Small PvP Rule Change: Retreats now always lose a trophy

I don’t like the new tweak BUT it is the way it should be. The reasoning is sound - you leave the fight - you lose the fight. And I guess there should be consequences to that action. The more I think about it I don’t think it will change how I have been using the Retreat option though. If I’ve gotten into a fight and three of my troops get killed by a nasty True Shot team or Skull generator team that happens to get the lucky cascades of skull match after skull match or powers up because of gems matching in those cascades before I can really do anything then I don’t want to finish it. What’s the point? Just end it. Get it over with. Going to lose anyway so why play it out. Move on to the next fight and maybe it will be my turn for those lucky cascades and I can win that trophy back that I just lost.

Evolution of the game.

Testing Grounds

Zhul’Kari has Treasure Hunt. Broken Spire has Arena. How about Stormhiem or Khaziel having a “Testing Grounds”? Or maybe when the next kingdom gets revealed, it can have it? Same opponent selection as pvp but with rewards similar to doing a challenge - if any rewards at all. Gold and soul caps in place the same too if there are rewards.

@Sirrian
Coming in the 2.0 PvP rework - you can battle your friends & guildmates to test stuff out.

Wow - this is great news :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Yeah I can go back to invading / revenging against you @esslee ALL the time, which was how my life was before I moved into MatchMasters guild…

1 Like

Yay (heh heh)

This makes the most sense to me… why is it reversed?

We should be rewarded for hard work, not penalized… for the people whom want to just do pvp to get rank 1 and stop, let them keep the current system. and then implement a mechanic where the matchmaking sees the same rank as same reward fighting higher rank… So, when you’re @ rank 1, if you fight a rank 1, you get double trophies.

2 Likes

Guild changes moved to 2.1, this makes me sad, we won’t see no change to guild in next 5-6 months which is too much, I expected changes on that field to happen a lot sooner. . Not sure am I willing to wait that much. .

2 Likes

A partially related question @Sirrian, if a player ‘Retreats’ from a battle where you are the defender, is this shown to you as a successful defence battle or not even shown to the defender at all?
If it is indeed the latter, is a change due in the new pvp system?

Good question, definitely want to know that answer myself…

Really good question, I would also like to know the answer, especially considering my most recent post:

Hope one day people are punished for exiting the client mid battle, mark as a retreat :slight_smile: (and a defense win… BECAUSE YOU FRICKING WELL WERE OUTMATCHED! Someone talked about a practice mode, so can do that away from the big boy battles…

I 100% agree. I do it simply b/c I can. If I couldn’t close out then I would actually scout.

Does it matter what is pushed back when next release is not coming either?

Troll post is troll.

Doesn’t make it less the truth, we didn’t even get an ETA only sneak peeks with express warning it does not count as preview. Starts closely resembling that patch with treasure hunt.

Doesn’t make it more the truth either. You have no reason to suspect it is or isn’t coming soon, and you straight up said it’s “not coming”. I think we can all rest assured it is coming, and there’s no reason to go hardcore negative unless the dev team straight up said, “sorry, we’re going to have to delay this for 4 months!”