The news update in Mobile/PC goes to 404

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
News update for Mobile/PC tonight is The 4.0 Update. Clicking on Learn More - goes to a page not found BOOM 404

What are the steps to make it happen again?

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

1 Like

This is just a drill to ensure you’re ready when the update really hits, congrats, you passed :smile:

5 Likes

I actually hadn’t been paying much attention so when I saw it tonight I figured oh well there goes the neighborhood might as well find out how bad the damage will be :):rofl:

oh your lack of optimism breaks my heart! :broken_heart:

Obviously they’re testing out a new feature where they shrink down fire bombs and stuff them into the gem grid. But something went horribly wrong and there was a huuuuuuge explosion and they’re scrambling to recover from it.

At least we know now that it was scheduled to come out last night :smiley:
Not much helpful though :smiley:

OH NOOOOOO, we got the month wrong. Sorry everyone!

(I’m kidding! … Or am I?)

4 Likes

Sep 21st Bounty troop of Merlantis (and beyond) don’t have an artwork yet, and that require major update to put it in. So you can’t fool me! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

kiil meh nowz

Work as intended :joy::joy::joy::joy:

I wish we could get a official statement about this topic. Leaving the people behind in confusion seems the worst solution to me.

1 Like

@TheIdleOne, see the patch was supposed to be out on Monday. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you want us to say? It slipped out, it’s not the release. :slight_smile: the release is soon!

2 Likes

Hurry up with the goods @Saltypatra

Guys calm down.

They don’t tell us when the patch comes out because it clearly makes everyone happier than if we had a particular date set in the safe future date the devs know they won’t miss like, say, next Friday. It’s more fun to check every day, find false reports, ask around for rumors, and be disappointed every 6 hours when the rumors aren’t true. Disappointment sells gems.

Actually, you know well why we don’t share release dates. If anything goes wrong or it has to be delayed, we tend to field some pretty serious abuse, and a lot of general disappointment.

There’s also no need to check back every few hours, we announce on our social when everything goes live, and in game. :slight_smile:

The update will release this week, before Friday.

9 Likes

Salty made it very clear in her stream it would be BEFORE Friday! I believe she even said it’s not Tuesday either, after someone insisted it was Monday. Before Friday means mid week, I expect patch tomorrow or Thursday.

It’s funny that some people last week made up their own minds it was dropping during guild wars week, and then complained about their own theory how dare the devs drop a patch during guild wars week

It’s coming, soon, very, very soon. That’s good enough for me!

2 Likes

Yep! I was a lot more forthcoming with this release than I have been in the past.

1 Like

Salty gets visited by three spirits tonight: Gems of the Past, Present, and Yet to Be!

1 Like

Well, nobody would say a word if there was no ingame message this morning where it said the update is comming today.

1 Like