Stellarix is stupidly overpowered. Change the 3x back to 2.1

Stop trying to force what you want onto everyone else instead of just not using the things that offend you so much.

How would the regions without wand get faster if wand got nerfed?
How would the regions where it’s allowed now not get slower if wand got nerfed?

People offering solutions for some sort of problem you seem to have is not telling you how to play the game BTW. You can still do whatever you want.

PvP needs fixing. That’s what’s needed.

Removing defense teams and three distinct difficulties is the issue. That’s what killed diversity in PvP, not wand, Stella, or Elementalist.

13 Likes

How defense teams will change anything if Stella+wand already shown theres nothing better as a defender?

Exactly, people keep spamming ‘dont play X’ when I point out the X is broken and must be fixed/nerfed/removed. Why would you do that? Instead, there must be game designer who would notice the thing is being broken and react accordingly. Just a PMA ‘Stella is not gonna be changed’, ‘Wand remains the same’ would resolve the question completely. But as you can see, they are not sure themselves.

Thats why we’re here discussing. Ignoring regions because of wand is not a solution. Same for stella. Game must be balanced or it as well can be closed down. Name a single card worh mentioning BESIDE takshaka from the last year. What card has got any popularity beside Stella, Takshaka and wand? None. Game is stalling. It’s getting boring.

The Gray King.

3 Likes

The gray king can shut down most teams if used in the right hands as long as he can be used with a brown, purple, blue or undead restriction. It’s the same reason why learning how to use him effectively was a stepping stone for me to be a better guild wars player.

This is the main problem with pvp now–people just want to mindlessly smash buttons and win as quick as possible. We have been doing it for so long that people have forgotten that this game can be challenging every so often.

Are some battles determined by bad starting boards and luck? Sure, but if I’m going against difficult opponents, I slow the game down, shut down the strongest threat and take them apart troop by troop.

Unfortunately, pvp in its current state doesn’t penalize loses and favors speed over careful calculations, so people just get upset over loses and just keep smashing wand or Stellarix. I hope that it stops someday…it has dumbed down the game too much…:dizzy_face:

7 Likes

NEW cards I mean. Gray king had niche usage for quite a long time already, nobody cared and nobody called it imba despite obvious strength

You forgot about Ctharrasque. come on man

4 Likes

I lost, honestly.

The game got a decent card (in a good portion of time) and you are asking that this card would be nerfed. Right? Maybe I’m missing something…

Zuul brother came for a different reason.
This game gets 1-3 cards weekly, yet none of those are any remarkable as Stella or Takshaka. Moreover cards are shiny even compared to all already existing ones. Can’t say zuul’s bro gave me as many free wins as stella did.

so where is a problem???

Stellarix has a similar reason of existence as Ctharrasque.

It’s also a major ask to expect weekly troops to all be Stellarix or Takshaka. Even then, those Journey troops that apparently broke the game also came out last year and were also notable troops up until they got nerfed into the ground.

Other troops like Jeweled Golem and Daughter of Time still do noticeable things. Bork-3000 sees heavy play. Empowered troops like Ehecatl and Daughter of Yasmine also see play.

It’s nice to pretend and hyperbolize that nothing useful ever gets released, but the reality is that the dev team occasional release useful things.

That would be a you thing. A lot of people still don’t have Stellarix and use Ctharrasque as one of their other playable choices instead.

6 Likes

Why would a single card outshine every other card made over year(s)? Have you heard of word ‘balance’ and how its vital for games to stay relevant in a long run?

Balance :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: good one!

Have you heard about “Gwent”?
Devs tried to adjust a bit better cards every 3 months or less. In the end, they achieved +/- acceptable balance. And now…they left it on it’s own. Still alive, still active. Anyways.

Now here, do you remember any +/- update / upgrade / revise regarding, let’s say, 20 - 50 cards?

Balance, yeah :smiley:

Really? You call it a good defense?
Capture

I’ll repeat again for anybody who was not listening - no Elementalist, no Wand, no Stellarix, no anything else of those overpowered mindless automatic win items y’all constantly call nerfs for (yet, for some reason, stick on whatever of your teams that y’all can despite them causing so much pain and suffering and killing any inkling of creativity) on my attack teams. I seem to be doing just fine, methinks.

So a player should only use cards that win popularity contests instead of tinkering something on their own and finding stuff that works for them?

Well, let’s see…slower, more cerebral games that maybe require some thinking instead of endless wand-loop-stella-loop-auto-win, in addition, there will be no enemies doing that loop against you, but - no, that’s not good, I want fast brainless wins instead?
There is one issue, that could use an easy fix, with outer ring locations, but it surely is not slower games.

This one takes the cake. Don’t tell us how to play [EDIT. Which nobody is. Simply pointing out that other options are possible, take it or leave it.] because we are the gods that should determine how you play your game and woe on you should you enjoy anything other than what we do.

At least, you let it slip out what y’all are actually interested in. Thanks for the honesty.

10 Likes

In the old iteration of pvp there was an incentive for getting revenge battles, so of course people set up easy to defeat teams. Not all but many.

I don’t say the ship has not possibly sailed, but it’s still what killed diversity in PvP.

Maybe because you keep spamming that you eat a nerf and want to take something away from others that they enjoy? And maybe because we all remember the last nerf and the consequences.

I talking about journey troops in case your forgot.

You really think that would shut this whole thing down? Because I highly doubt it.

And making it more aggravating is going to help that how?

How is nerfing a card or two or three that are good and help people get things like explore and events - of which there are many - done faster going to fix your boredom issue?

Maybe it’s just time for a different game for you. That sometimes happens.

You can’t blame certain cards, though.

Why not blame other cards not being better or more interesting? If the new mythic would have created evil gargoyle gems, he would have been more interesting in my opinion. But how is that the fault of some of the few good and interesting things?

And yes, if you’re so bothered by some regions having Stella and/or wand, the solution is to nkt play there.

I find Arena boring by now so I don’t play it. That is a solution that’s working with what we have.

You could also simply nkt play blood frenzy. Less of an issue if there isn’t such a massive boost.

But overall, my point is still that pvp needs fixing, not single cards.

12 Likes

Morthani’s Darkness. People possibly overlooking her isn’t the fault of the card.

I used her paired with tgk and ghost queen in the old pvp since she came out.

6 Likes

Still far from being any big, yet useful. Guess what, that’s how cards must be. Instead we pack self looping all colors extra turn dragon with insane aoe damage and call it a day.

1 Like

Saludos a todos, si bien para mi no es un problema ya que pienso que estellatrix es muy fuerte, me di cuenta que le cambiaron el daño alguien tambien lo ha notado ? El impulso que hace x4 ya no se le suma al daño base o antes estaba mal y la acomodaron o la nerfearon … si alguien puede que lo chequee … lo probe muchas veces.