The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread 3 (No further updates)

There’s one scheduled for PC. I didn’t get any response when I asked if we were back to a 3 week or 2 week schedule, so I’m guessing we’ll know in no less than 13 hours.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t see that. So back to 3 weeks presumably?

1 Like

@Stan I’m guessing they were not sure themselves at that point, as the update had not yet been approved. Giving themselves some flexibility in scheduling hence the nebulous response.

@Rickygervais as to your indirect point that you’ve been posting everywhere. That they NERFED the VIP Chest.

• Reducing LT rewards by 16%
  • adding -50 Gems/day sink to crafting
  • and replacing some of the Gems with Keys

Its going to become ever increasingly more difficult to get the Mythic every 3 weeks.

1 Like

Agreed - I wasn’t complaining, just saying I hadn’t heard anything one way or the other. The 2 week intervals were a complete surprise. Nice in one way to get caught up faster, but tough to save up at all in between.

Without a drastic overhaul to crafting, I’m now resigned to never getting caught up on mythics.

1 Like

I agree that suck

2 Likes

Salty said the gap would be bigger than the one between pony and infernus. That was two weeks, maybe it’ll be 3 weeks? Certainly not two according to what she said.

2 Likes

Exactly! It’s going down the £€$ route, and I just don’t have a good vibe about it. I haven’t got the update, but I run a top ps4 guild and read the forums daily and my gut feeling is something isn’t right.
Nerfing LT is a massive kick in the privates. A lot of my guildies are really only here and still playing because of gw, the LT’s and the family feeling we’ve built up, but for many the game has become a chore. There’s just not going to be enough gems to go round for reasons both I and strat have already posted. If treasure maps had been buffed to kick a few gems and diamonds out it maybe wouldn’t have been quite so bad… I know they can only do so much but I’m already looking at playing less, not more. Which is what is needed reading between the lines. We shall see…

1 Like

After seeing the response of 3.1 on pc as much as I hate to say it as I have been advocating for it to come soon I kind of want 3.1 delayed on console.

Especially if they make changes on pc side console could have a considerable amount of time before it is received.

2 Likes

Well with the new file they will be able to fix bug quicker so it might help

How on earth can new players afford 50 gems every day for the dungeon pack? Even if they’re in a decent guild their first 500 will be going towards dragon armour etc.

2 Likes

Next week i will be busy with destiny 2 so i don’t give a s*** how long it will take to collect enough ressources lol

I will do my 3 dungeon fight then 5 gw and do my minimum guild requirement, rest of time is guardian time baby!!!

1 Like

I’m busy playing bioshock and everybody’s golf now anyway.

1 Like

I’m not sure that I can afford that, let alone a new player.

2 Likes

And if tacet was correct in his video, low level task rewards are getting nerfed too! The very tasks that most of the low levels are really only going to be completing! If I understood that right.
Perhaps we’re seeing the byproduct of the team expanding. They need to pay more wages, therefore need more income from the game and this is probably their plan. I’m not sure if I’ll be around to see if it comes to fruition.

1 Like

Plus if you want to max sentinels, that’s 690 gems a week! Wtf??
Seriously guys stop nerfing gem payouts when there’s more stuff to use them on. It’s unfair. I’ve bought my last gem sub, it runs out tomorrow.

1 Like

@Nephilim New player, No #$%& way without sizable amount of real money.

Myself: Yes BUT it might eventually put obtaining the new Mythics is serious jeopardy as my Gem stash will be leaking seriously. I’m still debating the wisdom of burning them, as once your out of Gems you can easily start missing Mythic after Mythic…

1 Like

Funny when they posted sneak peek of dungeon and soulforge i said it will take too long to collect ressources and everyone was telling me i didin’t know what i was talking about and mythic shouldn’t be easy to craft

Now i see people change their mind and say the same thing, i did quick calcul and i should be able to craft xethanos in 7-8 months, i don’t plan to spend any real money on it and not going to buy gem bundle, i prefer keep it for vip chest and get much better chance to see a mythic this year

1 Like

The thing that gets me is, try to imagine explaining this game to a new player. Where do you begin? I don’t even know how to explain this to my wife, and she is level 1000!

At least you can generate some extra gems in GW in Bracket 1. I get, what, 150? 180? and spend 85 to get my magic sentinel maxed out and level 1 on the rest.

I’ve missed the last two while burning every last gem and key I had. My idea of completion has now changed from “obtaining every troop in the game” to “traiting the troops that I have”.

3 Likes

You’d need to finish second though, getting 1000, 500 for third still doesn’t cover the outlay! Who on earth is looking at the figures?

We get +1,000 most weeks. And I never Max those things, ever. Sometimes I’ll do Magic to +5. If your not in Bracket 1 you have no business burning a single Gem. IMO it not worth it.

1 Like