[Support contacted] Billed 5 times, purchased 3

Platform, device version and operating system:
iPhone XR iOS 14.4

Screenshot or image:
IMG_5327

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I purchased this offer 3 times and got charged 5 times. I only received the contents of this offer 3 times as well. In the screen shots you can see I’ve still got 2 purchases left (the offer could be bought a total of 5 times) and yet I have 5 purchases in my purchase history. My screen did not freeze when making these purchases, nor did my game ever restart during purchasing. I’ve sent support several emails and have had no response. I contacted apple to refund the purchases and they refunded one of the purchases but refused to refund the other. If nothing else I would like to at least receive the contents of the offer again and the VIP points since I cannot seem to get my money back.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This happens almost every time I make a purchase. This last time happened March 29th, 2021.

Steps to make it happen again
All I do is tap the purchase button, put in my Apple account password and then it says the purchase has been made. I go check my purchase history and I’ve been charged twice for the single purchase I just made.

I don’t know if this is a bug, but it is very strange and happens to me almost every time I make a purchase. It is not caused by game crashes or freezing, nor is there any strange extra long loading periods when purchasing either. It only ever happens in this game. I’ve made purchases in other games and never had this problem before. Mostly I’m posting this here because I’ve sent support several emails and haven’t heard anything back at all. I understand they’re backlogged, but it’s been 3 weeks without any response about purchases made with real money! (I realize 2 purchases at the top say pending and don’t have the date but they were all purchased on the same day and if anyone has any doubts I can post a screen shot of the date and time the screen shot was taken, which was March 30th, because in my time zone it was past midnight. Those purchases sat in pending for 5 days and then when they finally were billed I tried to request another refund for the second double purchase and apple refused it.)

You should write a ticket for compensation - https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
I had the same issue on Android a year or two ago. In my case, I accidentally tapped twice on the purchase button, I was charged twice but I got only one in-game offer. After that happened a second time I changed my purchase settings and enabled password confirmation for each purchase. No such issues since then.

Yes, I have sent a ticket, a few actually. I’ve heard no response from them at all.

It’s actually impossible to double tap the purchase on my phone because I have it set so that you need to enter your password each time you make a purchase. That’s why I’m unsure why this keeps happening.

Hi there, I will reply to your tickets soon, sorry for the wait!

I notice in your screenshots that 2 of the purchases are still pending. I won’t be able to send you the missing items until the transactions are completed (if the items aren’t added to your account automatically once the transaction is complete).

If the purchases were made on March 29 and are still marked as pending I would advise contacting Apple Support for assistance completing or cancelling the transactions:
Apple Support: Contact - Official Apple Support

In the emails I sent you guys, I sent an update with a new screen shot after the purchases came out of pending. They are not in pending anymore and if you check out the emails you should be able to see that. If not let me know and I can resend the updated screenshot of them out of pending.

And only one of the items that was marked in pending was actually a double purchase. One was a deliberate purchase. They weren’t both the double purchases sitting there. I had already received the contents of the offer from the deliberate one I purchased even tho it was in pending. I’m not going to rewrite it all here but if you read the emails I think I explained it all, if it doesn’t quite make sense let me know and I can send you a couple more screen shots that I took before I made the last purchase (which show there were 2 double purchases before I made the third purchase and one was already sitting in pending. Also the most important thing was that I never purchased this item 5 times, nor did I tap to purchase it 5 times, yet this keeps happening where I get double charged and now this last time apple refused my refund so I’m extremely pissed.

@Miseradreamer Let’s resolve this in your support ticket where all the information is. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Ok thanks!