Tuesday faction events are not healthy

I’m all for letting players buy their advancement Tuesdays based on their current progress. Set up an advancement gem scale: eg, 50 gems to jump right to lvl 100, then another 100 to lvl 200, etc. Whatever the gem amount it would normally take us to buy to get to that particular level. It will be contingent on the player’s current progress. Say, you’re lvl 250, so you can’t buy your way to lvl 300, only lvl 200 tops. This will make a pure faction 500 push quite doable on Tuesday.

4 Likes

I actually really like that idea, even though I know the devs would have to inflate the gem cost beyond what a player would have to spend were he or she to use just sigils and time in order for them to account for “potential losses” and “the gem economy’s balance”

1 Like

The ability to buy potions permanently could actually be balanced to support both devs and players.

It costs around 2000 gems to do a single day delve event. For permanent potions that apply to delve attempts outside of the faction, charge a significantly higher amount of gems, such as 500 gems for a permanent potion of enchantment, and the prices only going up from there.

A lot of pure factions would be much, much more possible with just enchantment and explosion potions (ex. Hall of Guardians). Make that cost 1200 gems total and the devs are getting a huge portion of what the daily events cost but will get it from far more players that will not or cannot reach level 500 in one day. 5K or even 10K gems for all potions (except those of power) would be a bit much for most players, but it’s something you could work on at your own pace. I use ridiculous numbers here because the devs would never support such a thing if the cost wasn’t extreme. The idea of being able to charge more than double or even five times as many gems to many players for the same thing that only a few players are currently paying for should be very appealing to them.

If you like this idea or something like it, please feel free to post it in the feature request board. Merely asking for delves to be easier or more reasonable without cost will get us nothing because the devs need to make money, too. We can hopefully actually acquire concessions if we speak their language.

5 Likes

I can’t agree with this.

This is an artificial problem that the developers created and having them sell the solution at a high price because people wanted to pay a lot for the solution is just silly.

There are numerous examples of people struggling, and they easily have the data in the backend to see the performance of players and if there is an underperformance in delves.

The devs need to make money, but at the end of a day, they’re a business and not a charity. I’m not going to just give them a ridiculous sum of money because everything else they sell is overpriced as well. I’ll give them money when they create something enjoyable, not because they created a problem and are charging for a solution.

18 Likes

I completely agree. It’s just that asking for that isn’t going to get us anything from devs that only implement additional pay to win features.

1 Like

What pay to win?

2 Likes

Ok ok ok, I know, but just hear me out:

Today’s faction is the 11th out of 17, with the 18th arriving Friday. So the 18th will be availabe to do on a Tuesday in 7 weeks, and the 19th faction in 8 weeks, while this one won’t be available again until another 11 weeks after that.

Assuming of course, the delve event schedule remains the same, and the zombie apocalypse doesn’t begin before then.

Besides, I only have enough gems to get the weapon. Maybe a few power potions. I’ll stop at 300 max. I’ve already hid my credit card.

Wish me luck, I’m goin in. For the Horde

3 Likes

Lol. I always skip Tuesday faction event on new faction week. There’s only so much faction I can stomach. And this one’s gonna be on the high end of the 'unpleasant spectrum". Couple of days away from gems in the meantime.

1 Like

Good luck and may the horde be with you

2 Likes

Remember way back when, in the long long ago, when Tuesday faction events weren’t healthy?

Now, thanks to gem sinks such as CoC and Invasions running the same week, and Raids and Bounties (did I really need to mythic both of those troops?), I no longer have the gems to go ‘all in’ on a gamble that I’d finish in time.

Peace of mind at last. Well played, 505. Thank you. :blush:

3 Likes

Tuesday factions and factions in general are excessive. It’s been said incessantly but when players who have no other life aspect bang out 15 million for a power orb, the economy is happy and nothing will change. All day players will always wreck the game in this regard. And the devs will bleed us as long as it continues. When we can all go outdoors again perhaps things may desist. But 20 or so players will always play 15 hours per day in top guilds. I don’t aspire to become one of them. I see quality of life somewhat differently.

1 Like

As long as CoC stays the same, its not worth putting anything into it. I’d just treat invasion as the original invasion.

2 Likes

I even feel 3 days for a newly release faction is not long enough.

They really should revamp it, so people could pick to either start at Lvl 10 or what they have their faction current at in the Underworld (it’s impossible for get 2500 renown for old factions).

Even from a business perspective it’s a better idea. In this instant, gems is not as important as the time required for the minimum 150 fights (Amanithrax is a 5 room game so that makes it 250 fights).

4 Likes

What do you mean it’s impossible to get 2500 renown for old factions please?

I assume they were using “impossible” to mean “unreasonably difficult” rather than “literally not achievable”. I’ve done it a few times (see the OP), so it’s obviously manageable.

All delves are possible and manageable with gems or time. Mostly gems. Basically gems. Well everything is with gems. For gems read = real money.

Good grief… this thread is a year old, and nothing has changed.

My first attempt at pure 500 was the launch event for Lyrasza’s Lair. I did pure faction level 300, so that I would have the maximum bonuses for the lv 500 finale. Other than that it was a blue faction, so full speed ahead with the truffle shuffle.

Getting through 50 delves in a weekend was very time consuming, but straightforward enough, until I got to the finale. But I just couldn’t get it done. And I thought my stats were nowhere near good enough, and I gave up.

However, I have completed pure 500 in every new faction since, and it takes a huge chunk out of my weekend, to the point where I think its unhealthy. And I regularly play this game in excess of 2 hours a day. Not every day, but enough.

The idea of doing all that in just 1 day (and not even at the weekend) is just mind boggling. Although I have completed every pure 500 since Lyrasza, I have absolutely zero interest in trying to do it in 1 day.

They either need to do one of these:

1: Allow players to start at a level of their choice, assuming they have already unlocked that level. Even if it costs a sigil to skip a delve. No rewards and no ravens if you skip a delve.

2: Move the Tuesday events to the weekend, just the same as the launch event… seriously, its not rocket science.

3: Re-read #2. Do that. Its that simple…

3 Likes

Let people that already got the whole way up to Faction level 500 with non faction team have the choice to start at level 500 in the event itself. Buying the needed potions for 2000+ gems is more than enough fists in the face.

Heck, let everyone have a chance to start where they are at.

10 Likes

Yes, waste of gems and at least no waste of lifetime should be enough.

3 Likes

I guess my question is what happens if you don’t do the factions anymore after you beat it once? Personally, I haven’t done any. Maybe I’m just not getting this but not doing them hasn’t affected my enjoyment of the game at all. I just don’t feel like doing them. My attitude is I’ll get to them when I get to them.

Edit: I should say I have been thinking about starting one of them but not enough for me to want to get them done.

1 Like