Tower of Doom every 11 weeks

And what about the new players that weren’t playing back then?

The concern presented by this thread is not about devaluing the use of gems from past players. And on that note, you and others already had all the inherent benefits of spending said gems from the moment they were used and up to today. Your weapons are upgraded, you got the sigils, keys, souls and whatever was included on each pack.

I’m personally not worried about the scrolls, I think I’ve never upgraded any of those weapons despite buying enough of them (55) to fully upgrade the first and second sets of each color, and then proceeded to just buy different tiers every week depending of my free time to help my guild. But this doesn’t mean I feel entitled to advocate to put MORE barriers to new player’s progression and fun…

@Razzagor I think upgrade the tod’s weapon it is the last problem for a new player. There are big problems for a new player and upgrade all weapons it isnt a priority. Try the create a new account and tell me in how much time you take every single troop in the game, if you start in a top guild (impossible for a level 1 player), for me you finish the collection in 4 years. This is the really problem for a new player and i dont think a new player can forge scroll because he needs all resource in the game. He needs diamonds for craft mithycs troops and weapons and he needs souls for upgrade every single troops. He cant spend so much in Tow (better for a new player if this event it is only 1 time in 11 week) because he needs to spend gems for dungeon and in delve faction for take the weapons (im not consider now delve to 2500 because it is better have a delve to 2500 than an full upgrade weapon), he needs take lot of packs in the event for dont spend ascension orb. And he needs to do all with poor tributes so less gems because he havent max start in the kingdoms. If you talk about this problem, i complety agree to help the new player for have mithycs in a more fast way and have more gems, but you can talk with every single new player, he doesnt interest to have full upgrade tod weapons and lose gems or some other resource for craft them. I think who want all tod’s are the old player, if this player (probably with tons of gems or maybe he doesnt good manage the gems) want now this weapon because in the past was sleeping it isnt a game design mistake. This is my opinion.

Fully upgraded Doomskull weapons are way more valuable to any new player than a complete collection, or even most mythics.

5 Likes

And I think your opinion is wrong. If the devs decide to add Forge Scrolls as rewards for some events, shop tiers or not, outside of ToD this wouldn’t have ANY negative impact on the player’s experience.

“But I’ve spent gems in the past to get those weapons and forge scrolls!”

There is nothing else for you, me and others to be gained from those past purchases. The issue is how gating those resources even more CAN have a negative impact on the new players and the ones still caught in the middle of this transition! When the devs designed ToD they did a good job with the shop tiers IN THE SENSE of creating a gem sink for players. And after a whole rotation of six ToD events a player could try to catch up a few scrolls by spending more gems than the average player aiming at a fully upgrade collection of weapons.

But with ToD being once each 11 weeks it means that to catch a certain type of scrolls a player needs to wait between 11 and 77 weeks. How is this reasonable, fair or viable???

1 Like

@Razzagor Mm who spent gems for full upgrade all TOD weapon did some renuncation or he spent a lot of money in the game (thank’s for all this player because if they dont exist the game fall down). For example with my gems if I want all tod’s weapon upgraded i must give up to mythic every new pets the day when it is released. I’m not the only in this situation, i miss 6 pet to mythic rank (im not consider cosmetic pet). If they give free the scrolls, i lost like 2000 gems for every Tod because i could have this resource free in the fucture. If the delve said me “in the fucture we wiil give free scroll” that is fine and it is my problem. But for me, the people always ask all free resource and without play in a farming game. Guys you talk about new player, i havent read a single new player in this post, i red only old players, player could take all scroll in the past. Talk about new player it is just an excuse for take free resource. But i repeat that is my opinion, if they will give free scrolls for you, i will happy for you :wink:

Mm you arent talk about new player now, a new player have other problems like farm gold and souls. I dont think the really need doom weapon but he needs fast team in explore for take traitstone, souls and gold. For a new player it is always better a skelen key than a doomed weapon. Doomskull weapons are important only for the war in high level (how much people are in high bracket? 0,05% of the community probably), but i hadnt seen new players in bracket 1. But i have seen 57k in br 1 war without use doomskull weapon. Maybe you can use in pvp too, but in pvp you need just one weapon not all collection and there are other teams without doomskull weapon.

No one here asks for free scrolls. Just want to see Devs add new ways to let players to get scrolls instead of waiting 55 weeks. They could be available in soulforge, in daily offers, etc.
And the first 6 Doomed weapons are more important/ popular than you think for new players. Peeps even put certain color ones ahead of mythic troops in term of which they should spend diamond on.

3 Likes

@orangeink ok who can forge the scroll or take in daily offers? only who have all or most of troops. I dont think a new player spent, for example, 500 gems for 3 scroll in daily offert because he havent big tributes and he need other too, only the old players can easy forge this scrolls, idem if they put the scroll in soul forge: for example 1 scroll for 100 diamond and 5000 souls, who can craft this? Only old players. Guys you forget the troops mythics you need for have more stats (lvl 10 in the kingdom) and have better tribute, so more gems, gold and glory. The most important resource in this game are the gems not the scrolls. So for example if you start now a nex account, probably you start to think to forge the scroll after 2 years. Im not an old player like other player here, i started to play 2 years ago, i have all doomskull, books and hammer full upgrade and I miss like 30 scrolls for color to upgrade lifeweapon, I can wait 88 months without problems. If in the fucture they will put the scrolls in soulforge for me it is fine and they will do a good choice, but if they put now it is onlly for the old players, so guys dont talk about new players, i repeat i red only old player in this post. If you will create a post to help the new player for have more resource in the game and an easy way for the take mithycs troops, im complety agree to help the new player, but i havent read a single post from an old player with all in the game for ask this. All people look only personal interest

Wrong. The create a gem on weapons like doomed blade is potential suicide. Some “upgrades” compromise the weapon, not enhance it

1 Like

So you’re going to disregard the entire category of weapons because two affixes have potential downsides?

That’s cute :kissing_heart:

1 Like

They are actually quite okay, the main issue is that whoever configures these events is repeatedly botching up numbers. It’s kind of difficult to get excited about something that requires multiple tier 7 purchases from the whole guild to unlock all rewards. And it doesn’t help much if the bar gets lowered to a more reasonable level a day later when half of the guild has already purchased tier 7 multiple times they wouldn’t have bought otherwise.

2 Likes

I don’t mind world events. They are what they are and when you ascertain that there is no bespoke scoring strategy you will care less. I reckon it’s a means of wiping the LB being swamped by multiple P1s attaining a power orb. For me there should only ever be one P1 power orb winner in any event but this is the 1st time it has been addressed. It would be remarkably easy to address in raid and invasion too if they could be bothered to make the effort

World events are very fast class xp, and are generally faster to play sigils in than other weekly modes. I don’t mind them, except for the usual scoring shenanigans.

They’re not interesting content, though. Tower of Doom is much better in that regard.

1 Like

I think what what I will miss the most about not having ToD, if they really do it only every 11 weeks is the collective contribution of the guild to get on the leaderboard. Guess they are making more money with the single player leaderboards but guild events should all have a Guild leaderboard imo.

If they would give another event with a guild leaderboard (and more often than every 11 damn (sorry just really dislike it ^^) weeks I would be ok with it.

1 Like

Tower of Tedium will not be missed.

World Events are “supposed to” sometimes be guild event Leaderboards. In fact I think every world event thus far has started as one for the first few hours.

2 Likes

From the patch notes:

• Tower of Doom will be run in between Campaigns (every 10 weeks), and may also make an appearance as a weekend event. We are also planning changes so you can still earn the Forge Scrolls that you need.

There’s hope at least.

I just wonder what this will look like.

Putting them in the soulforge for ridiculous recipe costs wouldn’t be a “fix” in the minds of players, for instance, but in the minds of devs…?

1 Like

I’d rather be afraid that in the minds of the sales department the Elite+ Pass might need additional buyer incentive, like putting Forge Scrolls into the 20 extra rewards as only other means to obtain them.

I will miss doom. It’s one of the very few events that promotes guild interaction and communication

2 Likes