Fox Sports

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/fox-sports/

New Raid Boss Troop: Halfgrim Half-Giant

Halfgrim Half-Giant will be available in the Raid Boss Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Common Troop: Artic Fox

The Artic Fox will be available for 300 Glory in the Rewards tab of the Shop, and will appear in Gold, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Weapon: Ice Aegis

This week it will be available in both the Raid Boss shop, and in the Soulforge.

Join the Forum!

9 Likes

Hey, another 10 star kingdom! :smiley:

9 Likes

I like how we yet again get these somewhat silly bonuses if the weapon targets a boss:

Freeze all enemies - but the boss can’t be frozen.
Barrier all allies - but the boss will go straight through barriers.

I understand it works fine vs the other stuff but its still funny.

16 Likes

Meh troops though not surprising considering them being event/common.
But that weapon is of a terrible concept with half its stuff only going in effect against bosses, huge waste.
Please stay away from that concept in the future, rather get back to the 6gem/trooptype concept for remaining types and kingdoms, thanks.

6 Likes

Ice Agies looks suitable for beginners when doing dungeons but falls a lot short for raid :neutral_face:

1 Like

In order:

1. Hagrid’s looking good and despite being bad with magic, has a great spell.
  2. Not even worthy to be a rug as it is far too ugly.
  3. Maybe it will keep my drinks cold as an oversized (or proper giant-sized) coaster?
3 Likes

It’s a monumental achievement! Arcane Shields are finally purchasable for glory… wait… /sigh

So, when exactly was the last time Arcane Shields were purchasable for glory? Let’s look at the past release schedule for Blue/Brown troops…

Going backwards in time (credit: the Event Spreadsheet; ignoring mythic troops as they aren’t tied to events),

Week of September 24, Halfgrim Half-Giant, Raid Boss troop, nope.
Week of May 28, Sir Wulfrik, Invasion troop, nope.
Week containing March 16, Ice Wraith, Bounty troop, nope.
Week of January 1, Chief Stronghorn, Legendary, nope.

Wait… we have go back to 2017 for the last time Arcane Shields were purchasable? Yup!

Week of October 20, 2017, Leviathan, Legendary, nope.
Week of August 14, 2017, Forest Troll, YES.

So, dropping those dates into Excel for a quick time calculation… at the start of the this week’s event on the server day change, it will have been 406 days (and counting!) since the last weekly event where Arcane Shields were purchasable. :partying_face: Yay, for a new GoW record! :partying_face:

And according to the spreadsheet, there’s currently no event troops for October that use Arcane Shields either, so November is the earliest (short of an unplanned change to the event schedule) for this streak to be broken.

How long can this streak last? Place your bets, everyone! Over/Under, before the start of 2019?

4 Likes

Oh look! A troop who can deal proper damage AND get a boost favored from it’s racial theme… Not like some certain cow recently released for the most despised kingdom in the entire game…

Also a weapon too costly thanks to effects based on a troop type that rarely appears in the game… It should have at least a “Mang-type effect” since it’s Blue which would be a great addition…

Can i place a bet on before Wild Plains rework? No? Damn… just because everything is possible before this reworks happens.

1 Like

You want to talk about tweaks or reworks we need, there’s always the 50 gem cost to swap classes…

No longer on topic though.

Sooo this troop is way way stronger than most event troops … “a certain cow” notwithstanding. Given the other troops we’ll be able to work with, this should be exceptionally easy.

2 Likes

New weapon not showing in unowned yet.

This was just fixed about ten minutes ago, if you restart your game it should show up in unowned. :slight_smile:

(On that note, a bunch of other weapons should also show up.)

2 Likes

Speaking of unowned weapons, what is the Celestial Staff that’s showing up as unowned for me? It’s associated with Whitehelm, but I already have the Priest class weapon, and I bought Tier VI of the Guardians faction event so it shouldn’t be that either.

1 Like

https://gemsofwar.com/new-event-heavenly-dragon/

3 Likes

What on earth. I didn’t expect that a weapon released back in March 2015 would be mythic. Thanks for digging that up.

It’s ultra-rare, not mythic. But in your defence, I’m not sure there’s a way to tell the rarity of a weapon from the unowned screen.

1 Like

Its blue aura could help identifying them a bit. Also, it’s somehow the only Ultra-Rare weapon unavailable to new non-VIP player like me, the rest are all either Epic or Legendary.

That future Darkstone weapon really get my attention though. Could be so sweet in late Level Delve.

So, I’m guessing that the person who did the art for Arctic Fox has never actually seen an arctic fox?

1 Like

@RiverSong, I’d be inclined to agree with your guess, except that in another thread, @Razzagor found the photo that was used as “direct inspiration” for this art. :smirk:

1 Like

Photo or Photoshop? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Microsoft paint from a decade ago probably.

1 Like