Tuesday faction events are not healthy

Exactly! No logic at all that people that already did the levels get a such a huge penalty and have to do them all over again just to get a chance to max the Faction.

@Saltypatra Rather tell the devs to give people the option to start from the beginning in a Tuesdays Faction Event OR start where they are at. Some likes to farm Renown and other stuff and wants to start fresh because of that. Other likes to start where they are at if that is level 270 or 460. Problem fixed.

While I’m not sure what their reasoning is, it’s possible they are concerned with the leaderboards (as that seems the only thing that would be a detriment to them). Explanation (an many of these have already been mentioned above):

• People will spend gems anyway to get tiers + potions of power. That’s the whole reason for doing them on a Tuesday/Weekend instead of eventually so if devs/publishers want us to spend gems, we’ll still be spending gems.
  • Reduces burnout. What better way to ensure someone keeps coming back to your game than to prevent them from burning out so that they actually enjoy the time they spend, tell others about it and thus keep the momentum going.
  • There is no drawback/imbalance to allowing players to finish factions. One could argue that there are bonus stats, ingots and gold from higher renown. And there is. But seeing as you can gain at most 2500 renown (starting faction on that day) or 200-500 (from being at 500 with pure faction at 0-300), you will gain at most 1 bonus stat, 1-2 daily ingots and maybe 100 extra gold a day. There is basically no benefit to intermediate-to-endgamers who have more gold and ingots than they know what to do with and beginners would likely never stat a faction from 0 on a Tuesday).

So the only “issue” are the leaderboards, since higher levels yield higher base points. That means someone doing 10 full runs at 500 might generate more points than someone doing 20-220 (haven’t done the math because I don’t actually remember how many base points you get at each level). Yet, the leaderboard is usually populated by people that spend a ton of gems, so the leaders now would likely be the leaders then.

Closing point: people who have maxed a faction will be unlikely to play anyway. So from a business standpoint, allowing people to spend 2000-3000-4000 gems for a single fight on Tuesday seems like the best strategy since so many people would be willing to do so because they would not have to slog through the 50 runs to get to where they already go through normal play.

Yes, Tuesday factions are always a player’s choice. But with at least 10 players on this thread alone mentioning they would gladly spend 2000+ gems for a chance at a single pure faction run every week, seems like devs/publishers are missing out on a goldmine that’s hidden in plain sight.

2 Likes

This has an easy fix to it and that is to only allow the ones starting from scratch in a Tuesday event to be a part of the Leaderboard. Those who want to start where they are at, lets say at level 470, dont get that chance. I doubt anyone will cry - as they just want to complete their factions with potions. Spending gems on tiers is ofc the penalty, and the minor penalty will be to not be able to make it to the leaderboard.

So at the beginning when someone is entering the Tuesdays Event for the first time if they have done stages in the faction this window comes up:

Do you wanna start on scratch for this event only?

YES or NO
(Players have to start at scratch to be counted in the Leaderboards)

(I am fully aware that on paper it looks so easy, like a 30 minutes fix in the code base. But I am fully aware that that is not the case. In worst case scenario something like this wont be possible at all.)

2 Likes

Future kingdom power levels will require renown according to available data. Not to mention that some kingdoms require the faction pet to advance their power levels now. It isn’t just about the here-and-now of ingots and stats.

1 Like

Also one could say any changes there would be unfair to those completionists that fought their ass off complete all at 2500. But they are in the very minority.

Yeah, to reach PL29 the kingdoms faction needs to be maxed.

1 Like

Yes, it is an oversimplification of rewards but let’s take a step back. Full bonus for completing a faction is (again simplifying):

• 4 new kingdom troops (useful for power levels)
  • 1 new pet (which can be pushed to 20 if you have enough pet food)
  • Assorted ingots and gold, and maybe a bonus stat.

All in all, no one is reaching PL29 anytime soon, simply because there’s no current way to do so. The only other PL requirements are at PL23 and PL26, which require 500 and 1500 renown each, both which would be accomplished by the time it’s possible.

In other words, renown is not the issue, but rather pets. The high pet requirements are at PL23 (Upgrade 3 kingdom pets to 20), PL25 (Collect 4 kingdom pets) and PL27 (Upgrade 4 kingdom pets to 20) and PL29 (Collect 5 kingdom pets).

But going even further back: what does PL give someone? Other than the stat boost at levels 5, 10, 20 and 30, it’ll just give you more chance at tribute, which translates to more gold, souls, glory and gems. Sure, more gold could translate to more tasks and thus more writs/deeds/diamonds/legendary tasks which then translate to higher kingdom levels/more mythics. Glory might mean more troops/mythics. Gems are the only thing that would potentially be a game changer since they are versatile and can be used for pretty much anything. But other than buying deeds for higher kingdom levels, pets for higher power levels, or chests, these don’t actually give someone a clear edge over anyone else.

TLDR: Even if finishing factions helps get a higher PL (through pets or renown), the higher PL it gives does not give any advantage or imbalance over another player other than getting more resources faster, which is essentially the f2p “pay to accelerate” mentality.

As I mentioned, they would still have bragging rights. After all, they did succeed at something much more difficult which could only be replicated if someone else restarted their account or happened to still have their hoard at 100. There are numerous posts about the current WR for specific delves which anyone could try to beat without potions with daily sigils. Until they do, the WRs stand, etched forever (could be fun to have this in game so you know what to beat if that motivates you, but that’s another story).

Besides, people who played before a specific nerf, buff or change benefited/suffered and now things are different. It’s not like it’ll be free. Before, players spent hours farming for resources or money to facilitate. Now, they would still need to use a ton of gems to get enough boosts to win.

1 Like

On my mind, I hope nothing will change.

Doing Tuesday events easier (or should I say quicker or cheaper) will definitely destroy the challenge to push all factions to 2500. Now I have all of them to at least 2000, my 2021 goal is to do all pure factions without any potion, as I don’t have the time to do them on Tuesday, or event the week-end for latest factions.

I consider there is no challenge at all to do them with potions, so at least, if people want to do this way, it HAS to be a little boring (by spending a lot of gems, or doing this in a single day) to have another challenge than just doing them without potion.

Pure factions are already less and less harder through the months (with stats always increasing thanks to kingdoms’ level and power, artifact, …), so I consider it needs to still be a challenge.

In this way, I don’t want to see any change for factions, at least to make them less boring. I think it must stay as a real challenge to achieve. So, if I have to suggest something, it’ll be to give more sigils for daily attempts without potion (5, or even unlimited sigils), or - why not - add a Steam or Android achievement/trophy : “clear all pure factions level 500 without potion”.

Can definitely get behind this. This is a real fun endgame achievement.

Now, to your point about:

There is nothing preventing you from doing that. And I agree that increasing/removing the number of daily sigils for delves or allowing unlimited pure faction runs (suggested in another thread) would be an awesome QoL improvement.

However, if players want to spend gems to make events trivial, well… they are already able to do that. Currently, a player can spend infinite gems on an event (i.e. however much they have saved plus however much $$ the choose to spend) and use as many sigils from their new hoard as they want (or time permits). This is exactly the F2P standard where you can accelerate progress or bypass obstacles with $$ or premium currency. If you take a look at event leaderboards, they frequently buy 20+ tier 7s and complete hundreds of sigils.

In shory, the mechanism is already there for tuesday factions. You can buy 20+ tier 7s and end up with 70+ sigils. But currently you’ll have to work your way up to 500 from the beginning.

What is being requested is to allow a player to start from where they currently are. In other words, they have already completed X levels (either in another faction event or through daily sigils) and just want the boost offered by potions to finish that faction.

Gems/$$ purchases exist for the sole purpose of speeding things along or giving you extra chances. Want a mythic? You can buy it with money. Want to finish all campaign tasks in 1 minute? Spend gems to skip them. Need extra sigils to finish the event? Spend gems to buy tiers.

Just because there is no benefit for you, or because you feel an optional feature would make it less fun for you, doesn’t mean it wouldn’t make it that much more enjoyable for another person. In this case, I would be very happy, as mentioned before, to pay the 2000+ gems to try Lyra 500 pure faction as many times as I needed to finish it and never look at it again. I have completed 13 factions without potions and another 5 with during weekends. I enjoyed both experiences just as much.

2 Likes

There is no challenge to get to Level 500 - it costs a lot of time on one day most working /family people dont have, that is the topic here. It has nothing to do with pure 500. And also those people shoud have a chance to get 2500.

OT: If you dont use potions, u need gold - in many factions a looooooooot of gold (because of bad troop design / to many rooms), gold your guild wont become, so its another lose scenrio for all.

5 Likes

Pardon. A change would be a win for everyone, include yourself.

2 Likes

I still consider some challenges ingame HAVE to be difficult and frustrating.

Tonight, I completed Lyrasza’s Lair pure faction level 500, with a hoard at level 251. It was hard, it cost money and a lot of time (I tried for a few weeks with a hoard level 199 where I was pretty close to success, then decided to up to 251), but at least I was happy to get it.

I agree some challenges need to be reachable for a large amount of people, especially for those who don’t have a lot of time to play, but some of them have to stay hard.

Personally, I don’t have time to reach level 2500 on Tuesday event. So I deal with it and I use my daily attempts to do them without potion. IN ANY CASE, I want to see something done on Tuesday events to make them easier or quicker. I don’t care if some people complain it’s too hard or too long, it’s part of the game. It HAS to be part of the game.

So, I still hope nothing will change.

You are still talking about pure faction at 500. People generally don’t do 20-490 with a pure faction team. Having the 20-490 push be faster won’t take away the challenge of pure faction at 500.

4 Likes

English isn’t my native language, so maybe I missunderstand something. But reading the first post, it says that they won’t repeat this goal if we still start Tuesday event at level 20.

I didn’t read all messages after, but I think some of you want to see a possibility to start Tuesday event at the level you want. And I personally don’t want to see that.

It’s extremely easy to up until level 500 with a standard team. With 3 daily sigils, you need 15-20 minutes to do them and 2-3 weeks to reach level 500, depending how far you went during the week-end the new faction was launched.

So, if you can start a Tuesday event already level 500, it’s pretty obvious you’ll go for it only for the pure faction to get 2500 points. And it’ll ruin the challenge if you can save tons of Sigils in addition to Potions. If it happens, I’d ask to remove Potions from the shop to still keep a challenge.

Easy but time consuming, especially since you already spent 2-3 weeks without potions to get there and now have to do it again in 24 hours during a weekday.

Here’s what I don’t understand: You don’t want Tuesday events to start at level 500 because it would ruin the challenge for you. There is nothing forcing you to participate in Tuesday events and nothing forcing you to buy potions on Tuesday if you do participate. If you were able to start at 500, like the case with Lyra, and decided not to buy any potions, you would get 3 sigils to do it without potions, which is exactly the same situation that you get outside of the event.

So, it wouldn’t affect you in any way, unless you bought those potions yourself. What is enjoyable to you (beating factions without potions) might not be enjoyable to someone else, but this change (allowing someone to start from the level they have already reached), would not affect you in any way. In fact, it would simply give you 3 extra tries for a specific faction if it happened to be one that was at 500 and that you hadn’t completed.

Also, I never said cheaper or easier. I said quicker. There’s a difference. You could argue that the more potions I buy, the easier it gets, and that is true. But what I really want is faster, i.e. not having to grind back up to 500 for something that I have already reached.

7 Likes

This. A thousand times this. Like I said in the OP, I am more than happy to spend gems on potions. I simply don’t have the time to spend doing 48 runs within 24 hours to reach level 500.

4 Likes

And, as I said before, that’s the whole point of gems/money in F2P games. It should speed up your progress because you can’t/don’t want to wait. That’s the choice a player can make. Just like some choose to make the game more challenging for themselves (there’s one player who only plays treasure maps and has around 20 unique mythics at level 37), there are others who just want to be able to pay to progress. I mean, that’s the whole point of shrines. You pay to so you don’t have to grind for gold, souls, traitstones or power orbs (assuming you’re lucky).

3 Likes

How are you able to write so well if you are bad in english? Rather man/woman up and blame it on that you did misunderstand something rather than dancing around the bloody cake. The world won’t go under by admitting something.