Pruning Inactive/Dead Guilds

Do you mind sharing the proof with us? All I can see is that it will not come in 3.4, as @Cyrup shared earlier with us today. Based on Cyrup’s reply it might come in the future. :+1:

A magic bunny MIGHT hop across my yard dropping golden nuggets but that and deleting dead guilds is most likely not going to happen.
Only proof I have is a friend telling me that a reply to a ticket to remove dead guilds said they don’t plan on removing dead guilds anytime soon. That and vague replys along with a might get to it some day only confirms what I believe.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll try to make it a bit clearer then and less ‘vague’.

• We plan for updates a few months in advance, so by the time this was raised as a solid suggestion, we had already scoped (allocated time for new features/bug fixes etc based on available resources and schedules) 3.4/3.5
  • The design cost, code and testing involved to make big changes can’t fit in the next update or two. Because we haven’t started developing for anything beyond 3.5, I actually don’t have any information on progress to give you!
  • The definitions around ‘dead guild’ are different for everyone. Seeing as you actually need to manually register for Guild Wars each time, it’s more of a ‘lowly active’ guild as we call it!
  • Therefore, a more valuable approach is encouraging participation and involvement in Guild Wars. We need to focus on making less active guilds more active in guild wars so that they have a reason to be there, and their ranking is meaningful for other guilds competing against them.
  • Sirrian suggests that this might be a process of putting them into a bracket more suited to them and making it more exciting or meaningful to be in a bracket that isn’t in the top few.

Whew! I hope this is more clear, and if you want more info, feel free to ask a little more politely next time and you might get a quicker answer :wink:

7 Likes

A “dead guild” is a guild with 0 people in it. Hence the dead part. 0 people can invite, participate, motivate, or do anything for a dead guild. I don’t think anyone thinks an empty guild is anything but dead.

Even a guild with 1 person who only plays for an hour on their birthday is still an active guild. Very little activity but still an active guild. We are not judging any level of activity here.

I can’t edit someone else’s title but IF I could I would delete the word inactive. Let’s stick to purging DEAD guilds.

2 Likes