(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I’m so excited for war corgi! The 3.4 hype has begun! :smiley:

8 Likes

Pets will run and jump around your screen, messing with your opponents’ mana and stats, stealing it and bringing it to your troops.

ov

Sometimes they will act up and mess with your troops instead, so you will have to stroke them repeatedly to calm down.

4 Likes

Doomskull = Skull spam is finally fun after they nerfed The Great Maw?

Hi all, I just noticed my Weapon Spoiler page hasn’t been updating the history file (sorry). :frowning:
The problem has been fixed and there is now 88 updates on the weapons page. Enjoy.

2 Likes

I’m guessing pets are just yet more collectibles that give minor boosts to certain teams. I kinda hope they’re more game-changing than that. Also interested/concerned re how they’ll be visible/understandable in game screens. Don’t want to have to do five extra clicks after battle starts to discover that mini goblin pet runt made all those goblins immune to freeze.

Also wondering how we’ll acquire them. Into the usual mix of chests? Or only from pet chests only opened by pet keys that only the top ten guilds will ever see? Just hoping I don’t also need to collect 191 copies to ascend my pets just to make them vaguely useful…

2 Likes

I like the sound of a minitaur haha

And hard limited to like 10 keys per week. Also the keys can drop souls and traitstones. And the mechanism for obtaining the keys takes gems, and requires some sort of repetitive gameplay commitment. Sad that I’m only half joking that this would be my expectation at this point.

I really really want them to just be a goal that can be built up into gradually, through gameplay that can be done at the pace the player wants, with expected room for monetization accelerators. I don’t think normal keys or existing resources is likely (since they don’t have proper sinks implemented, and the disparity between player to player is already much too great), but I’m fine with that. Just don’t want another thing that I feel I have no influence over outside of a daily box.

1 Like

There is a Pet Gnome in the Spoiler so 1st possibility is to farm them. And I guess that we will also be able to buy them through dollar-pack or get them achievement.

For the bonus, it’s already there:

So what players think about Ice Troll:
Double the number of Blue Gems on the Board, then double the number of Brown Gems.

I guess that the Blue gems do not match… So it’s more risky than an usual Troll, no?

Could be good in a situation where blue or brown gems are none existent…

Rng will probably screw me as I’ll cast for brown and have the new blue gems reduce the brown or I’ll cast for blue and have the browns take out the 4 of a kinds.

I suppose it has more versilitity than a standard troll and cannot be stoped just as easily on def , which is prob where it gets used.

I think Khorvash figured: “I already do great with penguins in a desert empire, I also want an Ice Troll, what could go wrong?”:wink:
I personally am sceptical; I have seen often enough with the guild guardians how wrong double-color spawning can go.

1 Like

But with two consecutive spawns instead of spawning both colours at once(at least that is how it is worded) this actually increases the chance for an extraturn drastically. And by providing two colours to the board this Troll is easily the best of them, probably even broken depending on the cost they settle for.

Edit:

Didn’t catch that at first, but if the first spawn doesn’t get resolved seperately the chances for extraturn might not be as amazing as i assumed, however it will still produce insane amounts of blue/brown mana for your team.

1 Like

I don’t think it will resolve matches mid-spell. It’s very likely going to double the first color (replacing some of the second color), then double what remains of the second color (replacing some of the first color), then resolve matches. I suspect this may actually reduce the chance for an Extra Turn, because you are far less likely to fill the board with just one color. In the end it really depends on the gem spawning algorithm, how biased it is towards/against forming color clusters.

1 Like

There will be a bunch of overwriting, so it’s tough to predict whether it’ll be better than, worse than, or similar to the other troll units. Doubling the blues can overwrite some of the browns, which will then make doubling the browns less impactful, and doubling the browns can overwrite the newly-created blues, making the first transformation less impactful.

Overall, I’d guess that it’ll be less “reliable” than the single-color trolls (in terms of producing extra turns), but a potentially-large double-color transformer has merits of its own.

This Troll is for now a Legendary whereas the existing ones are Epic only. So I guess that this new Troll should be better.
If the spell doubles Blue gems overwritting Brown, and then doubles Brown gems overwritting Blue, that sounds pretty bad and unreliable. Or you have to cast him when there is few of one color and a lot of the other color…

I will prefer a Double the number of Blue Gems on the Board, then transform Blue Gems to Brown Gems.

Pets look… Cool!

Something new to collect, and I’ll guess you attach them to teams like banners for a small bonus. Guessing bonus similar to guild statue bonus.

But maybe some extra cool things, like baby snake grants troops poison on skull hit.

1 Like

Would have to test it to be sure, or at least know precisely how the Troll’s spell works, but it does sound pretty error-prone.

Now what would be scary is if it worked like this:

• Double blue gems
  • Resolve that board and cascade
  • THEN double brown gems
  • Resolve THAT board and cascade

I just don’t think that’s it. Its more likely to be…

• Double blue gems
  • Brown # gets heavily reduced
  • THEN double brown gems, only there’s a tiny amount left (3-6) and it doesn’t work
  • (Brown gems may mess with the perfectly good blue gem matches)
  • Hands board to enemy
1 Like

I think the current trolls are already dominant enough in the game and we really don’t need another, stronger, more broken one. Just: no thanks.

3 Likes

Does anyone know what these troops are supposedly released tomorrow on the Taransworld website?

The traits suggest a bounty hunt but i lost track of any new upcoming events so some advice would be greatly appreciated :blush:

1 Like

My best guess is that Ice Wraith releases today at rollover into the new Bounty Shop and the other three that are listed (Parrot, Rift Lynx and Scavenger) actually get released with future bounty events. That’s just a guess though, but it would follow from the fact that future events show a single bounty troop related to the current week’s kingdom. We should know more in 4-5 hours when the bounty preview post will presumably appear.

I’d have a couple of Arcane Shield traitstones at the ready, but there isn’t much else you can do to prepare at this point.

3 Likes