Sheggra's Lava Strike partially ignores Entangle

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
The first (remaining) troop is Entangled and Sheggra (lower down) triggers Lava Strike. I was expecting zero damage, but I actually receive what appears to be partial damage from the first (massive) skull match and then no damage from subsequent matches.

Given that other skull creation spells do zero damage when the first troop is Entangled, I would expect this to be the case for Sheggra as well.

This appears to be the case regardless of whether the first troop has True Shot (e.g. Glade Warden) or not (e.g. Venoxia).

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Entangle the first living troop and let Sheggra launch a Lava Strike.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
No, but it’s happened on several occasions now.

It may be from so many skulls connected. It still does 1 damage per connected skulls exceeding 3. If it did 5-30 damage, it was probably from that.

1 Like

@Tacet is right - Entangle reduces Attack power to zero but doesn’t actually prevent attacking. If you match four skulls, an entangled troop will do an attack just dealing one damage…

1 Like

Okay, so if they are Entangled but match 4 skulls in regular play, you take 1 damage (presumably from the Critical Hit)?

I suppose that makes sense, and I’ve just been luckier against Bone Dragon than Sheggra.

Yeah, even Fortress Gate, back when it could get any attack, could do 1 damage by matching 4+ skulls.

You get +1 damage for a 4-Skull and +2 for a 5-Skull (Critical Hit) on PS4.

Also it you have Sheggra in fourth position and say a Centaur in first, even if Sheggra is entangled he can still use his spell but it’s the Centaur that is firing the skulls damage.