The new Arena is very bad

Always has been.

The new arena is one of the best parts of gems of war. It’s gems at it’s purest. Great showcase for underused troops and for teambuilding. 3 possibly interesting offers a day (cheapest pets). Play smart and you very rarely lose. 50 trophies and other stuff in 10 minutes (or more) is quite good in my opinion.

2 Likes

See, for me the old arena was just about filling up runic blade and getting it off before the AI got theirs off. I didn’t really enjoy the old arena whereas I quite like the new mode.
If they updated it to have better rewards and had the option to choose all the troops at the same time so you could actually team build properly it would probably be my favourite mode.

1 Like

This is very true. The arena is accessible to players of all levels. I suspect the rewards are scaled to the early game, but obviously late-game players will find them wanting. The offers, on the other hand, are useful for late-game players—the gem cost is a bit high for beginning players who don’t/can’t open their wallets.

I wonder if the rewards could be scaled by player level. Maybe +0.2% per player level, from level 501 to level 1000. That would double the rewards at late game without affecting the early game.

4 Likes

The new Arena is mostly for beginners, the old one was great. I loved it and l am sorry every time when l start a game in the new Arena. I don’t understand why, maybe my mazochist side pushes me there. With more rewards would be not good, but bearable.

Good idea.

To each their own, you hate the new and enjoy the old. I hated the old and enjoy the new. Makes the world go round :grin:

I can not share your happiness.

the new arena is better in my opinion, i concider myself a veterant and the new arena is nice since there is no cinergy with all the cards so its a huge challenge to lern how to win with really shitty cards, i like it a lot even if its frustrating (i hope its easy to understand ma native language is french)

You are better in English than me in French :blush:

I don’t like to be at level 15. It is as if l started the game from the beginning.

I don’t know what was the purpose with this at all.

thanks, yeah i understand but personaly like i said i like the challenge, may i ask you your lvl ?

I just don’t understand why they added the daily offers to arena. Why do they care how many play arena per day? Obviously more play it now than before but that’s only due to the offers not because the mode is more fun now. I really wish they never added the offers because now I play a mode I hate for 30 mins a day for the faint hope of an imperial deed. Why not add the offers to lv12 explore runs or 60+ turns treasure hunts? Give players alternate ways of unlocking the 3 extra offers or is it really just about getting more activity in arena for some reason?

3 Likes

Because they look like idiots if they spend money and time revamping an area of the game and then have no one play it. It’s all about statistics.

They don’t care why people play the arena as long as people play the arena.

When they make changes to the game it’s always because of the numbers. “Not enough people were doing daily tasks”…“Guilds were doing too many legendary tasks”…“Gold was being farmed too easily in Casual PvP” ect.

I agree the new arena is very bad but I avoided it before. Some like it I guess so good for them. Some play to get a chance at a certain reward but I can wait. I would rather watch paint dry then to put myself through Arena. I will stick with the modes I like and avoid the ones I do not. Please don’t change anything for me. There is plenty of other things to do in game. :grinning:

I wonder if you would had still played the Arena if it was not for the 3 possibly interesting offers?

2 Likes

Why is rarely losing and the ability to buy something the bar? Ugh. I lose as often under the new arena as the old arena. Basically almost never. Yay? I can get 50 trophies doing almost anything else a lot faster so bleh. The “and other stuff” was significantly nerfed going from the old arena to the new one.

Please line up how new Arena is better in any respect to old arena. As a long time fan of the old arena (with actual team building in the old way since no one builds teams today without heroes) I really want to see a plus side other than “look you can buy something you do not want or need!”

3 Likes

I am above level 400. So l don’t want to play with cards, those are at level 13-15. This is senseless and not fun. Sorry.

1 Like

Of course I play arena also for the offers (and the writs in the event), they are a part of it, just like the rewards in any other mode or event. That does not mean I don’t enjoy it, even though it can be time-consuming. The remark about losing was because I know players who find it too hard compared to the rest of the game.
Regarding team building, it’s a different kind of teams, it’s like having 2 games in 1. The battles are more exciting than the regular game too, if you don’t have one of the overpowered troops.

Other game modes don’t “reward” us by putting a random item for sale on otherwise empty shop shelves. I’d be very careful praising this approach, otherwise the next update might change the Adventure Board to only hand out Flash Offers.

3 Likes

I actually enjoy arena, but the offer part is not a reward. If it didn’t cost gems then it’d be a reward. But since it does, it’s a shop selling 3 items. I legit have never played any other game with a “play this daily mode to open a temporary shop!” system.

Daily offers for gems? No problem there. It’s a daily shop. Cool. Having to win a game mode to activate a shop? Nah.

2 Likes