(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Yeah, too random if he’s only buffing one skill on one ally. I wonder if there is any chance that a Pan’s Vale rework is also scheduled for next week. Without one, I can’t see making a viable team out of these guys.

2 Likes

Any of the heros wildfolk? Some decent purple weapons there.

Rework would be interesting, most of there troops (Sylvasi, Satyr Musician, Nyx, Silent One, Bunni’Nog against Knights) are ok ish but they just don’t work well at all together.

When I get a daily task for 3 troops from Pan’s Vale, it is automatically into explore for me. I can’t make a reasonable PVP team out of them, though many have a place in other good teams.

I have no idea what kind of rework would help though.

BTW, whenever I Power-up Bunni’nog, I think of you.

3 Likes

I swear they named him Nax just to mess with people who use that as an abbreviation for Krystenax…

3 Likes

Both troops seem quite meh

On the plus side, they wont be nerfed immediately

2 Likes

It’s also very close to Nyx, his next-door neighbour. They probably get each other’s mail all the time.

7 Likes

The artwork is really good imo, especially nax

The thing that hurts them the most is no board mod. They don’t lead into anything or each other, and their mana costs are rather high (especially Nax). During event week, Nax will have a 1/4 chance of boosting Silenus to near Ketras levels of damage, but even under perfect storm conditions will still slightly miss the one-shot, but the burn could finish them. Not many other Wildfolk have great magic scaling either, which is usually the reason you want to use a “random stat” buffer.

I’m surprised we are even attempting Wlidfolk synergy after their entire race got broken up and what remains is a mish-mash of leftovers that didn’t currently fit into any other existing race. These troops would be a lot better if “wildfolk” meant anything race that would have previously been considered a Wildfolk - Centaur, Wargare, Urska. As it stands, the legendary will more than likely be used to occasionally enable a super annoying six mana silence that has very little threat behind it otherwise.

3 Likes

This the first kingdom with three Legendaries? Going to be a nightmare to pull with event keys!!

Might just put the forge to use for this guy and save keys for the new Kingdom.

5 Likes

I would love it if they would goose the drop rate on the new legendary in the week they are introduced. Especially since they nerfed the rate that we can accumulate event keys. They’re scheduled to release 3 new legendaries in the next 4 weeks, so event keys are going to be very scarce.

5 Likes

The second. Adana was the first, for Tesla (with Carnex and Dracos already in). During that time, I saw people reporting to spend over 900 event keys to get a single copy. Setting a spending cap is highly recommended. Ordinarily I’d balk at missing a collection point, but Pan’s Vale is pretty far from the nine-star threshold and shotgunning keys for mythics will generally get them to drop before the next event cycle.

4 Likes

Adana has already 3. But thats the only one I think.

1 Like

Jeepers, that’s over 12,000 gems, isn’t it?

Forgot about Adana, I didn’t get Tesla during that event so that might be why! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

From context, I assume they already had a bunch of event keys on hand before they started but had to resort to gems later. Otherwise, yeah, 11k+ gems, or 162k glory and some serious RSI. My spending limit is probably going to be below the average drop rate, so it is very likely I wont see this legendary for many months, but the only reason I would resort to crafting him is if he suddenly got a mega-buff after release and was coincidentally available in soulforge, or if he somehow bottlenecked my progression to nine-starring a kingdom (which translates to weekly gem income).

2 Likes

I’m so hopelessly far behind on Mythics now that keeping up on Legendaries is my version of maintaining a complete collection. I’ve only got a few hundred event keys, but we’re a couple weeks behind PC/Mobile, so by the time this and Merlantis drop, I’ve hopefully got enough to scrape out one of each Legendary. I’ve already farmed all the Arcanes I’ll need to trait them if I get them, but I’m beginning to release how big an “if” that is.

1 Like

Based on the recent task changes and the current release schedule, it seems pretty clear to me that this is no longer intended to be (immediately) possible without either being top 3 in guild wars or continually putting money in. Just remember that you can convert glory to event keys via Spoils of War if you are ready to commit hard, and good luck. I’m fairly certain I have enough resources to leverage all the legendary drops this month and still hit the mythics going forward, but I’ve altered my collection strategy and have to force myself to not care about a missing legendary I won’t use if the “cost” is too high. Better to be missing a legendary you would probably forget exists after a week than a potentially usable one or something that bridges the gap to nine star, if it comes to that.

3 Likes

Yep this is what I do now - limit myself to 50wvwnt keys or so if think I won’t use the legendary and save them for new kingdoms.

Been doing this since Tesla and Gog/Gud I didn’t get them during they’re respective events but have them now through glory/gem/VIP keys.

:thinking: Then… they all excite you just enough? :rofl: :wink:

Jokes aside, Nax doesn’t feel good for an Epic at all… He doesn’t need to be “Fenrir” with other colors and stuff, but he is far behind from being a good choice in any team…

Please @Sirrian, @Nimhain, consider changing his spell into:
Cleanse an ally, Give them [Magic + 1] Life and 2 of Magic. Double the effects if the ally is a Wildfolk.
He would be nice in a team with Tuskar for example. A fair and reliable for the earlier stages of the game.

3 Likes

Looking at the spreadsheet and there is nothing about December 17th… Could it be the next next kingdom event (Shentang)? So a kingdom release on December 15th?
If Merlantis is released on October 20th, it would be more or less two months, so it should be alright with the schedule.

And did someone notice that Nimhaim’s profile background looks like quite asiastic? :slight_smile: