[Tech Issue] iPad: Delve progress is lost every time the screen shuts off

iPad, OS 13.4.1

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
When the screen on my iPad shuts off while I’m playing the new delve event, the game restarts and the delve is reset. It doesn’t save my progress. Even if I’m not in the middle of a battle. I fought 2 battles, took a phone call, screen was off, went back into the game and the delve started over. So I lost my progress and wasted a sigil.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It happens every time my screen shuts off and it just started happening after the update this week.

Steps to make it happen again
Start a delve, play a few rooms, let your screen shut off, turn it back on, tap the game icon, go back to the delve event and it will be reset to the first level. And sigil count goes down by one.

It’s the memory management of the iPad. When you have open apps in the background, the chances are higher that the iPad will unload any of them to free memory. The same thing counts for GoW of course. Also, as the game gets bigger and bigger, i think it’s a logical consequence of the game consuming more and more memory so the chances of the iPad cleaning it up get bigger.

It happens on min too, but not often, as i tend to not have apps open in the background for this exact reason. It happens with all apps, not only GoW.

1 Like

I don’t have a lot of apps running in the background. I close background apps all the time. Most of the time GoW is the only app I have running on my iPad. Also, it just began doing this after the recent update. It happens even when GoW is still running in the background.

Mario beat me to the punch :slight_smile:

I’m sorry this is happening so frequently @skirken what generation ipad do you have?

Please try the things listed in this article as it will help not only with Gems of War but your ipad’s performance overall: