely unless there are some that are needed by a large number of guildies (writs) and instead save up gold for 3-4 weeks (or more). Then after saving up 10 million or so from each player then go ahead and spend it all on legendaries after wasting 27 million on the epic tasks. With this method at least you only waste that 27 million once in a while. Personally I think even the truly high end guilds should adopt the same strat and only go for legendaries every two weeks as it will mean an additional 27 legendaries on that second week.

Its amazing that the Dev and Publisher are ignoring us on this, I do hope that Salty and the rest are reading this and realizing the angst they are about to cause their player base but I just don’t think they are.

6 Likes

The information was dropped on the community almost two weeks ago. Over 500 posts on this thread since (in addition to posts in ancillary threads) and the silence from the development team has been deafening. I am stunned there has been no input from the team considering the amount of energy has been invested in discussing this from the community.

6 Likes

Because they can’t throw the publisher under the bus.
And frankly…505 Games doesn’t care what we think or say so long as they continue to see increased profit from the game.
Key word being “increased”. If the game starts to lose money, then they will be more concerned in regards to feedback.

“Money talks. Bull shit walks.”

7 Likes

With this much community engagement on the forum, I hope we will get a dev to state on the forum if they are even considering revising their current plan.

1 Like

How? Apart from the stat bonuses, Salty hasn’t disclosed what each epic task will reward us with. For example, what will the progressive writs and tokens be for ascending epic tasks?

I had the same idea. Power Gems will likely be completing all epic tasks on GW weeks only. Then as many LTs as we want. It’ll be like 40k seals, which is only important to finish early during the week of a mythic release and the week after.

We might finish the token and deed ones if they are worth it. The rest aren’t that great.

1 Like

When this very thread got released everything was already decided. Upcoming Epic Guild Tasks, the title is very stright forward. So even tons of feedback can’t do much then. Indeed, the development team could have said something, but if the publishers already have decided how the Epic Tasks gonna be there is no way back, and therefor any time for the development team spent in this thread is wasted time - as there is nothing they can do to please the majority of the feedback given.

So sadly many of us have wasted valuable time on nothing - giving our feedback and opinions - because the upcoming changes have already been decided - of the looks of it.

The problem with Ingots is if you do delve to 500 every event then you have all weapons upgraded and if you are not doing that but choose to farm a delve you are in a similar position. The only people that need Ingots are the ones that hate delve and don’t care about upgrading every single weapon no matter how useless. No one needs worthless treasure that you can’t upgrade either.

3 Likes

Regarding developer silence on this topic. They have in the past gone silent before making changes. Just because they aren’t posting in the thread doesn’t mean they’re ignoring it completely. I am not guaranteeing that they will make changes; but you can’t use their silence as a predictor of future actions. Especially given how Salty got raked over the coals for the chaos shard portal “fix”, when she loudly announced one thing but the coders implemented something different.

5 Likes

They already said in tonight’s stream that the treasure task will be keys instead so at least your treasure stockpile won’t grow even faster. INGOTS are still going to be there even though we have all weapons upgraded so those will grow even faster

In tonight’s stream, Salty announced that keys will replace treasures in the epic red tasks. So, for that 5.2 mil gold you get 90 gold keys, 44 glory keys, 19 gem keys, 17 event keys.
(The numbers went quickly, so let me know if they need to be corrected.)

However, the total cost of epic tasks will stay the same.

2 Likes

Gosh, I wonder how this will effect your guild wars strategy.
Oh well, I’ll know soon enough.

Pretty sure we will be top 2. Top 3 if something crazy happens :joy:

1 Like

This is true! (please excuse my super dodgy edit, just posting this before I go and get something to eat.)

The red task which gives treasures will be changed. This is due to the community saying they have enough treasures, largely due to the incorrect drop rates of chaos portals. (Which has now been fixed, and the rates are displaying correctly. You know the story.)

Instead of pulling more treasures, there will be keys included in this Epic Task. You will receive 90 gold keys, 44 glory keys, 19 gem keys, and 17 event keys for completing this task.

This is the compromise the developers came to after I put forward your feedback. I stopped posting earlier in this thread as I had nothing else to say, and couldn’t provide further updates. I have been collating data and liaising with the developers during this time, and I want to say thank you for the work and effort you put into presenting your feedback to us regarding the upcoming Epic Guild Tasks.

I know that this solution won’t please everyone, but I do believe it is a fair compromise. The gem value of this task is a little over the gem value of 5 Legendary Tasks. Many players were upset at a reduced amount of keys they would receive by not being able to complete as many legendary tasks in a week, so we introduced this as a compromise that will reward you with an amount of the sought after resources pulled from Legendary Tasks. I know it isn’t necessarily the exact change, or perfect solution that some of you want, but I am very proud of our team for coming up with this compromise, and being open to your feedback. This change means that low to mid-tier guilds will now have access to more keys, as many of them weren’t reaching Legendary Tasks in the first place. It still means that the hardcore end-game guilds will need to complete both the pre-existing and new Guild Tasks to unlock Legendary Tasks, but you will also receive some more keys along the way.

In 4.7 guild seals will also be increased for each guild member, which will mean that more chests can be opened once the update releases.

I know you will all have a lot of questions, but there isn’t much more than I can clarify at this time. I recommend that you swing by our 4.7 Update Preview stream next week to see everything in action, watch me and Ozball discuss the patch notes, and answer your burning questions.

Thank you for your patience during this time. These issues can’t be resolved quickly due to numerous moving parts, and I did my best.

5 Likes

This strikes me as a surprisingly elegant and well-reasoned tweak. It means that most guilds can (basically) complete 5 legendary tasks with no barrier to entry. I’d like to give credit where credit’s due.

I still have deep concerns about the total cost of the new tasks, and the fact that failing to complete them all will “feel bad” for almost every guild. Hopefully the infusion of writs and tokens will make the whole update a net positive for most people.

(Side note: a lot of people are complaining about the pet food, but I’m running a 200+ food deficit at the moment. Faction pets are really hard to feed. I’m glad that task wasn’t the one that got axed.)

3 Likes

This is an interesting dilemma because if you had to waste more gems on keys you’d be back to square one vs. if you just dumped the motherboard on the delve in the first place with potions.

Guess the players won that one, that is a huge win for guilds just making a few legendary tasks. An extra 988 gem keys and 884 event keys a year, bringing the yearly task total to 3328 gems and 2132 event keys.
Next complaint, too many event keys? :thinking:

1 Like

Still an evil Patch for the top of the pop Guilds.
I mean… it’s nice to see the Devs hear that the community is angry but this is more a step to silence the Mob out there then a solution to the problem.
That doesn’t help me much. And it shows that the Devs still haven’t realized that there is not a “Gem Value” for everything in this game. A bit sad tbh.

1 Like