Suggestions for a few things

You’re welcome

1 Like

It’s helpful to provide counterarguments, yes. Personal attacks are not helpful.

2 Likes

When a player reaches that level it’s more common than uncommon for them to have mythic troops. As far as the traitstones go; they can be obtained from, playing treasure maps, getting them from chests and the occasional lucky drop from PvP and challenge farming. Throwing cash towards this stuff speeds up the process, but one doesn’t have to do that to obtain things in the game.

You don’t. You actually have a lot of options. You could

(1) Opt not to fight goblins; this is a very easy choice!
(2) Level a team that will counter goblins as well as other types of troops. There are plenty of those!
(3) Level a single troop that would both counter goblins and fit into a team you already have. This is the goldilocks option–not too hot, not too cold.

I will say that Gob-Chomper was just about the last epic troop I obtained, so when I saw posts complaining about goblins and someone would say, “Just use Gob-Chomper!” I always felt sort of miffed. But there are other troops that are easy to get (Dark Song is a quest reward) & Giant Spider or Green Slime, for example, are useful in a lot of teams & versus a broad selection of opponents.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the set of troops that can freeze. The new kingdom adds a number of relatively easy-to-get troops that have this ability. Freeze a green troop and goblins are effectively countered.

Unless they come riding a rocket, as triplets or wielding a cane.

Indeed. So freeze the hobgoblin. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OP seems whiny and wasting their time here, but that’s none of my business… (Insert Kermit here)

As for this topic I would like to state two things:

1. Not to be a jerk or anything, but the point that there are counters to something that seems broken is the same point I’ve been trying to make in the Ol’ Maw thread. I feel the same way about Ol’ Maw the way @Lyya does about Mauraders, except I think the counters for Ol’ Maw haven’t been explored enough yet (bugs that NEED to fixed aside of course, and by that I mean with all his bugs fixed I think he’s fair and needs more time spent for counters).

2. This confirms what I was confused about: I had one of my troops in last place frozen and made a match with Yellow that was a 5-Match. I had an un-frozen troop that was Yellow, but I still didn’t get my extra turn. This thread helps me understand why: it wasn’t that I had an unfrozen troop, but rather that my frozen troop was of that color. I thought that my first troop had to be frozen to get the ‘mana matches do not grant extra turns’, but now I realize why taking my finally decent Golbinz team to complete Keghammer’s quest line is a horrible idea.

Sorry if this is a thread-jack, but when “there are so many counters to a goblin team” is mentioned so many times, I hope it’s fair to ask:

Goblin teams are mostly common & rare cards - what are some good counter-goblin teams also composed of commons & rares?

Goblins =/
Can’t think of anything else. Dark Song and GobChomper are above rare (cant remember their regular rarity cause of ascension).

Both are Epic.

1 Like

Snow Sprite, I’d say. Freezes. Also Winter Wolf if Ultra-Rare is okay.

Snow Sprite, I’d say. Freezes. Also Winter Wolf if Ultra-Rare is okay.

You run into goblins pretty quickly even in low level PVP, for obvious reasons - surprising the list is so short. Winter Wolf dropped for me the first day of 2.0, so let’s include ultra rare - and even epics that drop from city quests. Does that make it easier to put together a good anti-gob team?

Green Slime & Giant Spider can be great because they take away the green mana. Giant Spider is an ultra-rare, I think.

At low level the best counter for goblins is goblins.

Or alc-valk-banshee. They’re much less annoying when you’re the one getting the free turns.

1 Like

Good post, sorry it got derailed in the way it did, I can understand your frustration and will address some of your other points instead of beating the marauder horse to death.

This has been talked about In the exact manner you’ve talked about it since the very beginning, it is designed this way and won’t be changing.

Kingdom levels and power levels are different, with levels being obtained through gold, and power levels through leveling troops and traitstones. Don’t bother worrying about power levels until later in the game. Focus on spending gold to level your cities to 10 to get the sweet bonuses.

Also make sure you are in a good guild where people donate. Even IF people are donating only a couple thousand a week, but understand the importance of it, you will have an easier time I the game. I cannot stress enough the importance of a good guild.

4 Likes

The OP seems relatively new to the community (sorry if this isn’t the case, I do not mean to sound patronising) so presumably hasn’t read the endless nerf goblins don’t nerf anything debates here. Let’s not get down on someone for that, and for venturing their views here. @systematyk don’t take the bait if a few people start to come across as blunt or insulting, they probably mean well and are sore for not making the top in the rankings…

On the OP points:

1. Marauders: I’m interested to know if Gobbos are still ubiquitous for low to mid-level players - they were once the bane of the meta (a recent minor nerf has slowed them down a bit), where now I am seeing Maws everywhere… However: ‘I can’t beat that team’ isn’t really a good reason to nerf them if that’s all there is to it. There are counters, some better than others, and you can always eventually compete better as you get better stats and bonuses. ‘I see that troop all the time’ or ‘that troop is broken’ are better reasons for nerfing.

2. A common dilemma this one. A ‘sandbox’ mode against weak opponents would be good, and has been asked for many times on this forum.

3. Sorry, can’t sympathise very much on this one. Just work harder and play more, if your real life commitments let you. Or don’t, but don’t complain about the grind. Chuck some real money if you want to get a bit further a bit faster. I am puzzled that you’ve been playing for 18 months and yet don’t have many things levelled and kingdoms maxed. Many players around here have been playing a similar amount of time and achieved much more - sorry don’t mean that to sound insulting, but it’s a grindy game… well, at least the grinding is more fun. Joining a good guild really helps, if you’ve not done that yet.

Cheers and good luck.

Yes, they are. I’m level 130, and goblin teams are grossly over-represented in PVP around my level. Most times when I’m given a choice between three teams, at least two of them are all goblin teams.

Some thoughts I have----

For the pvp ranking, only use the first 50 games per day. ( An option is you can maintain a list of the pvp values. If you play more than the 50 and lose, the loss replaces the last counted victory, a victory that is worth more would replace one with lowest worth.) As it is, it is merely a test of who can play the most. I’ve put an average of 4-6 hours a day which is plenty because I have a full time job and frankly it’s plenty and I ended yesterday somewhere around 8,000. That’s no biggie in itself, but the top are putting in over 100 games a day and a few over 200 games a game. That’s fine for a single marathon session (I did that a couple weeks ago), but not over 4 days.

Also there were a few in the top 100 who were averaging more pvp points per game than I see offered in a match. They average 40 or so and I don’t see it offered. How can I compete with that? What determines the value?

Also some of the team strengths don’t make any sense. I thought the easy match is supposed to be easy??? I’ve seen it to be harder than the hard one or a hard on a different offering. My team is rated around 7400 and I’ve seen it above several 4 mythic, fully traited line-ups with more total armor and health and higher attack values than mine. Yet mine has only 2 mythic and while the three troops are traited the hero isn’t. I just don’t see how my line-up should be considered stronger than theirs.

One example of the above had a Golem, Abhorath, hero and Warlock all mythic, all but hero fully traited, clearly all the kingdoms were fully leveled, yet was rated a 3189 strength. I’m sorry that makes no sense.

What goes into the strength ratings?