Pruning Inactive/Dead Guilds

Cyrup already stated that they don’t auto-register guilds. Sirrian also stated on the stream tonight that someone in the guild must manually register for GW. So, that must mean that some guilds register for GW just to get the tiny freebies/GW troop and just don’t bother playing the GW matches.

4 Likes

This goes for every comment I’ve made on this thread as well.

See above. I feel like you’re being deliberately disagreeable. What I was saying was that I wouldn’t want to delete any guild that has members, even a guild of just 1… it should be obvious therefore that I’m against deleting guilds with 13 members!

@Kafka Guilds with no members should just evaporate. As I understand the game mechanics they will never have a member (because no one is there to send an invite), they just clutter up the rankings looking sloppy and silly, IMHO. Nevermind if zero member guilds are somehow getting scheduled in GW!

I only know enough about programming to be annoying, I’m afraid, so I find the answer of “we’re looking at this very complicated issue” rather unconvincing too. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

However, I’ll acknowledge that developing a networked piece of software like GoW with twice-weekly rollouts over multiple platforms probably presents nightmarish difficulties I can’t begin to imagine. :exploding_head:

PS-- this issue is not that important, even within the scope of GoW… as I hope we’re all aware. :wink:

Perhaps you have to manually register the first time, but I’m quite sure the DMs in my guilds are not re-registering every week. Maybe the registration stays active as long as the guild is active in GW?

If brackets only went to 100 like my suggestion above then all these dead and non participating guilds wouldn’t be a problem. They would all be in “bracket 101”

3 Likes

That’s cool, but there’s probably a reason players are complaining that they’re facing 0-member guilds. There are a lot of places in the game where what the devs believe happens and what really happens are not in sync.

I believe they can still gain members via the random guild finder if the guild is left open for recruitment. Whether someone entering said guild can promote themselves to leader as a rank 5 member I don’t believe so, though I would assume they could submit a ticket to be promoted if they are the only member.

But I would still agree that guilds with 0 members should evaporate either automatically or by manual cleanup every so often.

2 Likes

Well, this is an interesting point. Has anyone shown a screenshot that proves that they faced a guild in GW with 0 members? I’ve seen screenshots of people facing guilds in GW that made a 0 score in GW. In my guilds example, we have come across a number of guilds in GW that have a score of 0 by the end of the week. But, we have no clue about their membership. However, they obviously had at least one member that we fought against.

6 Likes

Now that’s just being rude. How am I being disagreeable purposely when I’m simply correcting your assertion that my guild had 1 member.

You made the comment “I completely support your desire to keep your 1 member guild going, even if you don’t play for a long time, and I think most here do.” which was pretty snarky tbh. in response to my post. Thus I was simply correcting you. Someone’s looking for an argument where there is none.

Besides, nobody is here to agree with only your assertions and opinions. That isn’t how the world works I’m afraid.

Okay, fine. I’m definitely not ‘looking for an argument.’

On your guild’s membership, I stand corrected. Only it makes no difference to the discussion because what I’ve been trying to say is that empty (as opposed to inactive) guilds should be removed.

Your guild is obviously not empty, but the number of members isn’t relevant-- whether the guild has 13 members or only you, it’s still not empty and shouldn’t be deleted IMHO.

2 Likes

I noticed a red flag on guild wars tab after reset today indicating we needed to register. Is this new?

1 Like

Well I should have figured the primary focus of talks with dead guilds being Guild Wars. My thread was merely about just cleaning up the guilds overall. Though Guild War cleanup was a side benefit. As for disabling and pruning 0 member / dead guilds. I won’t go much into my history but I do also know how to code and have done so as side work. Pruning 0 member / dead guilds is not hard at all, nor does it take time to do (anyone that codes knows this as well). So @Icarium81 I feel is correct that its a bit of ‘lip service’, as pruning is not going to be difficult, nor would there be a issue (or a issue arising later) in deleting said guilds. That sort of lip service may work on the mentally inept. I have discovered many on this forum that are far from that, and fairly bright.

P.S. One of the reasons I do like posting on the forums. As I feel many of you are very capable for yourselves. And it makes discussions feel they have more depth than talking of glittery nails and bubblegum.

1 Like

2 weeks later and not a single word on this huh?

Nothing is going to happen towards getting rid of empty guilds.

Scroll down and you will see proof that they have nothing to gain from deleting empty guilds so it will never happen.

How do you know?

1 Like

Large changes to the game and the balance and design of entire systems are not immediate. As mentioned, we have taken on board your feedback, but this is not something with a solution that is easily applicable. We have been focusing on the release of 3.4 and thus have not currently been working on this request, so currently I don’t have any updates on this.

4 Likes

just get rid of the free players, then the whales can play with each other all the time.

@Cyrup can you please take 5 minutes and go ask someone who actually knows something why removing EMPTY guilds would be impacting in ANY area? Aside from possibly shuffling people up a few dozen guild brackets…

I am sure they have several ideas on how to fix this. Just removing them might not be so easy, with the amount of bugs that seem to happen every time they do something, I would prefer they not just try and sweep them all out at once. There is potential to remove fully active guilds also. This would be something I would really hope they do some good testing on.

2 Likes

WE are the testers. You should know this by now

1 Like