Ice and Fire

Originally published at: Ice and Fire – Gems of War

New Ulra-Rare Troop: Snowy Owlbear The Snowy Owlbear will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Legendary Troop: Ursuvius Ursuvius will be available exclusively in Event Chests this week, and will make…

“Eliminate their attack by 10” is some of the most twisted phrasing you’ve ever used.

18 Likes

I think “reduce” is the word the designer was looking for before they were underpaid and switched to troll mode.

Still if that was the case at least use a plausible word such as “subtract”.

Then again maybe I’m over thinking things. Maybe the AI is given a list of words and then it’s based on RNG to pick which words are used to describe a cast.

RNG makes a lot more sense than someone logically picking “eliminate” when describing the act of reducing a troops attack by 10. Otherwise someone had a few too many IQ points “eliminated”. (And yes in that case the word actually makes sense. )

4 Likes

I’m guessing eliminate (instead of the more commonly used reduce) is an Australian English variant thing along with archnophile (instead of the more commonly used arachnophile) and world event scoring (instead of the more commonly used intentionally obfuscating).

17 Likes

I’m pretty sure the first hints we got were when they decided to call the four primary stats of troops “skills”.

I remain very much annoyed about that and will unhappily insult the devs and/or whoever else is responsible for that stupidity. (Saying I’d ‘happily’ do it is wrong, I’m not happy about it. Rather it was just named correctly.)

But yeah “eliminate” surfacing however-long-ago was not a great thing to see.

3 Likes

Another repeat Trait with a changed name, and yes is an awful one.

7 Likes

At least Baphomet can be used as a proxy for people without heroes who unlocked fireblade. This isn’t sad as that would be an understatement.

The easy out is to buff sun flare to 100%, but that won’t be until 17 months give or take?

The new legendary needs our allies to burn and our enemies to be enraged to boost its spell.
Two statuses we are not able to generate on our own right now.
So, there is clearly something possible to do about its 3rd trait instead of repeating one already used.
The ability to burn your allies. The ability to enrage your enemies, Both at the same time…
Please guys !

Technically you can enrage your enemies with some cactus troop. But it is absolutely not worth it for a lousy 2 damage per enraged enemy bonus.

1 Like

If copying legendary(/mythic/hero)-tier traits is just going to be commonplace now, can we at least have more copies of the ones with practical applications? You know, perma-storms, 50% mana starts (preferably ones that aren’t on hero classes, and obviously preferred to hit troop types that don’t have it yet), cleanse… things that can be built around or powerful tools to have on your team. Heck, this guy could have just had Infernus’ third trait at this point for an alternate/easier way to activate some commonly desirable synergies. Yeah, that would make the trait “strictly better” than Jarl’s burn trait, but its not like there has been any indication of that being a problem either.

4 Likes

I’m trying to get Ursuvius. New troop. Okay?

… This is fine … right … ?

In lieu of more pics, it went like this:

Troop Results
Doomclaw 2 0 0 0 0 0
King Mikhail 2 1 3 3 4 1
Kurandara 0 0 0 0 1 0
Urskula 4 2 4 3 5 1
Ursuvius 1 0 0 2 2 3

Standard fare. Need one more, finally just get given three. *facepalm*

5 Likes

I too received my second Doomclaw in an attempt to get 5 copies of the new legendary.

First 200 keys

Took me 150 more to get one more copy. :joy:

1 Like

Other than superstition and time-efficiency, there’s no difference between spending 200 keys, 50 keys or 1 key at a time, right? Just want to make sure I haven’t been squandering my keys without knowing a well-known fact.

1 Like

@Mithran has the stats on it.

If memory serves, you’ll waste fewer keys the more clicks you’re willing to endure.

3 Likes

I’d assume each key is an independent roll. Then again, I didn’t know about scrolls having a pattern until today so :woman_shrugging:

This makes sense because if you want outcome A (e.g. a specific troop), you might get it on roll 1 of the 200 keys you spend, or on roll 401. In other words, if I’ve kissed my lucky egg, then maybe the slow 1-at-a-time might prove better for saving keys.

1 Like

…yeah, as long as the pulls are sufficiently random, and not overly “streaky.” I think Mithran proved as much with many hundreds (thousands?) of key pulls put through the rigors of stat runs, but it was a long time ago so I might be wrong.

Or things could have changed between now and then, who knows — things seem to break around here all the time :man_shrugging:

But I’m resigned to whatever, at this point, and if opening 200 keys gives me 6 of the same legendary as opposed to a ratio of 2:2:2, or even a spread of 2:4 or 5:1, I’ll not look at it overly askance — devs just need to know if my resources are ever bled dry, I’m out, because I’ve no interest in playing or paying more than I already do :joy:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t advise one at a time unless resources are extremely low.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that your chances of finding 2 Doomclaw mythic troops by using only 1 event key is 0%. :wink:

@Shimrra’s SS above is great example of probability vs chances. The amount of keys used per chest pull does not factor in terms of probability. But it does effect your chances.

Having the unfortunate experience of arguing with someone in global chat before about this exact matter. And even @Kafka couldn’t help him see the light. I’ll now tap out of this conversation early before I get pulled into another mathematical lesson. Especially when I have absolutely no business teaching math to anyone. But what I do know is… chances vs probability. :grinning::person_shrugging:

2 Likes