Raid Boss: Feedback and suggestions

Other than more reward per winning battle/closed portal, I would like Raid to have some kind of daily goal/reward as well.

For Guild war, there are 50 seals and 100% bonus exp for winning daily. For seals, Raid exchange that for “Orb of Clan” which give 300 seals and uncraftable, so it’s fair enough. But for Exp, there is nothing to replace that. Right now that bonus is listed as “Spacial Event Bonus”, so I don’t want to see it limited to just GW.

3 Likes

Sorry for the (Peng)long post. But at this point, i’m not sure if this falls in the best interests of the devs or the publisher. I think they are constantly reevaluating the economy, and we are more likely to see the gems as rewards being substituted by some other resources with specific uses. And i have my suspicions that more changes are coming towards the seals in general.

Previous updates hinted at this, and 3.3 is being subtle at this matter just like a troll dancing on a tin roof is silent.

4 Likes

Hey, last week we created a feedback thread for the 3.3 update here:

However, we are also collecting your feedback from other threads as well.

2 Likes

It just seems like so much goes on in here that a lot could go unnoticed. Thanks though.

I still think this thread can be helpful for raids only.

3 Likes

the lack of seals and underwhelming rewards for the time sink needs to be fixed. I usually have 1500 seals by now but I only have 500 and I’ve spent more time and gems than any week ever. It’s frankly not worth the time.

10 Likes

Here is my best suggestion:

2 Likes

Portal rewards should give seals (or an extra orb of clans and orb of wisdom to fill out the tables and make their total value less… entirely decided by RNG.) But the battle rewards themselves need to be significantly buffed. >99.7% of the playerbase won’t be on the leaderboard. For the rest of the playerbase, the only reason to complete more raid battles is to close more portals or just for the fun of it. If you aren’t close enough to another portal for your damage contribution to matter in this regard, this is the most egregious timesink in all of Gems of War, beating out Treasure Hunt by an order of magnitude - a few hours spent and you’ll only have a few hundred gold, a few dozen souls, and a handful of traitstones. For the people that are enjoying it all the way through because they enjoy the mechanics and challenge, but don’t have the raw gems to get on the leaderboard, they shouldn’t be steered away from it because they are essentially dumping several hours of time when they have other guild requirements to keep up. The raid fights themselves need to give sizable amounts of base resources (say, gold, souls, and glory) as well as some seals and possibly trophies.

23 Likes

Well said.
To put it in a more blunt and brief context:

Devs,
You said Raid mode was specifically to encourage inter guild cooperation. You know Guilds have reqs. Help us to meet our reqs while playing YOUR specially designed Guild Modes.
Thanks!
Love,
Efh313

18 Likes

Y’all sound like a bunch of ice addicts angry that because you’ve taken so much meth in the past you’re not getting the same high with this new batch! :wink:

Forget the rewards or payments for time invested. This is a game. And frankly I find fighting the same guy over and over and over all week to be not much fun. In fact the word that comes to mind is boring.

2 Likes

The real fight fun begins in the raid fights when the boss’s health and armor is above 300 and it seems that only people who spend a lot of gems and time will get to this point unfortunately.

I made the mistake of buying tier 7 twice, but now that I’m this far into, the challenge is pretty fun, puts warlord 4 casual pvp to shame.

I don’t think I’ll ever go past tier four again though. Unless the incentives change.

2 Likes

I would also say some gem rewards (per win?) to incentivise people to buy higher tiers, i don’t think anyone is buying higher than 2 next time around. At least soften the blow for some players to get the Godslayer to mythic for 500 gems every week if they win every single game and grab every single estimated valraven.

2 Likes

1 gem per win would be really nice and pretty low still.

2 Likes

Considering it takes 1k+ to get Tier VII I’d be thinking along the lines of 10 per win, maybe even 25

1 Like

Bird flew away, lucky to win though. So for example; I hit 800 boss fight, maybe 8 glory per win, or 8 trophies.

3 Likes

A general reply here about rewards.

I like them for now.
Guild Wars cost nothing. And the reward is nothing.
Boss cost more, maybe you put in 500 gems.
But you get troops weapons and stones from the shop, and the. Some orbs, keys, stones and gems from Portal.
Look at the total stuff you got from your investment (shop+ portals+ fights) and I think it balances out.

Sûre , cost of invasion and raids and daily dungeons drains gems, but then you save during GW week.
It’s the VIP chest that needs a reassessment, too costly in gems now that we can’t hoard.

With guild wars though you get a 3 trophy fight prize per battle won, and daily xp and seals for a daily win, and weekly rewards.

We pay into these sure, but the rewards per match are so unbalanced. That’s all I’m asking is give us a little bit more for each battle won, so it’s not such a drag.

The tiers are like a event chest, true too, I do like that part. And don’t mind spending some gems on that. It’s all about balance and I think they just over looked a few things, that’s all.

2 Likes

Why have the other troops in the battle against the boss when you don’t get any points or anything for beating them too? I kill the boss only and get x amount of points. I kill the boss and the others and I still get the same x amount of points. Seems a waste of time.

More variation in the daily battles. I thought you might have to beat a new series of minions each day before facing the boss. You basically pick up where you left off. Now on the third day I’m tired of fighting the same troops again and again. (OK there’s usually one or maybe two that switch out if you win, but if you don’t win you face the same line-up again unless you get that bird-thing that either gives you 2 battles or flies away.)

3 Likes

WHAT??? End of the week with guild war and you get A TON OF resources… gems

4 Likes

In Raid Mode (and I’m guessing Invasion too), the payouts are too low AND the gem prices in the shop are too high. Combined, its very noticeable.

Players don’t get enough Orbs for their efforts, and it comes as a random orb. Its hard to explain that 1 orb is valuable, because sometimes, it isn’t. You only get 4 orbs and 1 major when all 10 portals are completed, which most people won’t actually close the last 2 portals which are 2 orbs and 1 major orbs. So assuming 8 portals closed, that’s just 2 basic orbs.

I pity the people that get an orb of growth; orb of clans isn’t much better.
Crafting 20 orb of growths into a major orb of growth is completely unfair compared to the rate that orbs are given out.

The Zuul’ Goth “carrot” is also ridiculously too far forward. Xathenos was a fair time gate, Zuul’ Goth will take an eternity at the rate current payouts are given. 3 years+, maybe more depending on how unlucky someone is with major orb of growth. You’d also have to factor in the orb of clans dummy prize, and its just silly. Zuul Goth as a usable troop isn’t even that great. Some may suggest just to ignore it and pretend it doesn’t exist, but then that just seems like wasted content.

Now that the gnomes have nerfed rewards, the Vault Key doesn’t hold much value.

Gold: valueless
Souls: valueless
30 diamonds: since 80 diamonds + 3 gem keys + celestial traitstone + stuff for 50 gems exist, this isn’t much
10 event keys: its nice, but nothing to write home about by itself
Runics: valueless in this environment
Celestials: valueless in this environment

The payouts don’t justify the shop and the shop items don’t sell themselves, since the troop serves minimal purpose outside of the event.

As for the actual gameplay, it gets fun up until arbitrary X point which then the battles become tedious and long. The strategies go out the window since each fight is basically the same. After completing those fights, the actual rewards for completing a battle is non-existent, which doesn’t encourage more battles if the portals aren’t gradually closing, which won’t happen if people don’t care for the prizes.

Long story short, no part of this event encourages active participation. Orbs alone don’t justify low payouts, and orbs are very difficult to explain to people that they contain value, especially when half of them don’t.

A good portion of my guild don’t want to make an effort at this event again, and there’s really nothing I can do to convince them otherwise.

Personally, my end goal of these events is to craft Zuul’ Goth some day, and its just not happening with these 10 Portal rewards. I shouldn’t have to feel hopeless and giving up on crafting it on week 1.

Maybe if these modes offered many more orbs and equivalent gem rewards to the amount paid in to play the mode and the original 10 portals, it would feel more worthwhile. (then leave the pay 2 win option for that want to pay/play more after. create a personal tier of rewards for overachievers)

10 Likes

A separate addition to this: our guild finally cleared the 10th portal. One of the top performers got a Major Orb of Clans. Ouch.

4 Likes