Ice and Fire

Don’t worry about that. Basically got a math major so not arguing that. Yet many of your posts mention streakiness so thought that people might have anecdotal evidence of better luck with large pulls rather than smaller pullsx or vice-versa. But since the probability of each key is small, and 200 isn’t a big sample size, likely it’s less causality than it is coincidence.

If they did. Then it could be easily disclaimed by those who put up the exact same amount of resources and have the exact opposite luck. Streakiness doesn’t care about luck. We can only hope that when we experience the streakiness of RNG, that it’s the favorable kind.

1 Like

That is still a fact, but long term due to unders and overs, you’re still better off getting it one at a time for the scenario you mentioned (need 1 more, no need to open 200 and get 3 more).

The RNG is streaky, my guess is the time/slice is part of the RNG determination, so within a particular small block of time (several seconds?), there is a high chance of repeat results. This works both ways however - streakiness can get you 6 copies of the same legendary in 3 x 200 pulls, but it can also streak you 0 three times 200 in a row.

1 Like

Last week, 800 event keys used, no mythic [I needed Zilipo]. This week, 100 event keys, 2 mythics [one of each, my 3rd doomclaw and 2nd kurandara].

Total of 400 event keys opened to get Ursuvius to mythic.

Anecdotal: For the longest time I’d pull multiple copies of the same legendary (and NO other legendaries) when opening 200 glory / gem chests at a time. I’d even get another round of copies of that same legendary (and NO other legendaries) in the next batch of 200 keys and the batch after that. Given how often this was happening, it lead me to believe their implementation of randomness was wrong. My initial speculation was they’re using system time at really coarse granuality to help generate random numbers and any amount of server congestion lead to their implementation breaking. Doesn’t explain why the 2nd or 3rd batch of keys would still roll the same legendary though - maybe pulls were precomputed and cached.

Anyway, I’m saying ‘was’ here because I believe at some point in the 2nd half of 2020 they may have quietly fixed their implementation of chest RNG, it’s not happened to me since.

So has anyone splashed out the rather huge amount of gems needed to upgrade Doomed Baton fully? I’m somewhat curious about it, as 14-gem creation of a single color sounds intriguing, but I’m having trouble justifying the cost. And the rest of the spell is basically useless and weird.

I have

Doomed Staff works nicely with something like Amarok.

so far, Doomed Baton has been a bit of a dud, but mainly because I can’t think of a purple target that I’d want to use it on that could help refill Doomed Baton in any meaningful way. (I.E. yeah, it’d fill The Grey King nicely, but relooping isn’t ideal)

You could do like a Titan - DBaton, Lep, Zuul kind of thing, but its not exactly the fastest variant of this team

3 Likes

I remember some old stream with @Sirrian and @Nimhain (and @Saltypatra, of course), where @Nimhain told she was working on unifying game language. Looks like she’s still working on this task.

1 Like