[Reported] Graphical artifacting in Underspire Minimap (Switch)

Noticed with Switch 7.1, but may affect all platforms to a certain degree (and may be resolution-dependent - Switch uses 1280x720 for handheld mode):

It would seem that whatever asset is used for the map cursor could use an additional 1 pixel of empty padding between it and whatever else exists on the same texture sheet.

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for the screencapture, and for the zoomed-in diagram.

I’ve let the development team know about this issue.

In the meantime, a few quick questions for the investigation:

• Did you notice this issue when you first opened the Underspire dungeon? or did this issue occur overtime as you were playing the Underspire gamemode?
  • Which mode are you playing the Switch in? (TV Mode, or Handheld)
  • Have you noticed this issue occurring in other areas of Gems of War? (eg. Main Menu screen)
1 Like

Yes, the artifacting is immediately noticeable on the Underspire minimap, however it seems to only occur on one side of the texture asset (i.e. which side it is rotates with the graphic; it is most prominent around the “2 o’clock” and “8 o’clock” angles). It does not similarly appear on the main Underspire map (with the graphics rendered at full size), only on the minimap.

This was taken in Handheld mode (resolution: 1280x720). I do not have a TV currently set up for docked play and/or at other resolutions.

There are actually a lot of assorted super minor graphical artifacts throughout the game where certain things don’t line up quite properly but which aren’t really noticeable unless you’re intentionally looking for them:

Example

Note there are two vertical “seams” running between columns 3-4, and 5-6, where the kingdom background shows through:

Could be resolved by layering a solid background color behind the background tiles of the board, but this one’s a SUPER minor detail that you wouldn’t notice unless specifically told to look for it.

Additionally, the way this cursor icon gets rendered on the Minimap, it seems like it is scaled by a not-quite-1:1 aspect ratio then rotated, because if I compare screenshots taken at different times there’s a super subtle, slow-cycling “wobble” from a left-leaning skew ( \ ) to a right-leaning skew ( / ) and back again. Again, this is a super minor detail that you’d have to be purposely searching for to even notice (but the artifacting as previously shown is not).

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for confirming the details.

I’ve updated the report with your account.

1 Like