Stop Ruining what made GoW Great

The game devs don’t know how to counter player skill, so rather than try they have gone with introducing rng and have been going this route for a while.

Don’t expect any new additions to the game to require skill.

Expect more rng. That’s all they know how to do.

I’ve seen “Slots of War” bandied in the past as a meme. It’s not far off the truth.

4 Likes

It is sad. I really used to like figuring out how to create solid teams that would beat - OTHER TEAMS.

Now it’s just random…

Half of me wants to just stop playing (5+ years now) - especially now all it is - is GRIND —

Half of me plays because I have invested all this effort and money into this game.

4 Likes

so another forum wasting our time complaining on how bad the game supposedly is. And then adding solutions that don’t make sense. We been doing dungeons daily since day 1, so its the same system except I have a small chance of scoring dragonite. I can care less if I get a perfect run or not. Once I save my gem total to 25k gems, then I will splurge 5k on dragonite. Once I have enough to build 10 eggs, perhaps 1 year from now, I will open them up all at the same time and don’t care if I get dups. There is no hurry to get these troops. Our kingdoms are not level 20. Same goes with the hoard mimic. I seen 2 last month and then I haven;t seen any in 5 months prior to that. I fought around 40-50 when they first came out and still no drop. And if I happen to get one eventually, it will give me kp 25 for that kingdom, 2k extra gold, which I can farm in 12-24 secs. Just got another Imperial deed offer right now, but I will pass it until I save enough gems. Besides I already got 67. Point is we get frustrated over little things and immediately blame the game or poor design or it has to be a money thing. When you play it under the perspective that I have shown my guild mates, they actually enjoy it. More players are actually enjoying this update than complaining about it.

1 Like

This!^

And when it’s no longer a skill based game, they might as well just let the bots play.

Then we humans can get on with something that requires functioning brain cells, while our phones compete with each other in exciting RNG games like Who Rolled the Most Double Sixes Today?

2 Likes

I have a similar mindset – I’m in WAY more need of the colored Jewels than the fancy new Dragonite so it’s no big loss if I hit a trap, but it’s still annoying because this is something that, by design, the player has no control over. At least, prior to the fix, we could slightly better the odds!

But we can’t speak for the few with an excess of Jewels and who are trying to primarily acquire the new Dragonite. Who are we to argue they are “playing the game wrong”?

I’ve run out of a single color of jewels once, after I realized a few kingdoms only had 5 or 6 weapons, and I went on a major weekly crafting spree for a while. Since then, I don’t even think about them.

On the other hand, dragonite, meh. To be sure, I’ve run up against the kingdom power level wall that can only be breached right now by crafting a particular dragon, so it’d be nice to get that one. But, just as with deeds, levelling kingdoms past a certain point becomes a project measured in decades, not weeks. So my enthusiasm was already, and remains, tempered by the knowledge that these goals will never be achieved. :smile: