(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

It’s Magic+4, and a x5 boost rate.

With 0 magic (e.g when webbed) and 4 Centaurs she’ll do 24 damage to each.

4 Likes

Oooooh~! Looks like the rebirth of true damage Centaur Scout!

I’m thinking:
Artema
Astral Spirit
(Oracle) Hero (w/ Red weapon)
Star Gazer

4 Likes

Add the +3 for Leader?

And help me with the maths, how much is that gonna be with end-game stats?

What will leader do when you’re webbed? It’s 0 magic either way.

(The webbed example was because you mentioned early game and non-scaling damage, so I found an excuse to remove magic from the equation. For that matter, early game also means traiting a legendary is not easy.)

I believe it should be 21 magic with all kingdom and guild task bonuses (but excluding GW sentinels), so 45 damage for 2 enemies, with 4 Centaurs and full magic.

1 Like

Good point.

That’s nuts, and I hope these ‘draft’ numbers will be subject to change. The spell also gives some board control and mana generation. If it lost the Centaur boost, it’d still be a good legendary spell.

Also with those traits, on the inevitable Divinion Centaurs +50% stats event week… that’s gonna be broken.

And of course I forgot team bonuses. 4 unique Centaurs will give you 1 extra magic. If you add the Leader trait that’s 3 more, so 49 damage to 2 enemies.

Hmm yeah… the two weakest enemies too. Nice.

Looking at Artema and I just realized that she looks very much like Dark Monolith. And I can not tell you the last time I have EVER seen him in pvp.

Well, the Dark Monolith isn’t putting out 49 damage to 2 enemies now is it?

While it seems a bit much, to get to these numbers the team has to handicap itself quite a bit by fielding only centaurs to get there.
Also we don’t know its mana-cost yet, considering its combined damage per cast is still significantly less damage than an average Famine cast, and apparently that is balanced, so we’re fine.

2 Likes

Sorry, that’s another thing I need to incorporate into my scripts. Cost is 15

1 Like

42 when he’s damaged, which becomes 48 after a single enemy cast, and keeps going up (third trait).

The main difference is in early game, as Jainus mentioned. DM’s damage is mostly from Magic, so he’d be as balanced in early game as end game. In contrast, much of Artema’s potential damage is static, making her a real threat in early game.

Though honestly, as early game player I would take TDS+dragons over Artema+centaurs every time. 20 damage to all vs 25-30 to just 2 enemies, also full board explode and souls which early game needs, and there are more useful dragons than there are centaurs.

2 Likes

How is this troop not a Mythic?
It seems better than what most other Mythic can do.

No a mythic would be 75% chance to dodge Skull damage.

please don’t actually make that a trait

7 Likes

Yech, that is really sounding like power-creep to me. What I want to see is less troops that just have unbelievably high static numbers on them - i.e. broken for lvl1-200~ without investment. 24 damage x 2, for running that thing and three common Centaur Scouts, does not seem like a good idea.

I realize this sort of thing is never ever a problem for me personally, it just doesn’t sit right with me …

1 Like

Makes me wonder if it would be possible to scale the boost factor in some way with magic. There’s a lot of troops where the boost goes from “yay” to “yuck” as you progress through the game…

i think with unity it could be possible

OMG It’s like the return of the pre-nerfed Centaur Scout!
I’m going to throw a fit if I cough up the dough to get it fully traited and mythic, only to have it nerfed within a month of its release! :rage:

2 Likes

Anyone have any new info about the new kingdoms? Shentang and the mermaid(?) Kingdoms?

Most of the data is missing or wrong, there are no traits or spell descriptions, and you can see Shentang troops all have placeholder names. Still could be interesting, so I’m posting anyway for your viewing pleasure.

###Shentang

Location: Bottom left of map (between Blackhawk and Leonis Empire)
Will arrive in 79 days (2017-08-25).

Zhenniao (Common)
Spell: Zhenniao Spell (Green) - TBD

Wing Elf Swordswoman (Rare)
Spell: Wing Elf Swordswoman Spell (Blue/Yellow) - TBD

Monkey Disciple (Rare)
Spell: Stone Egg (Blue/Brown) - TBD

Wing Elf Spearmaster (Legendary)
Spell: Wing Elf Spearmaster (Brown/Red) - TBD

Wing Elf Mage (Rare)
Spell: Wing Elf Mage Spell (Yellow/Purple) - TBD

Chinese Dragon (Legendary)
Spell: Chinese Dragon Spell (Red/Yellow) - TBD

Bull Daemon King (Legendary)
Spell: Bull Daemon King Spell (Green/Red) - TBD

Panda Urska (Ultra-Rare) - Event troop
Spell: Panda Urska Spell (Green/Yellow) - TBD

###Merlantis
Location: Left of map (sea left of Sword’s edge, no clouds there)
Will arrive in 114 days (2017-09-29).

Leviathan (Legendary)
Spell: Wave Crash (Blue/Brown) - TBD

Giant Crab (Common)
Spell: Pincers (Blue) - TBD

Hippocampus (Rare)
Spell: Strong Current (Green/Yellow) - TBD

Kuotani (Rare)
Spell: Trident Strike (Green/Brown) - TBD

Merlion (Ultra-Rare)
Spell: Roaring Seas (Blue/Red) - TBD

Lamprey (Ultra-Rare)