The 1.0.7 speed change complaint dogpile thread

To me this new change feels like I’m being rushed to make actions. That’s not the feeling that should be created by a game that one sits to in order to relax. Faster gems require more focus on what’s happening and I feel pressure to act instantly. I totally agree with the request of making it configurable so that anyone can choose the pace they are comfortable with.

4 Likes

Game is now running with the slower speed setting again :frowning:

Thanks for removing the only good change the last patch brought us! /s

can anyone confirm this? I’m parenting and can’t play.

It is true… I can only think that this is some sort of bug coming with the daily update.

Seriously? Amongst all of the changes the patch brought us, you thought that nothing else was worth it? Can I ask you why you’re still playing?

Ok well let’s not jump to any wild conclu…ah agree it…

THEY HATE US! THEY DID IT ON PURPOSE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

1 Like

Ahah, thanks for that! :slight_smile:
I wish all video game devs would hate their players that much, forcing them to get a cooler game with tons of updates, extra features, plans for future additions… seriously, who do these guys think they are? Santa Claus?

2 Likes

We’ve checked the server and no one had adjusted the speed here.

Speed is definately slow again. Play some games and you will notice it.

We’ve tested on several different devices and steam. It the speed is working fine for us.

Hey guys, I just checked the speed setting on the server, and played a game on iOS, Steam and Android. Definitely running fast for me. There are only 3 reasons I can think that it would seem slow:

1. You are playing an old 1.0.6 game client, which did not have the speed setting

2. You’ve grown accustomed to the new speed, and it now seems normal to you

3. You have been traveling at 88mph in a Delorean and inadvertently jumped back in time a couple of weeks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Or
4. We’re just messing with your heads. No really, we secretly dumbed down the speed a little.

I have been wondering for quite some time whether this is the case or not. I just played a game and payed close attention and I THINK it is the old speed. Not sure though.

Anyway, for my liking it feels to slow atm, no matter if it is the old or the new setting. I hope to see Puzzle Quest speed in a future update :slight_smile:

Sorry, but this is false. The speed got reverted to the old setting (pre 1.0.7) somehow.

Sorry, but this is false. The speed got reverted to the old setting (pre 1.0.7) somehow.

So… Anyone remember The Waterboy?

Perhaps a stupid idea, but could it be that there was something changed in the client as the weekly event was reset? After that I certainly noticed the speed drop back.
I have to say I was also thinking maybe I’m used to the new speed, but I really think it is slower.

So what we should do to make sure is compare some old video and some new video with a live game. Who is able to put a few links in this thread so we can all start comparing? :smile:
We would need an in-game video of a battle from before and after the patch.

I’ve watched some old gameplay videos and I can confirm it IS the new speed. It just feels as slow as the old speed already xD

The speed has been reverted. I can tell because there is apparent delay after making an initial match, pausing before dropping further gems.

The likely case is that devices outside of Australia are experiencing the reversion, so the GoW team is experiencing no change.

This isn’t a huge issue, and could even be repaired on the next update, but as it stands I can safely confirm Steam has returned to 1.0.6 speed in terms of gem matching/falling.

I’m fine with the new speed, more games I can play. I like streamlining the unnecessarily slow parts like leveling troops. I am not opposed to having a slow speed as an option, but I do not want to be forced to go slower lol.

1 Like

This is basically the way I feel about it. I remember thinking “this feels strange, but I think I will like it later.” and it turned out to be true.

I don’t understand why it makes people feel rushed or in a panic - there is still no time limit on anything you do in this game.