So You Think You Can Gem

Ummm… I think if you re-read my OP, I didn’t belittle anyone. In fact I didn’t mention a single other player by name. I tried (and I think succeeded) to make the point that more is going on in GoW than just the players in the meta. Now if I were to have used the words “forum clique”, that, I agree, would have been duly provocational. :slight_smile:

I still see no evidence of any other player achieving a true 100% combined win rate, offense + defense, for the duration of an event. I look forward to seeing other examples.

Edited for spelling.

Fair enough. Though, as you are insisting nobody else has achieved a 100% win rate, it bears repeating that there’s a bug right now wherein defense losses are not being accrued. The statistic is therefore a bit skewed. I’m certain my defense isn’t bulletproof, and I can assert with confidence that neither is your friend’s.

Still, 100% wins on offense is noteworthy.

The bug you’re talking about has only been in effect for the last 24 hours approx., she completed her run some time before that. I myself show 45 defense losses in my stats this week. A separate bug since 2.0 went live prevents the (!) PvP notice from showing losses, it only flashes updates on defense wins, but that doesn’t affect stat keeping. I would question publicly dismissing an achievement as the result of a bug without first getting dev confirmation.

Eh. Fair enough. Though I’d say that giving the thread a title that spoofs a tv reality show where amateurs show off their (often amazing and praiseworthy, even if they couldn’t dance backup for beyonce) chops puts the rest of the commentary into context.

1 Like

Someone needs to make a forum similar to this so that everyone can brag about their achievements.

Hey @captain_video take a look at my record from today… not at all bad for a proclaimed top tier person, wouldn’t you say?

46 wins no losses, and no invade losses… I must be the best player ever :slight_smile:

Note that not only are there no defense losses this week, all previous defense losses have been wiped for everybody. Your boast loses its punch. :slight_smile: Let’s see what happens when and if they get the defense stat bugs fixed.

Since you can’t prove that your friend’s wins came before the bug started, you’re no better off.

skips away

2 Likes

I am waiting for the devs to fix the bug(s), the same as everyone else. After that’s done and verified, I’ll take another look at her stats, and will share the results with you all, for better or for worse, how’s that?

No need really, you congratulated someone on their accomplishment, there is no need to “back that up” in any way.
People just need to chill a bit and care less about their stats.

3 Likes

Update: She is 0-4 on defense so far this event cycle. For my own part I am 2-4 so far this cycle. I wish I knew more about how the matchmaking algorithm works (although I understand why the devs don’t want to reveal too much, to prevent exploits). My own losses seem to all be against much lower-ranked players, some of the revenges have shown up in the medium category not hard, which means I don’t fight them. I would rather be losing to the top tier, since that way I’d give up fewer points on a loss and get more back for a revenge. But it’s not working that way…

From what i can discern from the matchmaking algorithm, The ai does a skill check of what your highest possible team build is and your lowest team build possible is and then selects opponents within that range whose team defences qualify. It then decides points based on another code that i can not yet discern.