Troop sorting doesn't always work

Platform, device version and operating system
iOS

Screenshot or image

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
I expected troops to be sorted by the amount of the troop I own.

Instead they’re only sort-of-sorted. Who knows what other troops are scattered about?

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Practically every time I use the Troops screen this happens. It seems exacerbated if you do things like ascending troops. However, the pictured example is the strangest behavior I’ve seen so far.

Steps to make it happen again

1. Open the troops menu.
  2. Choose a sort criteria.
  3. Frown.

It’s a feature disguised as a bug, and was originally done on purpose by @Nimhain after complaints of resorting after every troop upgrade.

Search criteria is evaluated once, when you first use the troop menu. It does not update again until you restart game. It should update each time you open troop menu.

Example because I know it sounds confusing.
Sort by rarity, and ascend a troop from legendary to mythic. Close and reopen troop menu and sort again, the troop shows up in the legendary group.

2 Likes

@UKresistance is it supposed to work like that after leveling troops too? When you sort by level? Edit: Either I am doing something wrong or the feature doesn’t work like you described, at least not for me ( I’m on PC/Mobile). After ascending a troop the game re-sorted said troop to a different place.

I’m on xbox, so for me it might be different then other platforms. But the sort features could use a look over.

2 Likes

Sort behavior after ascending seems random. SOMETIMES it leaves me in the same place, which is actually convenient and it sounds like from @UKresistance’s post that’s the intended behavior. But other times it re-sorts anyway. I’m not sure what triggers it to do one or the other.

It’s likely what I’m seeing, based on what is explained, is:

1. I start the game and open the Troops menu.
  2. I sort by amount. This “fixes” the sort order.
  3. I open some chests. Now the amount changes for several troops.
  4. But the sort order is already set, and won’t be reset unless the game is restarted.

I think (4) is dubious, there seem to be some circumstances where it resorts? I don’t know.

1 Like

If you want to sort your troops for ascending, it’s better to use “Upgradable” sorting…
But yes, I do remember having the same problem…

I just got 300 gold keys from my guild, and after opening all of them I thought to see who I could ascend. I had NOT sorted my troops by Amount yet in this session. And here are my first three screens of the results: