(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 2)

She will join the pile of never used mythics for me.

3 Likes

There are certainly a lot of those. It’s kind of exciting when you’re first starting out and you get a mythic, because some of them, although bad when you have all of them, are great when you have none of them…

4 Likes

No comments at all about the whole host of units that will emerge from the Glory shop during the next campaign? Or the two troops that will be available during the interregnum week after that? The Zhul’kari mythic slated for October, yet another “convert yellow to skulls” thing?

I was thinking that Vidarr the Vast seems like a budget version of Amarok at a lesser mana cost and with blue mana focus instead of red. The chance to devour isn’t as high, but with a board full of blue it’ll have decent chances.

Baldr seems pretty mediocre. Yeah, it can creata 20 skulls on an all blue team, but unlike a converter it’s really playing with RNG fire. I can see that one backfiring constantly.

Also, the Dragonian Mage inflicting Lycanthropy on skull damage doesn’t seem like it makes very much sense. I’m frankly surprised we didn’t see something like that given as a thematic change to the straight up Werewolf troop from Ghulvania this campaign. Lycanthropy doesn’t really thematically scream dragons to me.

I can’t believe no one is talking about how crap this next faction is going to be. Basically looks like the only way to win is by inflicting death mark with skull damage. Mana drain. Going to be painful.

Oh I said it first thing. Just overlooked.

Probably be a single faction clear at, what, lvl100 - then never touch it again.

1 Like

How many rooms does it take for fastest run, does anyone know?

I rather think it’ll be a devour-race, myself.

That, or with all the mana draining a slug-fest with skulls, which would make the death mark more useful — but when they’ve got such inflated stats compared to us, a pretty severe disadvantage to have to rely on the board being in our favor

It might actually turn out to be one of the easier ones, Leanansidhe has a lot of damage potential in the hands of players, and a lot of ways the AI could use her inefficiently.

Bit hard to tell, possibly 4.

2 Likes

From the stream, it’s 4 if you go through the Legendary room, or 6 if you avoid the legendary room.
Going to eat up a huge chunk of time, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

I’m curious to see all these new Potion Gem Guardians come into play. Most (all?) have pretty easy-to-achieve extra turn conditions, and if the gems work the way I think then they’ll have pretty huge mana-generating potential, when/if multiple casts come into play.

Also — the mythic with the Uber-Doomskulls? Uh…wonder if that’ll be bugless…

At the very least I guess it will mean those skulls won’t be turned off ever again :man_shrugging:

Maybe something to give to Enraged Kurandara, to make him less lackluster? Lowered mana cost would be the best thing, still, but I’m open to other ideas, too, like the recent one in another thread saying he should be able to select a color to convert like a stronger Keeper of Souls.

1 Like

I’m indifferent. Hell Gate looked a lot worse to me.

Mana Drain doesn’t work on Blessed Troops (basically everyone using potions this weekend)

Dark Knight, Front line troop, can barrier itself, has small skull reduction (paired with the Armored potion to be passable), and Death Mark. It also does nothing with Magic anyways (so the faction legendary stealing Magic is a non-issue)

Leanansidhe steals Magic making her spell more powerful. Run in multiple, it can debilitate the enemy first slot fairly quickly. Its also a targeted full mana drain, so you can control the threats.

Theoretically, you could beat this faction with just Dark Knight and a little bit of luck, but it shouldn’t be too hard with Lean on the team.

Its either a 2/2 split with DK/Lean or 1 DK/3 Lean team.

1 Like

You wouldn’t stick a Kelpie in there for devour chances? I wouldn’t want to try and rely upon Death Marks given the couple of rooms that can make the enemy team immune to that and the number of other rooms that have some undead enemies.

Likely, if he’s planning to beat it with potions, then speed is more the issue — Lean is faster for the reasons enumerated :man_shrugging:

But still — devouring their kelpie might make the enemy less annoying. Could also be more annoying, if the thought is to not be devoured by draining their kelpie for the entire fight, rather than clear it with some lucky RNG

I wouldn’t gamble on 12% devour chance

3 Likes

12% maximum chance is way too low. Cast 10 times on average to trigger once? Ridiculous.

2 Likes

Anyone know what the next delve stat point is after +1 life at 80k? Please don’t tell me magic is at 88k because we can only get 85k max after all delves are released. Even if they release another kingdom it’ll still not be enough.

The second magic stat bonus would be at 88k according to this:

2 Likes

Well that’s a shame. They should have evened out the stat points better.

Future plans are said to include new kingdoms and thus new Factions. I’m sure we will get that Magic stat at some point.

1 Like