All-too-frequent type of day today.
- I get to sit and watch in battle number 1 while RNG delivers everything Defense needs to repeatedly Famine me into non-action while simultaneously devouring my team, at no time offering me a glimmer of hope.
2, Since I’ve just lost 1 battle, I’m now screwed, so no matter what happens it’s a bitter, joyless experience that I can’t win.
- I proceed to then easily win battles #2-#5, because winning and losing in GW is really just a coin-flip and has almost nothing at all to do with which battle it is, what stats are, or anything beyond RNG whim really. Plus I derive no joy from the four wins, since I know that I’m screwed no matter what, anyway.
- Wind up with less than half points, even after winning 4 “harder” battles after the “easy” one I lost, making the entire exercise a frustrating, annoying experience I’d have rather skipped.
Not the kind of fun experience that GoW used to be, frankly.
How to fix this:
- Make all battles count the same, so that if RNG hands you a loss in battle 1 or 2, the rest of them aren’t a waste of time.
- Rework Devour and Death Mark (and Famine) so that battles aren’t decided by who gets to charge first and wipe out the other team in seconds, making the entire battle a coin-flip instead of anything resembling skill or strategy.
I can’t believe people find this fun…