The Spring Has Sprung Nerf Discussion

This is only in late game though so it holds no water against monsters early game. It might benefit from being purple but in the early game it is actually quite weak to early game stuff. even with traits being added it is not very strong because its stats do not stack-up. Unless you get a mana changer that feeds it, it just has too high a cost for its mana production. It is actually out sped by skeleton in the same spot after skeletons nerf and that is saying something. Bone dragon gains armour equal to his magic sure. His frozen trait is great ok then. Now what about skeleton? He gains more armour and guarantees 7 skulls even if the enemy has no armour making him easier to cast as well as guarantees an extra turn. Skeleton is better early and possible mid-game. If the opponent has barrier what happens? Skeleton cost less and guarantees more. Also skeleton can regen his armour with his third trait.

Without getting into the point of whether Bone Dragon is overpowered or not, but Skeleton is not even in the same league as Bone Dragon offense-wise, and i have no idea why anyone would even compare the two directly ever since the changes to Skeletons spell.
It doesnā€™t matter in what state of the game you are, the high armor amounts in late game make BDs spell ridiculous, but even in ā€œearly or mid gameā€ troops will have significant enough amounts of armor for Bone Dragon to be many times as destructive as Skeletons is.
Yes Skeleton has the built in extra turn and is cheaper and gains a bit more armor, which makes it the steady option and still gives Skeleton relevance which is good, options is what the game should be about.

But the recent nerf to Celestasia should prove what big of a difference it makes to put 10+ gems of one colour on an unprepared board instead of 8 or less, concerning the likelihood of extra turns and significance of the matches created.
So even in early game BD puts enough on the board to have a good chance of connecting. The destructive potential of Bone Dragon many times surpasses that of Skeleton once armor gets higher.

1 Like

It just donā€™t make sense to spend your money on cards anymore. Iā€™ve spent my money on the Buring Scythe and it took a huge hit in damage. It went from 19 damage to all to 10. Money well spent went to money down the drain. THATā€™S NOT RIGHT! GIVE ME WHAT I PAID FOR!

1 Like

Actually I kinda of notice that they sold Burning Scythe when it was all powerful in the arena (it is still powerful but not that powerful) and agreed, itā€™s not ideal to sell something if it is to be corrected afterwards. I actually assumed that they were not going to re-adjust because some people paid good money for it.

Back to BD, my point was that the adjustment to Sheggra was a bit over the top because you could already face the point were there was no match-4 and give a great board to the opponent.

In the past I bought exactly those Troops with high potentialā€¦ From Webspinner to Sheggraā€¦ All these Troops are nerfed nowā€¦ I want not my whole Money backā€¦ But the Money or alternatively Goods in relation to the decreased Mana Power/Damage Output. It would be only fair to do this. If I had known that all these Troops get a clearly Nerf I had never ever bought itā€¦ I think I am not alone with this Problem.

So buying troops and using them to progress in the game while they are overpowered af and then returning them for full refund once they actually get balanced, yeah sounds like a reasonable business modelā€¦

2 Likes

sounds like alot of games business model "release op stuffz bunch of people spend money getting the op stuffz then in month +/- nerf it and release new op stuffz = ā€¦?profit! xD

Yeah no shit, profit is what they have to go for, if not theyā€™d be out of business quickā€¦

I canā€™t see the Logic in this Statement. Not plausible for me. Especially
disrespectful towards other people who bought these Items or Troops. In relation to this insane defence Values (+40 Life/Armor in PvP for example) actually these Troops/Items were a fairly Answer to this Problem. How everā€¦ To say this procedure get them ā€œbalancedā€ its just subjective. The people paid for these so-called ā€œOPā€ Stuff cause they had a little advantage. Just natural. In my Opinion its just a weird Strategyā€¦ To nerf all useful Troops to middle class with the objective to create possible new ā€œOPā€ Troops maybe. The same people will buy this Troops again and one day these ā€œOPā€ Troops get also nerfed. Never-ending circle. But this is only a presumptionā€¦ To make profitable Business is ok. But under fairly Rulesā€¦ In this Senseā€¦

I feel if we spend money on something that mean we thought it was good enough for our money. If you change the item thatā€™s stealing our money because once the item is changed its no longer what we paid for. I can see if the items were inexpensive but they are far from it.

I agree the number one rule of any business model is profit. Why should any of us spend a cent if at any moment they steal what we paid for. Once I trade my currency for something from you it then belongs to me. If you change it without my consent after I paid for it thatā€™s fraud. False advertisement.

No, you bought it with the implied understanding that itā€™s subject to change, as buffs and nerds are part of any live game. That may not have been top of mind for you, but that doesnā€™t make it any less a part of the transaction. You should have no expectation that everything will remain exactly as it was when you bought.

Furthermore, do things sometimes go on sale and then get nerfed? Definitely. However, it is assuredly not a deceptive tactic to dupe you into spending. Thereā€™s no evidence to suggest itā€™s systematic. But please show me a pattern.

Sheggra got nerfed bc she was OP. Deal with it and move on like the rest of us.

2 Likes

I think there are valid arguments on both sidesā€¦

Yes - games like this are subject to change, and yes, I donā€™t feel that the devs introduced an OP character/weapon to generate cash knowing they will likely nerf it at a later point.

but also,

Yes - I can understand that if someone paid cash to get a certain weapon/troop and it is nerfed within a short period afterward, they could feel like they have been duped. Imagine the response if they nerfed the new armour which many people have purchased.

While I donā€™t think the game should refund money, they could do something in terms of goodwill to those people that bought the Burning Scythe package. I would suggest that people in this position send in a support ticket and raise the issue direct - the team have demonstrated that they are more than fair when other things have occurred which seemed to be unfair.

So, just to be clear, we wonā€™t be un-nerfing the items unless we find theyā€™re UNDERpowered, in which case weā€™ll happily buff them back up a bit.

Keeping the game balance healthy is actually the BEST way we can serve our paying customers (AND our non-paying customers too!)ā€¦ please understand if we let overpowered weapons/spells proliferate for too long in a game, many people leave, then eventually a game closes down. Weā€™re not trying to dupe anybody here, we ARE actually trying to provide you with the best value for your money!

Itā€™s a fact that in an evolving game, items which are initially balanced become over/under-powered over time as rules change and new content is released. That was the case here. We never make changes lightly, nor do we make changes because ā€œa few peopleā€ complain. Changes are made because we view the data from over a million battles played every day, and make adjustments when we see unhealthy patterns.

Now, regarding these weapons & the packs, what youā€™re ACTUALLY paying for here is ā€œearly accessā€ to the weapon. You receive these weapons for free during the ordinary course of levelling (and I see from your masteries that youā€™re high enough to get it for free). Most of the value in the packs is tied to the consumables, and the troop/weapon are added as an incentive. Just food for thoughtā€¦ I know some people bought the pack specifically for early access to the weapon, and Iā€™m not trying to brush them off.

10 Likes

Before anyone buys anything they should be warned that all items are subjected to change. This is FRAUD

Fraud: Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain

I think itā€™s pretty clear thatā€™s not what weā€™re doing. As stated above, weā€™re attempting to provide you a fun and balanced experienced that carries forward for many years, and we would certainly encourage anyone to get a refund if they donā€™t feel they have received value for their money.

At any rate, I believe this topic has now run its course. Weā€™ve all stated our points of view, and I donā€™t think thereā€™s much more to be said, so Iā€™ll be closing the thread.

5 Likes