Flash sale with update glitch

XBox 1

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I had received a flash sale offer for Withering Touch and 100 gems for $4.99 USD. I worked on daily tasks for about an hour before going in to accept the offer. I followed the prompts to place the order with my credit card. After placing the order I was sent back to Krystara. Usually a prompt will come up showing the purchase and how much credit toward VIP I received. This did not happen. I checked my weapons and Withering Touch was not there. The flash sale was still displayed. I had assumed I hit back instead of purchase in the XBox store. I followed the flash sale prompts again. This time after placing the order I was dashboarded and given a message that Gems of War needs an update. After the update I received 1 and only 1 prompt showing my purchase of Withering Touch and 100 gems. However, my credit card was hit twice.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This is the only time I have ever seen this.

Steps to make it happen again
The only way I could see to replicate this is to attempt to purchase something at the exact time an update is launched.

@Saltypatra Please help. How should I proceed?

I have a time limit to request a refund and since no one is getting back to me that’s what I did. If my refund for the duplicate, non-received purchase is not received I will pursue more direct measures.

Good luck!

Devs can’t refund cash purchases, just call your bank and tell then you were charged twice.

I already submitted it through XBox. The refund request system just isn’t very detailed. There’s a chance that they take back the weapon and gems. I would have excepted another equivalent…say some scrolls.