The UI is distracting you from the AI

I don’t mind the troops at all. There are strong ones and some are just useless. Nut what definetily xchanged in 3.2 with removing the sliders is the behaviour. Skullfall happens much more offen almost every turn the AI takes skull because they fall out of nowhere from cascades. Speaking of cascades… Those are crazy again too. How can the AI collect 10x mana in one turn? They simply introduces the AI from before which was extremely faulty in my opinion. The points in GW will be much less I guess—

1 Like

I don’t think the issue is Mab. She was around for a long time and not a problem. The issue is mana generators being too strong and thus her 3rd trait being especially useful (particularly in GW where a single freeze is very effective).

Nerf the OP mana generators and the problem goes away.

3 Likes

Sunday it seemed to be better. Past 3 hours the AI has been unreal. I can’t win more than 2 matches in a row. This is usually my favorite time to play. Yet, I have lost all desire to cause I’m not going to waste time playing PvP when the AI is scaled to a degree that I don’t stand a chance. At this rate the only people on the leader board will all be using trainers. Cheating will be the only way to beat a cheating…drr…I mean…“fair” AI.

1 Like

I win the vast majority of PVP battles I play, and I don’t exactly have the most incredible team in the world, it’s only at approximately 5800 points but I can destroy a lot of teams up to 8000 (even higher depending on the makeup, especially Goblin teams). It does still lose at times, but it’s not an always thing, and even the dreaded Kraken/Troll/Mab combo I have been able to handle when I’ve gotten lucky with matches.

For those wondering:
Gloom Leaf - 3 Trats
Krystenax - 0 Traits
Moloch - 1 Trait
Infernal King - 0 Traits

So yeah, not exactly a phenomenal team, with very little synergy other than IK and GL working well together with Kyrstenax providing extra damage with left over block red. Moloch I use purely as a defensive measure to knock out problematic spells.

Long story short, in my experiences, though there are times where the AI feels like it just gets ridiculous cascades, there have been plenty of times where I’ve had the same.

Queen Mab’s freeze was always a problem in VJM on consoles. She also does way too much for one troop and a lot of team slip Mab in solely for the freeze currently. She was in Wisp, Wisp, Krystenax, Queen Mab, right?

If I compare her to Behemoth

Queen Mab does much more damage
Queen Mab gets an extra turn for some reason
Queen Mab has a much more deadly 3rd trait

Behemoth can’t keep up with its defensive options. My gripe is why does she get an extra turn anyways?

Yeah, the extra turn on Mab is pretty brutal. It’s just insult to injury really.

I’ve also noticed the streakiness, I just had a 45-win streak followed by 4 losses in a row… I had a similar streak of losses a few days ago, it’s like 10 minutes in which absolutely everything is going against you, might be just coincidence but it’s brutal when it happens

1 Like

Or almost always being short 1 mana to do your abiility and having to wait 1 more turn.

9 MONTHS LATER:

“Dear devs I’m still not winning 100%, what is the deal here?”

At least 8 months where the game was more balanced again. The 2 separate threads have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Do me a favor. Just once create a thread of your own where you criticize or praise the game. Instead of just constantly critiquing what other players think or feel. We share our thoughts to hopefully be lucky enough to gain the attention of the devs who might alter the game to the Players benefit. I doubt anyone on the forums creates threads because they want to hear how much you disagree with them… constantly.

TL:DR…Offer something of substance for once. Rather than your chosen role of critic of players that can’t block you on the forums.

1 Like

Do your own homework: Profile - Slypenslyde - Gems of War | Forums

I’ve made at least 7 topics in recent history criticizing parts of the game that have easy, harmless QoL fixes to be made. I’ve accused cheaters of creating that 0 times.

They’ve got a heck of a lot more substance than, “I’m getting an error message when I PvP, it must be because there are too many cheaters.” (“PvP Match Crashed Game”). Or “I can’t win more than 30 matches so the combo breaker is cheating.” (“Combo Breaker = Phone Breaker”). Or “I think some players have coerced the devs into giving them an easy mode because they win more than me.” (“I’ve kidded with the devs about this a few times”).

This is mostly true, i would just change the last bit “Players benefit” for “what we think is necessary, right or fair”.

1 Like