Ranking of Legendaries! Pre-1.0.9 necro'ed

Ah, thanks for the reply! :wink:

Jarl, summer imp and moloch make a really good combo, add hero with torch and youā€™ll get yourself going. That was my team for a long time :slight_smile:
Jarl feeds everyone and himself, summer imp feeds jarl, hero feeds jarl, and moloch is there to dispose of enemies while also stopping them from using spells. Having only 3 mana colors might seem bad at start, but you can use prismatic orb for your hero. I still prefer torch because you can make a sure 4 or 5 match. It also can beat any other team, but itā€™s a really slow team. Oh it generates tons of maps :slight_smile:

Some cracking responses above, you can see some clear consistency in the ratingsā€¦ Iā€™d add mine but itā€™d be a repetitionā€¦ Of all the above Iā€™d say @Shimrraā€™s set was closest to mineā€¦ Iā€™d also put Carnex higher but thatā€™s just personal preferenceā€¦

Mine would be the same as @shimrra except that if bone was in 7, Iā€™d have KOS in 6. Necromancy is just so useful for souls, and targeting a color to change to skulls alsoā€¦

To add to this Jarl doesnā€™t have strong defensive stats in the first place with his health/armor being mediocre at best (even with leader in place he has less combined defensive stats than most other giants), which doesnā€™t support his leader trait either.
I think several leader traited troops have that problem though, so the trait might just be to weak defense-wise in general considering its restriction to the first position.

1 Like

My little bro just got his first legendary last nite too. It was Garā€™nok. He seemed so excited that I didnā€™t have the heart to tell him at first that Garā€™nok is more or less ranked in the crap tierā€¦

However, he eventually discovered it on his own anyway, and we are now able to add another reason why Garā€™nok is awful. His ā€œ3 damage to allā€ side-effect is especially devastating to newbie beginner teams, where 3 health can easily be a quarter or even a third of a life bar.

Thatā€™s soā€¦ sadā€¦ :cry:

I had not considered that. How ridiculous. Then again +8 at lower ranks is also fairly silly, so it cancels out. Sort of.

Main problem I see with Jarl is not his stats but his spell damage. Itā€™s so low that in current meta he canā€™t kill anyone even with 5+ casts. . A sort of a buff to Garnok could be to replace his leader with some kind of a positioning trait, he could get +1 to all stats the higher he is placed. In first spot he would get +4, in second +3, third +2, and in last spot +1. It would open up more options to place him.

Jarl: agreedā€¦ but note he spawns a lot of gems and can (partly) self charge so the nuke hit shouldnā€™t be massiveā€¦ but should be a bit strongerā€¦

Garā€™Nok: fun idea, but still backwards, he should be stronger the FURTHER BACK he is placed, as he is a summoner/support troop after allā€¦ I hate when traits cause conflict with the main design of the troopā€¦ you might say it increases tactical choice, but on a low-use troop itā€™s just making it even less usefulā€¦

This just goes back to the whole ā€œstats need to be balanced so magic matters againā€

I need help building a deck.

I have Gloom leaf, keeper of souls, shadow dragon, and sheggra.

Assume I dont have ANY good hero weps because they are ALL event weps that are UNAVAILABLE to new players.

Do you have Valkyrie, Green Slime and Skeleton?

Skeleton
Green Slime
Valkyrie
Keeper of Souls

You wont get a better team. And great for soul farming, also.

the only legendary iā€™ve ever pulled was hydra
today iā€™ve pulled one more
itā€™s kerberos
everyone says kerberos sucks

i guess i should be happy itā€™s not garā€™nok at least?

While he does spam a lot of gems, he also spams them completely random which can result in lots of free mana for your opponent too. He was my first legendary and I used him for a long time, so trust me as good as he is at spamming and feeding your team, he tends to make a horrible spam every once in a while (and not to rare) resulting in your opponent stomping your first couple of troops. He got a slight buff through his huge trait which synergies well with his spell, but Iā€™m not sure how effective that is.

Heheā€¦ any troop that spawns gems or skulls can give you that ohcrapmomentā€¦

ā€¦except the Bone Dragon, which now spams SO many skullsā€¦

DonBoba, did you managed to pump up a Legendary yet with all its traits?

I chose not to do so, I prefer to get fully traited couple lower rarity level troops then a single legendary. I have fully traited many others, but no legendary.

Ah, same! :slightly_smiling:

Well Iā€™ll necro this thread and get some updated opinions now that Legendary traits were changed with 1.09 and enough time has passed to let things settle. Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s a God tier anymore but the legendaries I think are Tier 1 currently are:

Gorgotha***
Moloch***
Crimson Bat

The Bat doesnā€™t need to be traited to be effective, although it would be nice.

Some Tier 2 would include:

Infernal King
The Great Maw***
Psion***

Be interested to see what a new list would look like!