Suggestions for a few things

First of all I just wanted to say thank you to the development team for the game. It has been my favorite mobile game for the past year and a half and continues to keep me entertained. With that being said I had a couple of things that I wanted to toss out there:

1. Marauders: This is the worst spammed team in the game, yet you nerf skeletons. With the new pvp system in place, and the lack of combo breakers, its a bit much when youre facing fully leveled up team made up of marauders with all traitstones. Just my opinion, marauders need nerfed.

2. Souls/Leveling system: While I can appreciate the system that is in place for leveling, I have a hard time understanding how it makes sense that souls or exp arent attached to all cards that you use. What I mean by this is that there is NO reason to use new cards once youve leveled up a team. It would make more sense that pvp battles were using that power score that they have now to decide on your opponent instead of your “level”, which means absolutely nothing. I think if i could try different teams out without getting demolished because im nearly level 200, I would be more likely to use more cards or teams. But if you start out with a new team that is low level, you cant even use them until youve maxed them all out basically. I guess I would like it to be easier to start a new team of cards without having to wait months so you can get them leveled up enough to actually use them at your current level.

3. Kingdom power levels: I feel like its nearly impossible to level a kingdom up (I think im at 3 now) since I RARELY pull traitstones for my cards, not to mention the fact that I have to continue dumping the very limited amount of souls i get into either cards i dont use from my kingdom or in any other teams I want to try and use.

Anyway, thats it for now. Again, thank you so much for all of your hard work, this is the best mobile game hands down!

EDIT: On a side note. How many people are out there with level 750+? I ran across someone yesterday that was that high leveled with all cards mythic and all traitstones. Is this from throwing down a lot of cash or what?

They nerf the little buggers but the buggers come back like herpes.

As a consequence, there are so many counters for goblins already that it’s hard to be sympathetic to this particular plea. Invest in a countermeasure and the problem goes away.

2 Likes

Broken spire’s troop/kingdom bonus also has counters too stuff that is currently meta.

So because its a spammed unit configuration, I am forced to use certain cards/weapons? I dont know about you, but as I addressed in my post, I dont have unlimited amounts of souls/traitstones to put towards random units that are only useful against marauder teams. I am aware there are units out there to counter marauders, I just dont care to level them up as I wouldnt use them for anything beyond that.

You’re free to do what you like. I’m just saying that there are so many counters for goblins that there’s no need to nerf them any more than they’ve already been nerfed.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen an update with them being changed at all. Again, as I stated previously, I shouldn’t have to level out an entire team just so I have an anti-goblin team. There’s no other cards that are spammed as much as those . I am merely voicing my personal opinions regarding parts of the game, you don’t have to agree with me, as it is my own opinion.

Off the top of my head:

1. 1.0.9 reworked their kingdom bonuses to reduce their total health pools
  2. A balancing patch late in 1.0.9 increased the mana cost of Goblin Rocket and Hobgoblin from 9 to 11.
2 Likes

It doesn’t really matter because your information doesn’t change how I feel regarding the marauders. But on that note, I couldn’t find anywhere in the patch notes for 1.0.9 that there were any unit balancing on goblins. Again, as I said, it doesn’t really change anything for me, so keep in mind when you go direct quote a post you find regarding the update that I will continue to believe it needs adjusted.

Like I said, it was the kingdom (Zaejin) that was rebalanced, not Marauders. And I’m merely providing information, since you indicated you’d not heard of the rebalancing.

Goblins have been nerfed in
and possible 1.6 off the top of my head.

1 Like

Thank you for the correction, although, as I stated before, it doesn’t change my feelings on the matter…

Other than goblins, marauders in general have not been directly nerfed but counters for them have been implimented.

Well if you always use scissors you get beaten by rock. And instead of simply using paper you want rock to be nerfed oO?

6 Likes

It’s one thing to request a feature, or even a nerf. It’s another thing to say, “Oh, and also one of the fundamental building blocks of the game is not cool, let’s get rid of that.”

It really is frustrating to have cards you want to try out but first you have to gather the souls to level them up. It’s frustrating that we have to pick and choose. It’s frustrating that resources are limited and, especially when our teams are weaker and we really need resources, they’re hard to come by.

Alas, this is a feature and not a bug. Frustration fuels the engine that keeps us playing.

As for goblins… Obviously you are not open to being convinced, but this is a strange argument. You don’t want to level the troops that can beat goblins so presumably you want the devs to… balance the whole game around the specific set of cards you have leveled?

3 Likes

I wasn’t going to even justify this with a response, but I’ll give you a freebie. Your argument is that I have to have a team completely leveled up to beat one team in the game? At no point did i state “OH MAN, YOU SHOULD BUILD THE GAME MECHANICS AROUND ME”. What I will say is that I shouldn’t have to build a team specifically to combat ONE other team type. I don’t enjoy playing a game that frustrates me. I have played GoW because its a casual, quick, simple, fun game that I can enjoy. If I wanted to be frustrated I would go play Dark Souls…

I know you were trying to sound clever…but there are more than three choices in the game…

I wasnt trying, it was quite clever, thanks. And it pretty much sums up your point.

There are more than three choices for sure, yet you still refuse to use any of them. And they dont work vs. marauders only. Take the GobChomper for example, he has the chance to devour a marauder but at the same time does double dmg vs monsters (rock worm, crimson bat, giant maw, behemoth…)

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with my point. I did not say that I have one team type and I refuse to use anything beyond that. What I did say is that there aren’t many other situations in this game that require you to have a certain set of cards to combat a specific other set of cards to balance it out…which is the opposite of what you keep saying. You think that everyone else should have to design specific teams to fight one specific team, where as I am merely stating that I think there should be a bit more balance brought to the marauder teams. You don’t have to agree with me, and I completely understand that some players may not feel the same way, but I don’t need you to come to my post and try and publicly diminish my opinion/point of view. I have played this game long enough to know what I like or dislike about it and you telling me that I am wrong for my opinion does nothing to further your point. Thank you for taking the time to argue with my opinion over a free mobile game though.

This is a forum. If you weren’t looking for other peoples’ opinions, you should have sent a private message to the devs. As is, if you start a thread based on a subjective premise, you should expect dissent.

It’s fine if you wish to remain unconvinced – many debates end with both parties’ views unchanged – but it’s not helpful to repeat, “I don’t care about your arguments, I still think I’m right” over and over. Presumably you are attempting to persuade neutral readers to agree with you, and to do that you need to counter arguments, not bury your head in the sand.

3 Likes

But it is helpful to repeat that I’m wrong? Ill let you know when I decide I need to bury my head in the sand…