Cosmic Dragon Rebalance

Because we’re still starry-eyed over the Cosmic Dragons, we’re giving them some love.

• We’re are increasing the way Magic affects their spell, it will increase from 1.6x to 2.5x.
  • Stellarix will see an increase from 2.1x to 3x.

That might sound a bit nebulous, but it should increase their damage by a galactic amount!

• To prevent these changes from going supernova, we have increased their Mana costs by 1.

We’re hoping this should put them back in everyone’s orbit.

We have also increased pun per light year by 2%

16 Likes

When will the change be effective?

I’d rather see them weakened again as they’re just some regular troops that shouldn’t be overpowered. That only would break the game and throw players off, making them quit. Rather focus on reverting the pathfinder changes again since those troops are more player friendly to obtain and handle. Before that throws off even more people. Thanks.

2 Likes

within the next few hours

2 Likes

Thanks for this i guess? like yea they kinda needed a little boost to actually make them comparable to gem dragons, but was this really needed? I guess people werent buying enough dragonite from the dungeon since diamantina was just better in most situations. Now stellarix is just gonna be an absolute monster everywhere.

So when are we getting dupe protection so i dont open 7 green dragons before my 6th unique dragon again?

11 Likes

Light-years are distance, not time

10 Likes

Given the magnitude of the number change, I assume they will still not get damage influence by boost ratio from gems on the board like their gem dragon counterparts do?

That would break them

1 Like

Thanks but not happy about a mana increase.

You won’t even notice it with Stella. I don’t know about the others - I still use gem dragons in tbe slots where I would put their cosmic counterparts.

Since boss dragons boost magic by 2 and cosmic dragons by 1, I don’t care how much damage they make. Except Diamantina all of them are only passive members on my teams if they’re even on. And then I prefer the boss dragons. Because of their better scaling in that particular case and because I needed less eggs for all 6 boss dragons than I needed for 4 cosmic dragons. I am that petty to not like them just because of how much time I need to obtain them …

stellarix doing more base damage than diamantina, not creating the skullstorm (which is detrimental at higher levels) AND having a very good chance of looping means it will be better in almost all situations now. Diamantina’s damage boost based on skulls made it better for some things, but now stellarix will do just as much as diamantina without needing the skulls on the board.

6 Likes

Thank you for the speedy response

1 Like

I think this is actually the best part. Could use a lighter moment with everything else going on.

Wow. I don’t know if that’s a good idea, but I will gladly use it until the world deems otherwise.

I think that’s fair actually? Not everything needs to be a carbon copy, so I’m ok with them not having boost ratio. I just need some active decision making available where do I want the higher base damage or risk the boost ratio.

Before the choice was obvious, the boost ratio always won.

It doesn’t help that the Giant Gems are just way more efficient than Dragon Gems.

2 Likes

So?
What about the elephant in the room? WHEN will you even start thinking about making the dragon obtaining process LESS FUN and more achievable in normal amount of time.

Impossible to enjoy Stellatrix, if I can’t get one.

32 Likes

I’ll take 1 Luna and 1 Dan please. To go. Thanks. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I was going to do the math to see how much this increased damage output, but apparently I don’t understand how magic works, because my Lunarelleon (pre-buff) is at 35 base magic, times 1.6 + 6 is 62… yet it shows 93 damage.

Anyone care to educate me? :joy:

I’ve always wondered since it already exists in the game with Guardians that when you have 4x Mythic the troop gets taken out of the pool why they don’t/can’t/won’t do it with Gem/Cosmic Dragons. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

With your team composition and with your mana value hidden, It looks like you have the 2.5x damage buff in place already.

(I don’t have the buff on console yet, for what it’s worth)

30 mana… it was 29 before, right? So maybe it is already out!