Token of Cedric, drop rate awry?

Wanted to take the temp of the general feeling about drop rates for Token of Cedric. I have gotten at least double the amount of these tokens then any other token.

1 Medal of Cedric (9 tokens)
2 Badges of Cedric (6 tokens)
1 Badge of Gaard (3 tokens)
1 Token of Gaard
2 Tokens of Anu
1 Token of Aranaea
1 Token of Yasmine
0 Tokens of Nysha

Totals:
15 Tokens of Cedric
4 Tokens of Gaard
2 Tokens of Anu
1 Token of Aranaea
1 Token of Yasmine

So almost double the number of Cedric of all the others combined.

1 Like

Did you take equipped badges/medals into account? They don’t show up in the list of tokens/badges/medals owned. Just one token of Yasmine feels unusually low, I got roughly the same amount of Cedric/Yasmine/Gaard.

Yes, that is the complete count of them (see I show the medals and badges in top list).

What difficulty are you playing on? The current theory is that the difficulties also have different drop rates of each medal, so if you’re on D12, you’re getting more higher rarity medals.

I’ve played all but 2 Mythic battles on D12 and here’s my count so far:

• Gaard: 15 Tokens (Common)
  • Yasmine: 13 Tokens (Rare)
  • Cedric: 39 Tokens (Ultra-Rare)
  • Aranaea: 15 Tokens (Epic)
  • Anu: 3 Tokens (Legendary)
  • Nysha: 2 Tokens (Mythic)
1 Like

I’ve noticed the same, a lot of Cedric tokens. I’m assuming it’s because I’ve been playing explore on highest difficulty and the boss chests there give better token rewards. Kind of like gem chests give higher rarity troops.

Here’s my token haul:

0 Nysha
5 Anu
4 Aranaea
30 Cedric
13 Yasmine
6 Gaard

As soon as I cleared D12 I have only played on D12.
Just finished Whitehelm Mythic.

It shows New because I have 1 medal and 2 badges with no left over tokens.

So now total is:
17 Cedric
8 everything else

My counts, almost entirely at Explore 12

16 Tokens of Gaard
14 Tokens of Yasmine
16 Tokens of Cedric
5 Tokens of Aranaea
6 Tokens of Anu
1 Token of Nysha

That sort of matches what I got so far at Explore 12, except that I only received 2 Aranaea and 1 Anu. Which is kind of weird, there seems to be an extremely high variance in play here. Needs more data, something feels off though, as if the result gets skewed by some unknown factor.

1 Like

and another two Cedrics…

Now totals:
19 Cedric
8 everything else

I have 3 medals of Cedric and nothing else even close to a medal yet. Playing on 11.

This actually might be intended and ideal, based on how upgrades work. In the long run, you can use Cedrics to upgrade lower rarity troops. This seems MUCH better than having a huge stack of useless common medals.

1 Like

Just to make sure, you don’t have any Gaard or Yasmine badge/medal equipped in your three global slots? They are all empty, or at most contain one Cedric medal?

I’ve noticed a bit too many of these as well, though I don’t have enough of a sample size to really say so.

Nothing has been upgraded using tokens/badges/medals.

1 Like

That’s so extraordinarily unusual, there just has to be something else involved. Prodding the black box:

1.) Do you always explore the same kingdom or move around?
2.) If you move around, do you always pick kingdoms with the +20% mythstone marker?
3.) Do you have several partially completed Explore queues open?
4.) Is your difficulty set to normal or bugged at a higher level?

I don’t have an exact count but yes, I’m getting WAY more Cedric than anything else. Just like when I use vault keys lol.

Q1.) Do you always explore the same kingdom or move around?
A1.) move around to orange token kingdoms only
Q2.) If you move around, do you always pick kingdoms with the +20% mythstone marker?
A2.) yes, always
Q3.) Do you have several partially completed Explore queues open?
A3.) No, I complete them or fail on the mythic fight (3 times thus far I think)
Q4.) Is your difficulty set to normal or bugged at a higher level?
A4.) I don’t know, how would I check that, I thought difficulty was removed from the game?

Since I’m also getting far more Cedric keys, I figure I’ll answer too:

1. Move around.
  2. Yes, only ones with the +20% marker.
  3. No. I complete a full Explore run then move on.
  4. Set to Normal.

First time I did not get at least one Cedric token.

This was from Drifting Sands

Glacial Peaks:

Now Merlantis: