R.i.p. zuul'goth

You know, more people own Zuul’Goth than just our people. The more time passes, the more people will get Zuul’Goth from naturally saving up.

Guess what? I’m sure anyone that actually gets Zuul’Goth would want a troop worth the time and effort it took to accumulate that many Orb of Ascensions.

Here’s the most important part: Anybody can get Zuul’Goth that wants to get Zuul’Goth. Its only about how long it takes to be earned.

Now if you’re jealous that you can’t get one since you’re using Orb of Ascensions for other things, that would be your decision on how you use your Orb of Ascensions and other players shouldnt be punished for your decisions.

5 Likes

I’m not jealous I work. I’m not going to spend my whole life on gems chasing you guys. Now if they want to please the 10 people that have it and make more quit game that’s up to them. It was a glitch not intended so it’s fixed live with it

2 Likes

That’s your decision that you don’t go for events. People with Zuul’Goth also work as well, so that’s a pretty lame excuse to hide behind. Zuul’Goth is not a limited edition collectors item, more than “10 people” will own Zuul’Goth.

Guess what? No one is forced to “live with it”.

Its through community participation that the hero class fee is being removed finally, Dawnbringer was removed from the Arena, Immunity to Mana Drain traits were created, Gnomes were made more common, more gems were put back into tasks after the Tasks overhaul.

Community discussion is healthy for a game. A game dies out if there’s nothing to talk about.

But at this point, you haven’t contributed anything for or against the topic. Stop trolling the thread.

3 Likes

I’m not going to sit in front of my tv for 12 hours lame excuse or not. I’m not the one complaining that my troop that I knew going in was not strong enough you are. You want the glitch back. We have problems keeping 30 people in the guild because of glitches. Bringing the glitch Back would push the rest over the edge. I will add my 2 cents where I see fit. You don’t own the thread geez.

4 Likes

Neither do you and your word isn’t law. People will discuss what they want. However there are Community Guidelines: FAQ - Gems of War | Forums

Keep going if you want, but you’ve been calling our guild out with combative behavior while trying to derail the thread this entire time.

2 Likes

I have not named your guild or any person in it. I think you are grasping straws there but if they want to kick me off game ok. Stating you have the troop is not a call out but maybe if you a snowflake you might think different.

3 Likes

You know rojo for someone who doesn’t care, you really seem concerned answering every post like if your life depend of it. No worry you will have your chance for zuul goth soon.

1 Like

This thread right now:

{someone posts}

Well I think you’re a shitty poster who says stupid things so shut up and get out

If all you’ve got is personal attacks, you’re out of arguments.

3 Likes

Ehhhh… From all arguments here the only i feel it’s worth to comment about is the usage of Godslayers. Technically they are not needed at all outside the event for some simple reasons:

• If Zullboi can’t multicast you don’t need to worry too much about it.
  • If it can multicast you might consider using one of the few who are actually ok/decent even when not targeting a boss if you lack better options.

And technically the argument…

• It was a bug and therefore it was fixed in this update. This wasn’t a nerf.

… is not wrong in any sense, not even in alternate universes but “Bizarroverse”.

But it doesn’t means this bug didn’t offered an oportunitty to consider if Zuulboi should be allowed to multicast. Since the bug happened and it gave players the chance to experiment with it the discussion should be moved into this direction.

As it was already pointed, the devs decided to change things sometimes (and i’m still waiting for a time they decide to review Wild Plains, Arctic Fox and Frost Archer…).

Eons ago, when the devs walked among us and would even bestow some of their wisdom for the masses… they made a small mistake on Crimsom Bat’s Spell, but as we voiced that the mistake wasn’t so gamebreaking and would even make the troop better, they conferred among themselves and decided to leave it as it was.

Maybe the same could happen in this case, it could just take some time, maybe two or three threads requesting it every week and some nutjob constantly griping about it in every post he/she makes…

Have i mentioned that Wild Plains still needs to be reworked in this thread and that Arctic Fox and Frost Archer should get new arts? :skull:

4 Likes

To be honest i don’t really care about the troops art, even if she was nice would you still use her?

I would prefer them to use their time to create new troops or rework old troop spell than see them redo the art

2 Likes

Well, i won’t delve too much on it to not derail this thread, but the devs don’t spent time making art, they just comission it and approve one of the submitted works i believe¹.

So it wouldn’t prevent them from creating any new content or reworking old ones (like Wild Plains)… Also i’m just being cheeky about this stuff, i could have many bad and unhealthy habits, but being an annoyance has its own rewards. :skull:

¹ If Frost Archer and Arctic Fox current arts were the best options of all submitted works… this means there were worse things submitted? Try to sleep thinking about that @KYLENATOR001.

1 Like

I would be interested to see what were the other options :slight_smile:

Anyway back to the topic, i am 1 power orb away from zuul!!! Too bad i couldn’t test it before it was fix :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Stick figure versions of them maybe?

1 Like

I saw them… once. Never again

4 Likes

I think we won’t get a real solid verdict on ZG until quite a few more people have it. That’s going to happen in the coming months, and I think part of why there’s a rousing discussion is the 2nd or 3rd wave has come and gone.

For a long time, I’d never lost to a ZG team. But for a long time, there was only one person who consistently used a ZG defense team. I’ve lost a handful of matches to the ZG team now. The only matches I lost were while the bug was active. I don’t know if I lost because of the bug or not, I wasn’t scrutinizing the matches. I’d like to think it wasn’t the bug, because I tend to remember if I felt cheated when I lose. These were more of the “*sigh* Yep, that happened.” variety.

I can’t really tell what the impact of a stronger ZG would be on GW, which is where I think the most careful scrutiny should be applied. Part of that is because I’ve never had to face a serious opponent using ZG in the GW environment.

What I can tell is the last time we had a troop with a double-insta-kill was Ubastet, and it caused a lot of anger. Some people pointed out it was unfair to ZG that Ubastet was so powerful, but really the anger was centered on the idea that no one troop should be able to so reliably kill two other troops so quickly.

The nerf to Ubastet hit a few different angles. Mana generation via explosions was toned down, Divine Ishbaala was slightly nerfed to decelerate that team (because we agreed ALL Divine mythics were a little too fast), and Ubastet’s boost ratio was toned down a bit to make it more likely a tanky team could withstand an early hit.

So it’s not a completely apt comparison when I point at Ubastet. The battle cat’s prowess was due to a lot of features interacting, and all of them had to be tweaked in response. ZG is not so obviously powerful with a double-kill, and it doesn’t have a completely obvious team to accelerate it.

In the end the problem with experimentation on ZG is it’s not widely owned, so it will be a loooooooong time before we feel the impact. And then, if it turns out a double-kill is overpowered, people will complain “It’s been this way for MONTHS, why change it just after I get it?” etc.

I stand by my core point: making such an expensive troop was a bad idea. There’s no way to balance gameplay vs. what power level the price represents. It would’ve been better to make an avatar wearing an “I played Gems of War for 2 years and all I got was this shirt” tee. Nobody argues about game balance and cosmetic items.

2 Likes

I believe it’s a bad idea because it tries to act as an economic balance for gem income. It’s important to have enough things to spend gems on, it’s bad to center all gem expenditure around one single goal: Orbs → Zuul’Goth.

Every week we have Sigil-based events demanding gems for a chance to obtain random Orbs, or to be more precise, high chances at getting mad about the Orbs obtained, and once this system starts to fail we get another sort of event with some Super Mythic Weapons that consume even more gems to be fully upgraded.

Is there some Buyer’s remorse involved in both things? Sure, once you obtain Zuul you can’t really use him for much and the Doom Weapons also are all copy+paste of each other but with different colors and Weapon’s Type.

For this current discussion i think Zuul’Goth could be much more interesting than “I KILL YOU (ONCE)!” or “I KILL YOU! I KILL YOU! I KILL YOU! I KILL YOU!.. ad nauseam…”

1 Like

Yeah, and as an economic balance for gem income it stinks.

The players who get it the fastest are the ones that spend the most gems. OK.

While a lot of those buy gems, every time I assert they’re all spending gems it turns out a lot of people specifically hoard free gems for a while, then make a leaderboard run with the hoard. These are generally people who play a lot more actively than me so I believe it. But sure, gems are being sunk. Got it.

Then they finally get ZG and… there’s nothing left to spend gems on. Ooops. They might still make leaderboard runs, but now they’re kicking other people off the charts for no reason other than pride. That’s no good.

A good sink is repeatable. LTs sink gold like nobody’s business. The only reason anyone has a hoard of gold is if they like having gold. Soulforge sinks diamonds, and unless you’re spending a lot of gems and money it’s set up just right you shouldn’t max out in a reasonable career. That’s… the end of GoW’s repeatable sinks.

It turns out if you pay attention to games, players don’t often need a lot of motivation to spend resources. They just want some sign they’ve spent the resources. Kingdom of Loathing is full of resource sinks that are completely cosmetic and people sink tons of money weekly into them:

• One is simply a donation pot with a leaderboard. You get nothing but a leaderboard position for donating. There’s a weekly and lifetime leaderboard.
  • One is an item that does nothing but costs more money than the average player will ever obtain. It exists because there was a bug to get effectively infinite money, and this was more fun than banning accounts that exploited it. Then people who didn’t exploit the bug started buying it.
  • Player stores have an “advertising budget”. That affects how high your store is featured if someone searches for items. But there’s also a leaderboard and people fight for placement every week even if their store is empty.

I could go on. I have seen gamers blow tons of resources on the equivalent of “an achievement”. We don’t need it to be a dang troop.

What I think we need is a fire to throw gems into that doesn’t really spit much back out, but does have an external indicator that you’re doing it. At some point in the game all you can earn that matters anymore is pride. A lot of players are going to disagree. Every last one of them would eagerly look forward to the day they place on the board. Guaranteed. There is no bigger brag than “I don’t even need this stuff anymore, I’m going to destroy it”.

I am struggling to see the point of this thread to be honest. When I started playing gems, raid was fairly new so it wasn’t long before I ran into zuul as an inexperienced low level player. At that time I learned that he could be crafted at ludicrous expense. Judging by his spell description on the troop card in forge it was blindingly obvious he wasn’t worth the effort, at least not for me. Those who did pursue him knew his credentials the same as the rest of us. A select few, having acquired the troop enjoyed the exploit that his incorrect coding enabled for several months. This unintended buff was an error. Just because the error was beneficial doesn’t mean it wasn’t an error that should be reinstated. If I craft a troop there is a reason why. I don’t craft it then complain because I would prefer a different spell. It’s a bragging troop; simple as and if bragging is your thing, you can bore us further by posting everywhere you see an opportunity to do so. Zuul is what he is. Accept it.

1 Like

Btw gotta add on ps4 there’s 1 team with Zully that’s not bad AND dont rely’ on multicasting.