Shady or Not To Be

It’s not Guilds at fault, the players that leave do so of their own free will.

1 Like

I’m a guild master and I think this is tacky in the extreme. I would never go into another guild’s recruitment thread to try to recruit a player. On occasion, I have contacted a player who has previously expressed interest to ask if they still want to join up. If they do, fine; if not, that’s fine, too. Poaching is just sleazy.

4 Likes

Heh, funny how low people will go just to try to get to the top of the Leaderboard for a Gem game. LOL

I started a recruitment thread awhile back and got ZERO replies. So at least no one stole my recruits. :slight_smile:

All my members found my Guild in-game and then it fills up from those members inviting their friends. Of course, if we need members we simply encourage other members to invite people they know. Other than that, I simply change my shield if I’m lacking members and it almost ALWAYS seems to attract new members right away when I do this. I don’t know if maybe when you change the shield you get cycled back into the random guild list or what but we always get new members simply by changing the shield. LOL

If you never tried doing that, you should. It can’t hurt anyway. Also, encourage your current members to invite other players in the guild chat.

@killerman3333, I think going into another recruitment thread even to say:

“hey if you do not get in, my guild is here for you”

is not good form and probably hurts your recruitment efforts more than helps. Unless of course, that Guild has already filled up and is no longer accepting members and has made an announcement stating so. Why I bothered to say anything at all is beyond me though since you mentioned you hadn’t done this in over a year. lol Nevermind me. Carry on. lol

My Guild is in the Top 200 w/o any real recruitment efforts aside from the one failed attempt here in this forum. But we all try to enjoy ourselves and have fun w/o any specific requirements other than to be active at least once in 30 days and contribute when you can. We share codes in the chat when we come across them and we give each other hints and tips and cool team combos, bonuses, etc. Our top priority is to have fun w/o any pressure of contributing this or that sucking all the fun out of your game playing experience.

Mostly my guild is for those who want to get into a new guild without the effort. Mine is for training new recruits so they have a resume when trying for more active guilds. Having a newbie try to join a top guild with no experience is bad for the new members, mostly because they will have to stick to strict guidelines, I do not snipe members anymore because my guild is no longer competitive and is no longer trying to get to the top. I have a recruitment thread that is long dead that lists the outdated rules my guild had. I offered an alternative because watching players spend weeks or months trying to get into a guild that has long since been dead was not at that time sleazy or underhanded. Sadly now it is hard to empty the guild of members.

Ha ha. I hear ya man. Nothing wrong with that. We basically have the same type of Guild as far as no requirements, no pressure. Our Guild wasn’t really pushing to be a Competitive Guild either, though we do encourage people to play, contribute and have fun. But most of us are fairly active and win a fair amount of trophies weekly which keeps pushing us up the Leader Board.

Personally, I left a Top 50 Guild for the one I’m in now cuz I didn’t care for the management who changed the requirements constantly and would Demote Top contributing members to put a friend in that spot even if that friend wasn’t actively playing. So yeah, I got fed up with being the most active player and yet having the lowest rank in the Guild despite getting promoted to the top from my efforts to begin with.

So I left them and joined a Guild that I can control since it is my significant others Guild (who got kicked from the other Guild for no reason whatsoever). To be fair, the Guild Master had just inherited the Guild and was still trying to learn how to manage it so kicking her may have been an accident. But I’m happy to be where I’m at now without having to worry about getting demoted/kicked if I’m not the top contributing member.

Keep in mind, all this happened well over a year ago.

These days, recruitment seems like it would be extremely easy what with the invite player button in the battle log and whatnot. Anyway, I got to go report an annoying bug now (which is why I came here in the first place…lol).