Team Composition Question

Ah thanks for explaining it! Always hate going against those team lol.

Looping teams are great (though typically a bit slow) on offense; on defense, the AI simply isn’t capable of handling them properly, as a surprising amount of thought needs to be invested to create and sustain a loop. Often, when looping, you will want to forego 3-skulls, and occasionally even 4- or 5-color matches, if taking them would change the board layout such that your loop breaks. The AI is too rote for this.

That’s why you never see Alchemist/Valkyrie/Banshee defenses at endgame. (Can’t speak for mid-game or earlier, where people play the cards they’ve got and are still learning the AI ropes.)

4 Likes

Hands down, best Defense teams are fully RNG-dependent, covering 4 or 5 colours.

Pretend you are making a team for a young child to play easily and you’ll get a team the AI uses well.

Not being snarky here. I give the AI teams my 5- year old daughter can use and my Defense Wins will actually outperform Defense Losses.

1 Like

Improve AI must be pretty hard…
priority: 1) 4 gems match, 2) skulls match…

I’m currently using a pretty fun looping team with Jarl:

Jarl
Mercy
Hellcat
Hero with Death Knell
Banner: Red

Death Knell deals damage and gains an extra turn. Hellcat fills Jarl and Hero. Jarl fills himself and Hellcat and Hero. Mercy fills Hellcat. You can loop Hellcat > Death Knell > Jarl > Hellcat > etc. pretty consistently. And the best part is that, unlike other generators, the Hellcat and Jarl spells both deal damage to supplement the Death Knell casts.