[Reviewing] Cosmic Dragons Broken

**Platform, device version and operating system:
iOS 17.1.2 and version 7.3

Screenshot or image:
Attached

What you were expecting to happen and what actually happened:
The cosmic dragons were reported to cost more than the gem dragons because they are tougher. They have better traits and when on the spell page, you can see the boost ratio that is 1x more than their gem counterparts (the gem dragons have a x2 boost and prismatic x3. The new cosmic dragons have a x3 boost and the prismatic a x4).
However, the second part of the first sentence of the spell “boosted by [colour/skull] gems] is missing on the cosmic dragons. Without this gem boost, the gem dragons (with the boost) are clearly stronger than the cosmic dragons (without the boost but with better traits). This is not consistent with (1) the cosmic dragons being reportedly stronger; and (2) the boost ratio on the cosmic dragons that appears. It appears as though the developers intended to have this function of the spell included but removed it last minute and forgot to take out the boost ratio. So it’s like they were planning to give better troops as promised in the communication but then super nerfed them. That may also have something to do with the cosmic not being bosses despite being said to be tougher. I really think the developers should make this right and make the cosmic dragons have the gem boost that it says.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every battle since cosmic egg released

Steps to make it happen again:
Cast cosmic dragon spell in a battle. Only the base spell damage happens, despite the boost ratio implying it would be higher. The boost ratio is clearly not related to the extra turn. Please fix.

2 Likes

No, according to the spelltext the boost ratio IS related to the extra turn. “There is a 10% chance for an extra turn, boosted by [color] Gems.”

This being said, the spells should include a relevant Gem counter and Boost Ratio hint (e.g. “+20”) as is standard for other spells utilizing Gems on board and Boost Ratios.

5 Likes

Hi Stratelier, no it’s not. In both gem and cosmic dragons the 10% per gem is built into the spell text as you noted. The boost ratio is separate and seen in the top right corner circled in red. In the gem dragons it relates to the “damage boosted by X gems” and increases the damage. Whereas in the cosmic dragons the boost ratio is still there, in the top right corner, but there is no “damage boosted by X gems” in the spell text, and the damage is not boosted… so the boost ratio is just there pointlessly. I wrote that it’s clearly not related to the extra turn because the extra turn is 10% per gem and the boost ratio is x3 or x4 (prismatic). Please look at what I circled in the screenshots.

Only the gem dragons get the damage boosted by gems, but both types of dragons get the extra turn chance boosted. The boost ratio is showing properly for me. The extra turn is not 10% per gem, it is 10% BASE + boost ratio * number of gems. Please note that gem dragons have “boosted by [color] gems” TWICE in their spell, because both parts are boosted by it, while cosmic dragons only have it on the extra turn chance.

3 Likes

Oh I see what you are saying. So then 10% is the base and then 2% for a gem dragon per gem and 3% for a cosmic dragon per gem… and the gem dragons also get +2 damage per gem.

Well then that makes mistakes and I stand corrected in my previous comment to Stratelier and my OP is also wrong. Thank you for clarifying.

2 Likes

Sorry for misunderstanding what you meant. With Schaafy’s further clarification I see where I misunderstood. Thank you for taking the time to clarify. Damn I was so sure too :frowning:

2 Likes

No worries … I was about to exact-quote Eklipsos’s spelltext from your screenshot with emphasis and explanation, but Schaafy saved me the time. :slight_smile:

In general, most spells involving Boost Ratios have a “base” effect plus the boost ratio – there are very few spells whose effect depends solely on Boost Ratio (e.g. Detect-o-Bot, Major Tarot cards).

Oh that’s interesting, I didn’t know that. Honestly I’m proud to just know most troop names yet alone the spell nuances! You both must have very good attention to detail and curiosity traits :slight_smile:

This also explains why I got extra turns a lot less frequently with the dragons than I was expecting :sweat_smile: :joy:

where are these 2 new weapons i have not yet seen them in soulforge as stated

@GANNICUS1 they are at the bottom of my weapon tab into SF as I can’t craft them yet