The 1.0.7 speed change complaint dogpile thread

Don’t treat me like i am sort of an idiot who can’t notice the difference between the slow and fast speed. I am telling you that all of a sudden the speed was back to slow mode. Please fix this.

Do you need a hug? You look like you could use one.

2 Likes

Hi Royalty,

We never treat any of our players like idiots - that’s not ever our intent.
We’ve actually spent 4-5 man hours looking into this issue for you and a few other folks who have reported the issue in this thread. We take all reported problems seriously.

When you say “Please fix this”, we do want you to know that:

1. We only received a very small handful of anecdotal complaints about the game speed being reverted in this thread, but no reliable video evidence yet. Nevertheless we have acted upon this in good faith as we do with all bug reports.
  2. We’ve tested on over 20 different device/platform combos, across 3 countries, without being able to reproduce the problem
  3. We have had 2 engineers double & triple check the server to make sure game speed is turned up
  4. We’ve ensured that nothing in the steam client got changed in Monday’s update (iOS & Android clients can’t be touched, due to the nature of the platforms)

So if we can’t reproduce the problem, we can’t fix it. And with many other folks reporting that it runs at the correct speed, we HAVE to explore all possibilities including:
a) That you are somehow running the 1.0.6 Client
b) You may have become accustomed to the new speed

At this stage, if you would like to follow your issue up by providing some video evidence of the problem to our support team, we’d be happy to continue to help you.

1 Like

a) i am not running the 1.6.0 client
b) i am not accustomed to the new speed

I’m not the only one experiencing this.

Really wish I could offer some sort of video evidence, but I’ve never managed to get a video recorder to work on my computer and it’s always been rather time consuming to the point of upset even attempting it.

sigh

Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it with no effect. I’ll live with it for now and hope it fixes itself in the future, even if it take until 1.0.8.

It’s not like it’s a huge issue, I just wish those who actually preferred the previous speed were the ones who ended up with it. :sweat_smile:

I know players that play on iOS and players that play on Steam, and they all noticed the speed getting reverted to pre 1.0.7 slow settings. And it all happened at the same time → weekly update (last monday).

That is what happened, and nothing else. Video evidence won’t help you, as you just said you can’t fix the problem anyway.
The End.

Hi Doghouse,

I never said we can’t fix the problem… what I said was that we can’t fix it if we can’t reproduce it.

Observing it happening on a video would go part way to helping us notice any patterns. If somebody on Steam with this problem can send us a video of the gameplay, we can try and figure out what’s up. But if nobody can send us anything, then we don’t have anything to evaluate.

Ok folks, I recorded a video on Steam, and compared it with the iPad afterwards. I can only say we must be suffering from some mass hysteria/hypnosis, since the speed is definitely the same on both and I think it’s the new speed. I have no idea how it’s possible that we are all used to the new speed so fast.
But see for yourself. And sorry @Sirrian for causing you so much trouble, we were obviously wrong.

Thanks for getting that video, MarvelKit. And no apology necessary; we’re happy to check stuff out for you guys any time - it’s our mission to make sure our players are happy!

Now, that said, if anyone DOES have video of it running slower, and if you can get it to us, we’ll certainly investigate further for you!

I don’t have any video, but from what I can tell the speed is the new (post 1.0.7) speed, both on my laptop through Steam and on my android phone…

The game was running faster than your video is showing.

Dunno, maybe the devs can say something about that?

Well… as it turns out, I have a video capture taken on 1.0.7 release day right before PAX (we needed some extra video footage for a video on the large screen). I’ve just been comparing this video with MarvelKit’s video, and they seem to be running at identical speed.

So… just to clarify… IF it was running faster than this video for some players (I have no idea HOW that happened - it certainly didn’t happen here), that was unintended. This speed in MarvelKit’s video is 40% faster than 1.0.6, and is the speed we were intending it to run at, and have CONSISTENTLY observed it to run at here in the office since 1.0.7

I will think it’s funny if the speed was just mentally adjusted so easily by us all. There has to be a term for that…

Obviously we (or some of us at any rate) want it to be faster regardless of how fast it actually is.

I maintain my previous statement that the speed increase is only being applied to a small portion of the things that seem to take ages, here meaning the gems shifting around and nothing else.

+1 for more speed :smiley:

I wondered if it was that sort of issue.

When 1.0.7 initially updated, the speed was at least twice as fast as the video MarvelKit provided, gems would descend immediately on top of matches without pause, matches being formed left and right for gem spammers. This is why a fair few players were complaining at the beginning of 1.0.7, because the speed went from casual to ludicrously fast.

I’m personally more preferential to the ludicrously fast speed, though I am happy to here that it IS faster than 1.0.6 at the moment.

I’ll get used to the new-new speed after some time, but I will miss you, 80% faster match/fall speed. :angel: