Reward System for consecutive wins

At some point in the past i suggested a parallel event with restricted/banned cards for the duration of the said event. Maybe adopting your model as a parallel event would put it as more acceptable since it’s optional.
Also @Rasper had some other cool ideas about effects for these events.
(I can’t stay long at the computer to look out for the links right now (working)).

that pvp stats sound fun once a while but to have it all the time as the only pvp way i think would be very tiring
you are basically making a totally different game mode, i like to keep current pvp mode as well :stuck_out_tongue: (besides all the programming i dont see happening) the numbers u gave are super disbalancing xD

edit: i mean, with this kinda event most of ppl would super happy and excited first two days, but by the half way through they week would already miss normal pvp where they see anything else then forest of thorns and can use anything else then forest of thorns… and these events keep on every week you gonna miss your favorite maw or mab team that you can almost never play anymore due to the new pvp bonuses/restrictions…

oh and i forgot to mention it would be super bad for all the early + MIDDLE levels (right now normal pvp is hard for early but middle players used to be fine) coz they cant find/patch up this many units to have a chance at pvp where every week reqires nearly a completely new set, pvp would become very unfriendly and many more new players might give up on the game before they get to the good part

I think there’s nothing wrong with having features that aren’t available for EVERYONE (i.e. low levels). In MMORPG’s you need certain level to access dungeons / raids or specific quests - and everyone is OK with that (well probably not, but yeh), because that’s the way it is.

So in my opinion events for specific troops or kingdoms are a great idea and a way to spice things up, and low level players will have something to look forward to, rather than fall into the same (eventually boring) routine from day 1 of playing the game.

Also older players will feel like it was worth spending so much time playing, because they’ll have everything ready to take part in those events. Not the best of feelings when you spend hundreds of hours and in the end ANYONE has access to everything just like you do (regardless of how long they played).

1 Like

Mana penalties and random status effects thrown in is probably a bit much, as they actively restrict certain builds rather than rewarding others. Stat bonuses would have to be strictly measured. The additional specific daily bonus is probably too much at this point, especially if it is tailor made for the troop in question as in your example. Remember, if we go too extreme in bonuses, we might see a regular shift in the most popular troops used week to week or day to day, but that entire period of time would be flooded with the troops given the advantage, especially if they also happen already to be “good”. Theres also the matter of bonuses relating to specific troops (eg., armor for Rowanne, Skull reistance not affecting thorns for Gloomleaf) would be is specifically designed things that would require dev time, while ideally a system like this would more run on automatic.

Reward bonuses is a great idea, both for using a certain troop and setting your home kingdom. I would propose that defense wins with specific troops included get at least double the reward, or it will still probably be less profitable than using a “meta” team. The rewards are minimal either way, but the little nudge there would be enough so some but not all people consider using a themed defense, so we can see some variety not just week to week, but within the week itself. The home kingdom thing has been an issue for some time, since you are largely restricted to getting yellow traitstones from PvP (though Explore has largely mitigated this), but an actual incentive to switch it up would help. I’m actually going to start switching my kingdom every week myself regardless.

2 Likes

I like the basic idea of having special events, but I think it should be OPTIONAL as to whether you participate in said event or not or it will suck for ALL low level players who don’t have the troops and/or don’t have them levelled yet.

1 Like