Rewards needs some rework i think

I don’t even want Zul.
I want to feel like buying extra tier event.

Right now, spending gems to do the same fight against the same Boss/Invasion/etc to gain an Orb is just no.

3 Likes

I always thought I was unlucky with ascension orbs but reading your posts I feel lucky now. 8 major and 35 minor atm. I even used some minor in the past now and then.
I already have 24 major growth/wisdom orbs and I just want to be able to craft zuul. But I probably wont when I have all the stuff to do it. I think I will see it as a waste after so many months searching blue orbs. :rofl:

2 Likes

my rewards for buying tier 6, feel like i got kicked in the junk.

7 Likes

These growth orb have to be either removed from the game or crafted into other orbs(3 into a wisdom or 6 into an ascension)…Your rewards for all your efforts were totally garbage.

5 Likes

So no word from the devs about it?,no surprise there then…My reward for finishing on the leaderboard…No need to tell you what i got,as it was obvious.

1 Like

A canister of used and rusty nails?

The devs don’t give a crap unless something is broken in favor of the players…like when the new gnome was in gold chest…they fixed that :poop: in minutes…no it’ll be fixed next patch…instantly…we asked to be able to share within guild…oh ok we’ll give u guys this…cash :joy: devs don’t give a :poop: about wat we want…they’ll nerf a good troop tho if u point out how useful it is

1 Like

PvP rewards seriously need a x10 buff. Except maybe the traitstones. Everything else gold/gems etc. need a x10 buff to reflect the hours of effort it takes to make the top 6.

I get minor Ascension orb from Stage 7 in Invasion this week, thanks god. But do you know when is the last time I get it? A month ago…

I got too much Wisdom orbs lately, which is not that useful to me. If they insist on keeping the same drop rate, at least give us a way to convert orbs to different type at least. Even using the same Ingots system; 10 growth → 1 wisdom & 10 wisdom → asension, look good to me right now.

@toljazn would you mind cleaning up your post? Swear words are against the community guidelines.

1 Like

I just fixed it

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s cathartic to use that kind of language (lord knows I have typed up salty posts on this place before), but polite to go back and edit the post once you’ve calmed down a bit.

Moving this up

Is there none of the Gems of War team willing to make a comment on this thread?

1 Like

While I agree that rewards suck (for an endgamer, at least) please try to keep in mind that there is a strong chance the devs are not the ones who make the call on how rewards are determined. That would be the publisher and their worries about “teh economy” (hence every new event coming with a shiny gem sink). If the amount of people playing truly is growing the way the devs have recently stated it is, I would expect rewards to continue to get even worse in the future due to needing to be spread across an even wider user base.

The devs seem genuinely passionate about the game and for all we know are doing the best they can with the marching orders they’ve been given by the publisher. I worked in the Customer Service industry long enough to know that getting thrown under the bus for stuff that you have no control over sucks. Hopefully they’re relaying all this feedback up the chain but if history is any indicator nothing is going to happen.

2 Likes

But my concerns are about the economy.
If I know I will be disappointed, I am not gonna spend or invest into « getting my next lottery ticket » .
So sure, disappointment and frustration is part of it, but also they need to consider the lack of incentive to aim for more.
Last 2 delve event I made top 100 with spending less than 200 gems…
People don’t try anymore.

Here is another exemple. Today we got, as a guild, a Vault Key. Woot woot, 4 rewards comming up. Here is mine.

That’s 3 soul bundles. But hey, that greater Orb is pretty exciting right?
Nope.

So basically, 300 souls and a Clan Orb. So nothing.
How is this supposer to make me want to buy more event sigils?

1 Like

A major clan orb isnt bad tho. Its equivalent to 75 guild keys or 75 gem keys or 675 gems (assuming your guild hits 40k and you have all guardians to mythic)

8 Likes

That is the first time I have seen anyone complaining about getting the Major Clan Orb…

2 Likes

If it « equals » 75 keys, i’d prefer keys.
My guild is mid-range, we rarely hit 40k and never fill all tasks.

Sorry for double posting, it’s hard to edit from my phone.

So, even if a Major Orb of Clan is deemed ok, it is still a chance for something.

That takes us back to the original complain: too many of the goals are not prizes, but chances to get prizes. It’s a lottery ticket from your aunt at Xmas instead of an actual gift.

In this case, we reach a goal: a Vault Key, so a lottery ticket.
I get 300 souls, and a new lottery ticket (Major Orb)
This gets me yet another lottery ticket (75 pulls out of a clan chest).
Where are the actual prizes?
A chance to get a chance to get a chance at probably nothing is not fun or encouraging.

I prefer , by far, the pet even model (100% pet if you complete it) or the class event (fixed class XP rewards).

1 Like

When it comes to “gacha”-style games, random is the rule. If you could pay X and get a guaranteed result every time, currency sales would likely tank and no publisher wants to leave money on the table. Randomness is far too profitable given the proliferation of it in the mobile gaming market and the increasing presence of lootboxes in the PC/console markets.

These type of games are colloquially called “gotchas” for a reason.

Also, one should keep in mind that given that 505 has never put on a legitimate “gem sale” (i.e. actually reducing prices instead of just giving a bonus with a purchase) and spams us daily with “buy this legendary troop for $50 USD!” that even if it ever became possible to have a guaranteed means to get a specific orb (other than the Greater Growth from events) or some other type of RNG removal it would probably be laughably costly.

I do hold out hope that someday orb conversion recipes will be added to the Soulforge…but I also assume that if that day ever comes, the price will be wildly out of whack. Kind of like how it costs multiple Celestial Traitstones to craft an Arcane.

All of this said…it’s not my intention to come across as being bitter about the state of things, and I apologize if I’ve done that. I’ve been playing for nearly two years and continue to log in daily. I enjoy the social aspect of the game quite a bit. I’ve played other gacha games and enjoyed them too (and even spent a little money here and there on a couple of them). I’m just offering one person’s point of view on the “why” behind why I suspect certain things won’t change.

1 Like