(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 2)

If they wanted to start the notion of “Zodiac” mythics next month and release the “active” Zodiac symbol each month, Aquarius would be first. So I suspect what we’re seeing on Taransworld right now is incomplete in some fashion, especially given the lack of a February mythic being listed at the moment.

But we’ve also seen some things fill in over the past few days. So there may be more yet to come.

I think the storm is going to cause burning gems to drop without being converted. The same kinda storm was going to cause stone blocks to drop so there’s the precedence.

I think its just a “vanilla” red/brown storm, i.e. same thing as Tinkertown and Indrajit’s Palace.

1 Like

I’m worried this troop does TOO MUCH damage. I don’t think we’re ready for that kind of onslaught. We’re talking 3 potential one-shots here. Hopefully it gets nerfed before release!

/s

With that type of stopping power, who needs Legends or even Mythics :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Mercifully, GoW truncates numbers instead of rounding them, so the damage done to each troop will be reduced by 0.7 to a much more reasonable 0.

3 Likes

Well it can happen in bugs of war.

New Faction event postponed 2 weeks.

6 Likes

This results in the planned gap/vault weekend now 11-13 feb.

seems a better schedule, just prior to the GW

1 Like

The Depths of Sin Tuesday faction assault this week is a little odd; we just had Depths of Sin two Tuesdays ago.

1 Like
199 [TROOPHELP_STORM2_5_1] Lavastorm
200 [TROOPHELP_STORM2_5_2] Red and Brown Gems fall more than the other colors

Not much of a surprise to most people.

20 [EXPLORE_DESCRIPTION_5] Fight the mimics for a improved Chest
21 [EXPLORE_DESCRIPTION_6] Recieve x2 amount the rewards of a normal Chest
22 [EXPLORE_DESCRIPTION_7] Fight the horde mimics for an even more improved Chest
23 [EXPLORE_DESCRIPTION_8] Recieve x5 amount the rewards of a normal Chest
24 [EXPLORE_STEP_DESCRIPTION_5] Fight the Mimics
25 [EXPLORE_STEP_DESCRIPTION_6] Receive your increased rewards
26 [EXPLORE_STEP_DESCRIPTION_7] Fight the Horde Mimics
27 [EXPLORE_STEP_DESCRIPTION_8] Receive your increased rewards

That seems interesting

Feb Mythic seems rather dull. Takes awhile to get going at 24 mana.

Best case: cast, loop and get stuck with no green on the table to go again. Doomclaw had a similar devour rate and was never all that exciting either.

Worst case: Forest Troll syndrome where there’s no green on the board, so nothing happens. Then devour misses and nothing happens.

Needs the Troll Extra Gem creation to keep it relevant and a lower base mana cost.

3 Likes

I don’t think they should be throwing around the line “Creative, Empathetic and Generous” with a troop this mundane + their overall decisions lately. Asking for trouble.

5 Likes

Unless you can utilize the green gems you’ve just destroyed. First Mate Axelubber uses green/purple mana and converts blue to red. So if you destroy 12 green, you’d fill up First Mate, then you’d create 12 blue gems. Then you’d cast First Mate and convert blue to red. The blue and red matches should fill up Piscea again, and since you’ve transformed the board twice, it should have some green on it again.

Or… they want you to combine it with Nimue, a Merlantis Legendary that transforms yellow to skulls and red to purple. It uses green and purple. So the green destroyed would help fill Nimue, then the blue would help fill Piscea. Then Nimue would transform the red to purple – which loops back into Nimue.

The downside for that of course is that Nimue doesn’t use blue mana, so she doesn’t benefit from his trait.

Ocularen does though. Ocularen is Green/Blue and transforms Brown to Green. So you could cast Piscea, then cast Ocularen. Although, in that scenario, the only way to get an extra turn is if you 4-match on the brown to green, which means automatically 4-5 less green on the board to destroy for next time.

Well, probability theory says that it’s roughly 50/50 to devour at least one troop assuming you’re not facing teams that prevent that. It’s a little bit better than Doomclaw but not much; the only place where I use Doomclaw at all is an all-Urska team I threw together for Pest Rescues the last time I changed all six of those up.

Beyond that? He’s the same colors as Megavore but Megavore is probably better in almost every way. I’m certainly not going to make a swap between the two for the Merfolk team I keep together, whether it’s the all-Blue/no Hero version or the mostly-Blue/Tidecaller Hero version. And the third trait is okay-ish but probably not worth building a team around. Maybe if I had to build an all-Merlantis version of my Merfolk team because of event restrictions or something, but that’s wandering too far into the realm of “not damned likely”.

It’s undoubtedly something copy-pasted from descriptives of the various Zodiac signs. Because lazy development and why waste time trying to come up with something creative (or snarky) for flavor text?

1 Like

I did think this was a Tarot fake troop thing at first, yes. (See also treasure non-troops) The text definitely suits that line of stupidity.

Who can tell me, what color will be the Tower of Doom in March '22 (03.21.2022 - 03.27.2022)? It will take place in the Bright Forest.

We’re getting a green Doomed Dagger for the ToD after this campaign is over.

3 Likes

So, I’m posting this just so I can be proved wrong tomorrow.

On the last dev stream, only 2 matches got played with the new mythic and on the second match, it never got to cast. In the first match, it got 4 devours in 3 casts. (100% success rate for 1+ devour)

… surely, its working properly tomorrow and isn’t a 100% devour troop, right?

1 Like

I am just excited about the lengthy delays we get tomorrow. I think I counted 5 gem rotations during the last mythic. With this one and a new delve, I’m anxious to see if it can get to 10 rotations…

4 Likes

Burning Gems! What next ! Then, Ice Gems. Then, tangle Gems. Poison Gems. Stun Gems , …the mind boggles with nonsense. And to top it all off - no doubt - the working as intended gems- “The bug Gem”- so we can never complain about a bug in the game ever again

3 Likes