Quit Bugging Me

the problem is that it’s highly unlikely you need the stones for anything else unless you’re really early in the game.

I believe Sheggra will do just fine, the game has a lot of troops creating, transforming or converting colors you can still manage to renew the board constantly in order to always get some more red gems even just cascading new gems into it as you generates and matches skulls with Sheggra’s spell.

I’m not sure one week without use is much of a protest. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And that skull cascade will be doing double damage to units burning from matching reds charging its spell.

1 Like

Meh no harm in not refunding, If I really want to I can put the stones back in.

I just kinda want the souls back. Still need 628,635 souls to finish getting what troops I have to 20. And I doubt I will be using shegra any time soon anyways.

And actually I only have the first trait, so only a few stones.

If I wanted something to burn when matching gems, I would just use Jarl. Being able to do a burn on a single colors 3 match isnt much different than any color 4/5 match.

2 Likes

I dunno, I may give this team a whirl in some casual battles to see how it fares:

Dragon Banner
Sheggra***
Courage***
Hellcat
Mercy***

…Once I collect another 28 runic fire traitstones, that is.

I thought about that initially. Still better than burn on contact.

Only if you put Sheggra up front, and only if the randomness affects the first troop. I’m not sure who would helm Sheggra in the first place considering she has no mitigation traits. Overall I feel that the trait changes for her are mostly neutral; traits were mediocre before, and still are now. Slightly disappointed, but her core function persists so…/shrug

4 Likes

Is damage mitigation such a big deal? Of the three teams I cycle through most frequently, my lead troops are Mercy, Sylvanimora, and War Sphinx (thanks @KrudlerTheHorse). None of those has any damage mitigation (if Sylvanimora counts as mitigation, then Sheggra has access to mitigation), but I win matches at a decent clip.

Fair enough, though leading with Mercy is leading with a damage sponge. She literally is the mitigation for troop #2 because after her first cast, she’s thrown to the wolves. Basically, she gives you protection against damage, true damage, Death Touch, Famine and Death stat drains, and (in the right comps) Chill Touch, because you just don’t care for the poor thing once she’s served her purpose.

Poor Mercy. :frowning:

Also, Impervious is definitely a form of mitigation, as Death Touch is a thing. It may not be much, but it’s something.

This was my first thought from reading that.

Mercy survives almost every match. Probably more often than poor Syl. I take good care of my imaginary and completely fungible units!

1 Like

Gross new troop. Unsure how useful. Awful puns. Routine weekly update for that.

I think it’s grandiose calling the changes a Broken Spire rework. Sheggra changes are a mixed bag as @lyya says. The rest is re-tuning numbers. When Mist Of Scales had a rework, things materially changed function, synergy was gained, stuff caught up to power creep a little.

2 Likes

Well, we do what we can… since Broken Spire is a very integral part of the new player experience, we can’t rework it it very hard, or we’ll be chasing all those nice new players away!

And you’re the first person in 2017 to call us “grandiose” :stuck_out_tongue: I dunno… I kinda like the sound of that!

13 Likes

:laughing: Such a great and unexpected response. Should have just ended it there. :wink:

No offense to Jainus, but that’s comedy gold.

1 Like

lol - it just reminded me of a favorite old meme…

I mean it even has a “bear” reference in there to make it relevant to the thread

15 Likes

Oh I love Sirrian puns.

3 Likes

And this week @sirrian will mostly be channelling Robert…

2 Likes

Just getting in touch my inner gorilla :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

That’s really something you should only do in private.

About the weekly Snots challenge:

• after last week’s rather tricky and annoying challenge needing contrived teams to summon dragons in spite of the <4 troop summon bug…
  • …this week it’s free Snots all round, right?
5 Likes