Skull spamming: traits trigger on troops that weren't hit

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I cast either Bone Dragon or Keeper of Souls spell (don’t remember which, but it created quite a lot of skulls). The first opponent troop was already dead, the second one was killed with those skulls and the third one was Sheggra with third trait - Molten - unlocked. Even though Sheggra didn’t loose any armour or health my Bone Dragon (from first slot) got Burning debuff.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Create a lot of skulls (probably with any spammer), enough to kill the first troop in enemy lineup, probably overkill is required. The second enemy troop must have any trait that triigers on hit (like Stoneskin) . I’m pretty sure I saw things like Stoneskin or Agile trigger back in 1.0.8, but it was irrelevant. With things like Molten or Bone Dragon’s third trait (which also happened to me once) it becomes important.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
No.

1 Like

I assume that’s it. Let’s say you created three skull matches with Sheggra. Two are enough to finish your enemy. Since there is one Skull Match left, it triggers the effect of the next enemy.

Again, just an assumption.

I think this is related to another issue, that doesn’t show damage on a troop sometimes even though it has been damaged. The damage is registered but not shown and the troops health/armor gets updated to the correct state the next time it is damaged. Happens very often in flurries of skull damage caused by a skull spawner. Happens just as often as troops that are killed still remaining on the board with some health.
Both is just a display error though, the system actually does apply damage and death correctly it appears.
Still would be nice if this could be fixed.

1 Like

Well, it’s a different case I think, even though they may be somehow related. The bug described by me has nothing to do with dealing damage - it’s done correctly, just the trait triggers even though it shouldn’t. What you’re describing happened all the time in 1.0.8 with Agile and now I think happens only in some specific situations, like dealing spell and skull damage in the same move (move, not turn) against a troop with Armored or Stone Skin. Can be triggered with Infernal King’s spell for example.

This is still a problem even after the 2.0 update was supposed to help fix it. At least that is how I took the changes mentioned to great maw “accidentally” devouring a second troop.

Bone dragon’s trait is ridiculous enough without having it proc without actually being attacked. The fact that this bug survived a major update intact is frankly ridiculous.

-Razlath

1 Like

It’s definitely still there. Skull spam, for whatever reason, isn’t just “lots of damage at once,” and has many similar bugs associated with it.

1 Like