Remove mythic found announcements from global chat

I think that for the most part the found mythic is a slight upgrade from most conversations I have seen in global. As another person said It’s a great way to make sure a troop is actually in the drop pool. I think the positive out weighs the negative of one guy does not like it.

As I see it’s not just me who don’t like this.
Even if the troop is in the drop pool months can go by before anybody pulls it from a chest.
It gets announced lets say randomly in the first 10 channels or on the channel which that person visits the most, if they use global chat at all. So you must be online, must be in chat, must be in the right channel to see that message.

The correct way would be if troop availability would be announced in the ingame news.
One more item in news, “xy troop is now available in chests”. Even a one time popup would be good.

This is an another shitty thing, that troops gets available after 3-4 weeks in chests after release. What? Don’t the devs know when they add the troop to the drop list? Insane but the topic is not on this, it is another issue.

The announcements people are referring to as being useful are the ones that flood global during the new mythic release week — none of the others matter from the player’s point of view (but they’re not going anywhere, either, because if people are bothered that is the point - devs want people to be jealous, annoyed, just-hopeful-enough to keep playing and acquire their own, or give in to the impulse to buy their own — in other words: OP’s frustration is exactly what they want, so they’re not going to stop the thing causing it).

But to reiterate how this shouldn’t be removed for the sake of players: I certainly never try to get the new mythic until I’ve seen some other lemming jump off the cliff (spend keys) before me and live to tell the tale (get the new mythic), because there have been times in the past when mythics weren’t released as advertised.

7 Likes

Plus one thousand for that.

I also use the “found a Mythic” as an opportunity to interact with Guildmates who don’t normally participate in Guild Chat. “Hey, congrats, here are some teams I use that troop with”.

Basically, it ain’t going away.

Two Options:

Mute anybody you don't care to get to know, so they won't pop up the next time they get a mythic.  
 Avoid chat on Mythic Fridays.
3 Likes

As I know such practise is in the crime category.

The devs are living in an illusion, if my guildmates find a mythic that makes me want it more and spend more. Random nobody in global doesn’t moves me.

@ChunkyMono Only option 2 is viable, how could I block everybody else, especially if I never saw them in global, just names floods the chat.

Apologies. On Xbox, with a controller, I can click “x” when I scroll to any chat entry, including “Mythic” alerts. I assumed it was the same across all platforms. (“X” on the controller brings up the interface that allows blocking)

1 Like

On PC/android I can click on any chat message and it will take me to the players profile. Takes a couple more click to block somebody.
But if their “mythic found” message is in the chat they already flooded it, and TBH I am too lazy to block everybody one-by-one.