Shut Bug Wars Down

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I expected Guild Wars Battles to be decided based on skill, strategy and artificial luck.
Instead, it’s decided by skill, strategy, AI luck and which guild gets the least amount of bugs.
What are the steps to make it happen again?
Shut down GW until all the bugs are fixed.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
Ticket has been submitted.

Earlier this week a guild member reported a bug that he played a match, won, and it didn’t register. He won the match against a different opponent and it showed up as a win and a loss.
Well, I just won my first match on red day and it didn’t register. Faced a different opponent for still the Soldier tier. Won that battle but did not only did I not get my “unique defense points”. It also registered as a win/loss.
Earlier this week I also submitted a ticket because I was facing opponents that was not even in the guild I was facing.

9 Likes

Some ppl just have the worst luck with this game. I hope you get this all fixed.

Man that is some crap, hope it all gets fixed soon

3 Likes

But if they shut down Bug Wars who is going to alpha/beta test this for them?

4 Likes

No one. There’s precedence here. Last time they shut it down for a few weeks and we hadn’t had an issue since then until now. (At least not as many widespread to all)
To the best of my knowledge there wasn’t any beta testing done prior.

I was being sarcastic.

To submit this bug report, please include an attachment with size approximately 2.19MB.

7 Likes

They did shut it down for two weeks. They seemed to say they regretted that decision.

I had hoped it would have stayed shut until more of the bugs were ironed out.

I’ve come to the conclusion that GWs will always be full of bugs.

2 Likes

I know it sucks when it happens to you personally, but this happens to all guilds every week… The only thing shutting GWs down would accomplish is to reduce everyone’s rewards, at this point it’s pretty clear that at the rate they’re introducing new content the game will never be bug-free.

One of my members had 4 losses in a row for no apparent reason after her first win yesterday.
I can only assume this was some kind of repeat connection lag issue that marked her as a loss… 4 times in a row :dizzy_face:

They have already reduced rewards in most other aspects of the game. Why not go the whole hog and add another reduction?

What you say is true for the short term, in the long term it will ensure everyone gets the correct rewards.

At the moment the whole scoring system is irrelevant. It might as well not bother having fights, rather roll a dice to determine the finishing position of every guild.

A game mode based on scoring isn’t worth having when the scoring is flawed.

If I’m honest I’d be happy if GW went and never came back though so maybe I’m being bias by saying close it and fix it.
Close it and keep it closed would be nice.

Just to be clear, I’m not happy about the bugs, we lose points every week due to wins counting as losses, defenses resetting and random disconnections too… I’m just saying that I’d rather they didn’t close GWs down while they fix them: there’s a lot of room for improvement and some days it can get frustrating, but I still like the mode overall.

You could make the same case for PvP in general, couldn’t you? The scoring system in place makes no sense at all…

Some rewards are better than no rewards, and if it’s really just random then why are the same teams always at the top?

GW is the only thing left about this game that I like. If it was up to me there would be 30 battles a day…one against each opponent.

1 Like

To make it hurt even more. I would (should) have been 30-0 for the first time ever in Bracket 1.

2 weeks in a row! (This time another guild member, not me).

Hey thanks for making a unique defense that you don’t get the points for because of this bug. :clap:

Hey, we’re really sorry this is happening! FYI, I am currently in the process of adding a bunch of Known Issue articles to our Help Center so if you want to check if a) we know about something and b) where it’s at in terms of progress, you can find em there. For now there’s only two of our more major issues, but you can find it here.

It seems to be a communication issue between the server and the client which we’re looking into. Please feel free to contact support in the mean time. :banana: