The news update in Mobile/PC goes to 404

About that… That seems to happen even if you don’t release a tentative date.
I’m pretty sure it was supposed to be pushed out yesterday and was delayed. These things happen… We’re all okay… Those who can’t deal with such bad news shouldn’t hinder the majority that can be adults about it.
(I don’t use social media. So I do have to check here every couple of hours. I’d probably check on here anyway every 2 hours so no biggie.)

This is the boat I’m in, too. I advocate for setting firm dates beyond when the devs think the worst-case release will be, and sticking to that date. Ideally, it means the devs always finish early, and get a tiny break for small QA. It would be bad to release early, because then the playerbase would pull out, "But you released early EVERY time so far!’ etc.

“SOON” isn’t exciting. It’s just frustrating. It means I know, every night, when I sit down to relax and play Gems, I might find out the client updated and things are unstable for an hour or two instead. That hour or two is typically the only uninterrupted GoW time I get in a day. I like to know which day I can’t play.

I’m also worried it looks like we’re gearing up for a Thursday/Friday release immediately following a game bug that had to wait for Monday to be fixed.

Sadly, that’s exactly what happens if you give ANY information to players that ends up changing. Players consider every word from any employee to be a binding contract.

I think gaming is the only hobby/genre/sport whose participants don’t consider the professionals ‘one of their own.’ Normal hobbies/genres/sports find camaraderie and acceptance to be par for the course. Gamers tend to not even like each other. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

This is the worst part, so far people have been quite patient when this happens, but goodwill does runs out despite any compensation sent later.

Everyone picks and shovels are ready? :slight_smile:

I got a feeling the magic number is 8pm EST tonight

Yeah, if the past couple of years of gaming social media has taught me anything, it’s that I never will describe myself as “a gamer” again. The word’s tarnished in a way that can’t be reclaimed.

1 Like

I bid 7 PM EST tonight. :yum:

Watch out i am 2/2 in my predictions :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope Wednesday, but it could even be Thursday, as the Labor Day holiday pushed all dates forward by one day… I know, not a holiday in Australia… But Steam, Amazon, Sony, Microsoft, Google, and Apple are in America, and most corporations in the USA had off yesterday.

i’d love to be wrong, but I’m a realist. :sunglasses:

I blame Pax West. The client most likely approved or recommended changes already last week. Based on “nonanswers by the devs”… We’re just waiting on Nimrian (Nimhaim and Sirrian) to get back to the office. That will be tonight or tomorrow.

They don’t want to miss out their daily Delve Scrolls, that’s why the update wasn’t pushed yet. :wink:

1 Like

the beds are already burning :gem_doomskull::hot_face::gem_doomskull:

Summary

The time has come
To say fair’s fair
To pay the rent
To pay our share
The time has come
A fact’s a fact
It belongs to them
Let’s give it back
How can we dance when our earth is turning
How do we sleep while our beds are burning

2 Likes

Actually nobody insisted - the Gems of War News Update that you get when you log in - had it. And some of us when we clicked on it got a BOOM 404 which doesn’t bode well with this QA Manager from another world about the release.

You read that was in Salty’s stream, right? Not sure you read that part!

“Salty made it very clear in her stream it would be BEFORE Friday! I believe she even said it’s not Tuesday either , after someone insisted it was Monday .”