[POSTPONED] Scheduled Maintenance with Downtime

Do I have the time right here?

https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/1834022/gow-down-for-update

I believe that is correct. That’s exactly what we need in game. (3/11 20:00 PT) is just forcing people to work it out themselves and probably get it wrong due to daylight savings.

Looks so yeap.

4 hours before new day is when it goes down

Obviously sunspear will be back to his best after the maintenance. Check popular or should I say unpopular opinion. This is the perfect opportunity to put things right.

1 Like

warning popped up just fine and i was made aware this morning. So, good job getting the word out. Scheduled maintenance tonight, got it.

3 Likes

1 hour to go before its down

Will there be compensation for the tribute everyone misses that hour? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hey folks,

We’ve postponed the maintenance for now.

We’ve been talking to the sys admins about the maintenance and they’re able to push it back to the same day and time next week so we don’t have to interrupt Guild Wars week :slight_smile:

We know how important Guild Wars is and also if anyone gets caught out the lost battles aren’t able to be edited or compensated by giving an extra battle or GW points, while if anyone gets caught out in another Guild event we can help them.

We’ll put the same warnings up again next week so everyone has adequate notice.

Sorry for the false alarm! We thought with 24 hours notice it was going to go ahead but we were able to get it pushed back after all!

17 Likes

It should never have been scheduled to compromise wars in the first place tbh. But you already knew that, right?

1 Like

Our servers are located with an external company, they don’t know what a Guild Wars is :slight_smile:

We explained this week is important for us, had discussions and they were kind enough to re-arrange their team’s schedule to accommodate ours.

We weren’t sure if it would be possible to get another company to re-arrange their schedule or not, and with 24 hours til maintenance we had to inform you all so we did while continuing the discussion about trying to move the schedule.

We figured notifying you and being successful in getting it rescheduled then cancelling was better than not notifying you, and the downtime happening unexpectedly. Correct me if I’m wrong.

9 Likes

This is the first time I’ve encountered specific scheduled server maintenance whilst playing this game. If it’s a new thing that you’ve initiated then you must have had input from the start as to when such maintenance would transpire for minimal effect. But you would still have had to warn the players to minimise disruption (lost sigils etc). Sounds to me like the server company offered a slot and you guys accepted it at once without bothering to check the impact which means you’ve been trying to reschedule at the last minute in order to avoid another railroad disaster. But of course that’s never going to be something that the company would admit. Am I right?

No. (Less than 10)

2 Likes

This isn’t going to be a new regular thing.

Typically the company that owns the servers will notify their customers that they will be performing maintenance and tell us the date and the time.

Sort of like if you ever get a letter in the mail saying they’re going to turn your power or water off between a-b time on X date. Generally you don’t get the option to call the responsible body and make them reschedule all their works just for your house.

In this case it was fine. So no drama.

2 Likes

If the company is needing to maintenance. Then it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to imagine it’s for everyone’s benefit. Better to take it offline on purpose than to have it crash again.

Now on to actual issues… Like my Home button breaking, getting fixed (like a tease) and broken again.
But this time it’s not Google’s fault. :man_shrugging:

Wow…no existing server maintenance schedule.

…They probably rotate servers usually so that no one gets put it a position where they have to take their game or whatever…offline.
But in this case… Whatever they are doing… requires a full restart of all servers most likely. (It happens man… Move on.)

Jesus H Christ. It’s just maintenance for about half an hour right? Trust me, it’s not that big of a deal. Get it done. Any crying by any players will be done by tomorrow night the latest.

1 Like

It won’t happen this week now.